• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Hydra leaked the trailer, so Marvel released the official version.

That trailer showed off Ulysses Klaw....
so maybe Marvel is just gonna take it upon themselves to announce Black Panther on Tuesday, since the extra footage they show will reveal it as well?

jmood88

Well, Hydra leaked the trailer, so Marvel released the official version.

That trailer showed off Ulysses Klaw....
so maybe Marvel is just gonna take it upon themselves to announce Black Panther on Tuesday, since the extra footage they show will reveal it as well?

Has anyone seen Chadwick Boseman lately?

TEJ

Calling it now. The time space continuum is distorted, and guardians of the galaxy gets a Wonderful 101%
UNITE MAHVEL
on RT and outgrosses the winter soldier and even makes it close to 800 million worldwide

at least one of my crazy ass predictions came true

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
If Marvel Studios regains the Spider-Man rights, they can introduce the alien symbiote through the Guardians of the Galaxy.

xpUrTAO.jpg

TDLink

Things the event could possibly be about in order of least huge to most huge:
  • Age of Ultron press event with new details/footage shown
  • Actor for Doctor Strange announced/Doctor Strange info blowout
  • Captain America 3 rumours confirmed and film officially titled/info blowout
  • First 2017 movie announced and info given
  • Multiple future untitled films announced/confirmed as specific things
  • Spider-Man rights partially reacquired and Spidey thus confirmed for Cap 3 and/or other future MCU movies.

• Spider-Man rights partially reacquired and Spidey thus confirmed for Cap 3 and/or other future MCU movies.

The points I bolded are the ones I think might happen. I could see Disney buying spiderman though. it would be totally worth it. I think they should finish the ASM run at sony then Marvel can take over and put him in the next avengers

I think there will be a female led movie announced. Whether Black Widow or Captain Marvel or something else, they won't let DC get the leg up on this one.

Pachimari

I hope it's an actor announced for Dr Strange. Or even give me a Black Panther announcement.

Black Widow movie would do as well.

But honestly, I don't think it's more than an Avengers: Age of Ultron blowout.

S1kkZ

i expect:

- they delay ant-man 6 months ( the current schedule is way too optimistic, they just started shooting...)
- they split ultron into 2 films and add more stuff with re-shoots, which lead into civil war /bp
(i hope not)

Anth0ny

The points I bolded are the ones I think might happen. I could see Disney buying spiderman though. it would be totally worth it. I think they should finish the ASM run at sony then Marvel can take over and put him in the next avengers

Same.

Too soon after ASM2 for such a megaton, honestly. I also feel like they'd be hyping this event like CRAZY if they had such a huge announcement.

TEJ

Has this been mentioned? I know it's not a canonical part of the MCU

but big hero 6 is confirmed to have a post credits stinger and references to various marvel characters.

IHaveIce

Banned
i expect:

- they delay ant-man 6 months ( the current schedule is way too optimistic, they just started shooting...)
- they split ultron into 2 films and add more stuff with re-shoots, which lead into civil war /bp
(i hope not)
The first one is a really good bet. I also doubt it will release on schedule.

J10

Banned
(i hope not)

You can't split a film in two without renegotiating contracts for everybody involved. They would need to get paid for two films.

jmood88

If it's about a movie(s) and not the Spider-Man thing, then I can't imagine that it would have anything to do with Age of Ultron. They already know that everyone will go see it and there's no real reason for them to force press coverage when they put out a trailer and every movie website is going over it second by second.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i expect:

(i hope not)
There's no way that last point is happening. And I don't think they'd schedule such an event just for AoU. This likely has to do with putting their movie schedule ("dating" them) out there to not get muzzled by DC.

Same.

Too soon after ASM2 for such a megaton, honestly. I also feel like they'd be hyping this event like CRAZY if they had such a huge announcement.
News speaks for itself TBH. I still think the Spidey rumour is BS.

mreddie

i expect:

(i hope not)

Nope and nope. Marvel going full steam on Antman makes sense. I think GOTG was still in production this time last year albeit it was almost done.

I think it's too soon for Spidey to come back. Let Sony Sony it some more and get it at a lower price in a few years.

Probably confirming that Variety report from a few weeks ago? I wouldn't be shocked if they announce Avengers 3 as a two-parter.

Pachimari

I don't think they'll announce Avengers 3, with other Phase 3 films having not been announced yet. How many Phase 3 films do we expect anyway?

Ant-Man, Captain America 3, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Captain Marvel?

Dai101

Banned

ASm is finished. Way finished.

Has this been mentioned? I know it's not a canonical part of the MCU

but big hero 6 is confirmed to have a post credits stinger and references to various marvel characters.

I can totally see Power Pack being the next Marvel Disney film with Big Hero 6 being a test run. A separate animated film universe would be really neat.

As for the event on Tuesday, I'm going to imagine it'll likely be an official Doctor Strange casting announcement and maybe a Black Panther announcement. Maybe others too as a "counter strike" to all those DC film announcements.

Pachimari

I can't picture him as Strange and the Dr Strange movie is my most awaited.

Unfortunately to me, he doesn't look anything like Strange, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom