• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Yes please
*brofist*

The MCU works as its own thread since it's all a single continuity. It is like a TV series in which the episodes are spread REALLY far apart. New threads for new news get posted all the time in OT but it's still nice to have a place that sums up everything we currently know and provides an opportunity for general speculation and discussion.
I totally agree with this.

There should be a DCCU thread but a general comic movie thread would turn into a war quick. 80% of it would be fighting.
This, they should be kept separate (even though a lot of us would be in both).

Guardians broke $700M.

Guardians.

4GbDTLM.gif
And now we'll see even more revisionist history of how it wasn't a risk, ever.

That would be an amazing TV show!

Are you joking or just being annoying?
It's a running gag, a lot of people (wrongly) argued that The Avengers looked like one.

Tom_Cody

I'm surprised there's not a DCCU thread, considering the first MCU thread went up once there was a solid release list following Avengers.
We have been given no indication that any of the DC films will be better than Man of Steel. I'm personally not that excited about this giant DC venture.

We have been given no indication that any of the DC films will be better than Man of Steel. I'm personally not that excited about this giant DC venture.

Well, we've got Terrio instead of Goyer, hopefully for all the major DC films. I've got faith in him at least putting together something interesting instead of the snoozefest that was MoS.

Tom_Cody

Well, we've got Terrio instead of Goyer, hopefully for all the major DC films. I've got faith in him at least putting together something interesting instead of the snoozefest that was MoS.
I liked Argo but IMO he hasn't really put together a sufficient body of to get me excited simply based off his name.

It's all about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. If that is exceedingly great then I will have some reason to get excited about this initiative. If it is terrible or simply marginal then his name will mean nothing going forward (as it relates to this series of films).

Yeah we'll see, I just think anyone is better than Goyer.

I want to say I'm confident because they should know how important these properties are, but then you look at how they handled Superman (both recent attempts).

Basically I think Marvel has proven that they will treat the characters and stories with the care and respect they deserve, and outside of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, I don't think WB/DC has shown that at all. I really want it to be the case but TDKR and MoS were both huge duds in my opinion.

But now we're talking about DC too much in a Marvel thread.

I want my AoU trailer NOW.

Marvel's 75th Anniversary Special will be airing on Nov. 4th.
Has to do with Marvel from the beginning to the cultural success story they are today.

From Pulp to Pop:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/10/abc-airing-marvel-comics-75th-anniversary-special
marvel-75-years-from-pulp-to-pop-141009-618x400.jpg

ABC will be airing a new primetime Marvel documentary that takes a look back at the company behind the biggest film franchise of all time on Tuesday, November 4th at 9pm ET (filling in for Agents of SHIELD that week).

Per Marvel.com, the hour-long “Marvel: From Pulp to Pop” will be hosted by actress Emily VanCamp, who stars on ABC's Revenge and played Agent 13/Sharon Carter in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

The doc will explore 75 years of Marvel Comics, from its genesis in 1939 through to today's box office success, and feature exclusive interviews. It will also offer up a "extraordinary peek into Marvel's future."

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I know everyone's talking about the Age of Ultron trailer, but here's a new Ant-Man pic of Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lily:

qQXeSy9.jpg

Does Hank Pym get shot?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/778143-economy-adam-mckay-income-inequality-marvel-plans

Adam McKay is in talks with Marvel to direct a film.

What is your deal with Marvel? Do you have a shot at directing one of their big characters?

I just did a big rewrite on Ant-Man with Paul Rudd and had such a great time working with them that we’re kicking around ideas. But yeah, maybe I would take on one of the characters so we haven’t locked in anything, but discussions are definitely going on.

Dai101

Banned
Hail HYDRA!

I been wondering how the hell Von Struker and Whitehall remained without aging all this time? Could be that somehow HYDRA replicated some of the effects of the super soldier serum or they have Futurama cryotechnology?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Hail HYDRA!

I been wondering how the hell Von Struker and Whitehall remained without aging all this time? Could be that somehow HYDRA replicated some of the effects of the super soldier serum or they have Futurama cryotechnology?

I wonder if strucker will have his weapon he usually saps other people of their str, he is an old man otherwise. Who knows with them being in possession of the Tesseract though.

I'm guessing Whitehall will be how they introduce the Infinity Formula into the MCU. It's pretty broken to give it to Fury, but maybe they reveal that Bucky and Whitehall both have it.

J10

Banned
I'm guessing Whitehall will be how they introduce the Infinity Formula into the MCU. It's pretty broken to give it to Fury, but maybe they reveal that Bucky and Whitehall both have it.

I thought the patterns Coulson was drawing was gonna be that, but now Skye says it's a map. A map from an alien blood transfusion. LOL

Ithil

Hail HYDRA!

There hasn't been an indication so far that the MCU Strucker isn't just a regular guy, born in modern times. Whitehall still being young, I guess will be revealed later in Season 2 of AoS.

Newsarama reporting that Marvel has invited a bunch of websites and movie sites to some type of presentation/event next Tuesday in LA:

Marvel Studios is taking a page from Silicon Valley, and issued a surprise, and mysterious, invitation for Tuesday, October 28. The invitations, extended to Newsarama and other sites that cover comic book movies, says nothing other than the date, the morning time, and the location of the El Capitan Theatre in Los Angeles. The invitation certainly brings to mind what Apple has done when announcing a major product in the past. It does specify the event is a Marvel Studios one, not Marvel Comics.

http://www.newsarama.com/22550-marv...breaks-records-agent-carter-adds-to-cast.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom