• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Can someone tell me why all these alien symbiotes have spider symbols on them, despite having never encountered Spider-Man or Venom (until now)?

isnt' that just a cover page? and that is the venom from earth if thats for GotG, agent venom joined GoTG recently why wouldn't the symbiote or its offspring know about Spider-Man?

I see Rocket Racoon I guess thats GotG

Yeah it's from GOTG. But it's not the first time I've seen that happen on a Bendis book cover and it bothers me just as much as last time. :3

6qQGpXi.jpg

Maybe I'm completely wrong about the logic behind it, or they heard about Venom back on their home planet and they dig the style.

Everything I wanted and then some!

Seems like a specific event will trigger Civil War, I'm guessing Ultron kills someone or someone dies as a result of Ultron's creation

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Doctor Strange, Inhumans and Captain Marvel logos are all excellent. Black Panther is good but kind of "blockbuster" ish. I also think I prefer the Phase 1 font for Thor.
That Daredevil logo is fantastic.

Black Panther would be better without the random lens flares.

Skab

So Captain Marvel and Inhumans both come out after Infinity War part 1. I wonder what that means for their plots?

Doctor Strange, Inhumans and Captain Marvel logos are all excellent. Black Panther is good but kind of "blockbuster" ish. I also think I prefer the Phase 1 font for Thor.
That Daredevil logo is fantastic.

The four new-franchise logos are all ripped almost directly from comics featuring those characters. Doubt any of them are final (the SDCC 2012 GotG logo was also almost a straight lift from the 2008 series).

a916

Can we update the OP with Comics for each of the new movies that people can recommend for further reading?

Like I know nothing about Black Panther and would love to read up on him.

Jonogunn

Did the fandom for Loki stem from just the avengers or did it start from Thor?

Rewatching Thor again and his character was definitely not quite the same as how he was in avengers. So I assume it wasn't t the avengers where everyone fell I. Love with him.

Everything I wanted and then some!

Seems like a specific event will trigger Civil War, I'm guessing Ultron kills someone or someone dies as a result of Ultron's creation

Especially since Civil War is the only Earth-set sequel in all of Phase 3, I'm thinking something goes down that both triggers the Civil War and sends Thor back to Asgard.

Also, very curious as to why they aren't revealing the Guardians 2 subtitle yet.
So Captain Marvel and Inhumans both come out after Infinity War part 1. I wonder what that means for their plots?
My guess is that perhaps something that happens in Infinity War Part 1 triggers Terrigenesis (and gives Captain Marvel her powers).

The thing I'm especially curious about is figuring out which three films are going to reveal the remaining Infinity Stones, *presumably* before part 1 of The Infinity War. Doctor Strange is basically a lock for one of them, but Captain America, Thor, and Guardians have already performed their heavy lifting as far as that's concerned.

Oh, and color me curious about how they're going to handle the Bucky stuff. If they weren't planning on following up on that, there's no way Feige would have allowed the ending that Cap 2 has.

shield

Oh, and color me curious about how they're going to handle the Bucky stuff. If they weren't planning on following up on that, there's no way Feige would have allowed the ending that Cap 2 has.

Guessing they'll relocate Bucky by the end of the first act, and Steve and Tony will disagree on what to do with him. Cap will probably want to redeem him, while Tony will be all pissy because he assassinated his parents

Guessing they'll relocate Bucky by the end of the first act, and Steve and Tony will disagree on what to do with him. Cap will probably want to redeem him, while Tony will be all pissy because he assassinated his parents

Ooooh, very good call. That's actually a perfectly sensible way to draw Bucky into whatever the broader conflict is. And I'd rather see Civil War be about interpersonal conflict than about terribad allegory.

Question: Has there ever been an Avengers team without Cap, Iron Man, and Thor?
I ask because it seems like Marvel is only doing a trilogy for those three memebers and it's uncertain if they'll still be a part of the team in Phase 4.

Question: Has there ever been an Avengers team without Cap, Iron Man, and Thor?
I ask because it seems like Marvel is only doing a trilogy for those three memebers and it's uncertain if they'll still be a part of the team in Phase 4.

Generally there have been modifiers (like West Coast Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Secret Avengers) applied to the name.
Teaser confirms Loki's staff has an infinity stone?
Ehhh, still doubt it given that we've already got a known blue one and it's entirely plausible that the staff is just powered by the Tesseract.

If anything I find it weirder that the teaser only seems to show five Stones (I can't see one on the thumb knuckle of the Gauntlet where it ought to be).

So there's a chance we might get Mighty Avengers or New Avengers for Phase 4?

Maybe Secret Avengers (in name only) if Marvel wants to build up to Secret Wars.

So there's a chance we might get Mighty Avengers or New Avengers for Phase 4?

Maybe Secret Avengers (in name only) if Marvel wants to build up to Secret Wars.

Secret Avengers and Secret Wars have very little to do with each other.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier was already kinda a smaller-scale Secret Avengers flick; I'd love to see him add maybe Quicksilver, War Machine, Hawkeye, and Winter Soldier to the team in Civil War.

sol_bad

For some reason I felt the need to vent about something that annoys me. Chances are this post won't be seen but maybe it will spark some discussion.

I have seen people time and time again saying they dislike the idea of the MCU because it takes away any sense of danger. They say that because it's any ever expanding, never ending movie franchise they know the heroes won't ever die and that's why the sense of danger is lost.

I do not understand this train of thought at all. Whether it's a one-off film, a trilogy or a universe we already KNOW the hero isn't going to die. Can anyone think of a super hero movie where the main hero dies? Did anyone think Batman would die at the end of Nolen's trilogy?

Does anyone else get annoyed when people say this or am I the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom