• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

Ehhh, still doubt it given that we've already got a known blue one and it's entirely plausible that the staff is just powered by the Tesseract.

If anything I find it weirder that the teaser only seems to show five Stones (I can't see one on the thumb knuckle of the Gauntlet where it ought to be).

They've probably just ret-conned the staff into being an Infinity Gem. It's been pretty damn lackluster compared to the other 3 gems/stones but now they only have to introduce 2 more (likely in Doctor Strange and Guardians 2) and it gives them an excuse to bring Thanos back to Earth.

jmood88

Did the fandom for Loki stem from just the avengers or did it start from Thor?

Rewatching Thor again and his character was definitely not quite the same as how he was in avengers. So I assume it wasn't t the avengers where everyone fell I. Love with him.

I was just thinking about that cause I remember while watching Thor I thought he was just a generic British guy. He definitely didn't seem like anything special.

For some reason I felt the need to vent about something that annoys me. Chances are this post won't be seen but maybe it will spark some discussion.

I have seen people time and time again saying they dislike the idea of the MCU because it takes away any sense of danger. They say that because it's any ever expanding, never ending movie franchise they know the heroes won't ever die and that's why the sense of danger is lost.

I do not understand this train of thought at all. Whether it's a one-off film, a trilogy or a universe we already KNOW the hero isn't going to die. Can anyone think of a super hero movie where the main hero dies? Did anyone think Batman would die at the end of Nolen's trilogy?

Does anyone else get annoyed when people say this or am I the only one?

Do any of them read comics at all?
If they do, then they should expect the heroes in the MCU to live, at least the main ones.

I get annoyed by it because death is such a easy, cliche way of creating tension.
Sense of danger also doesn't only apply to the main hero.

Uncle

If anything I find it weirder that the teaser only seems to show five Stones (I can't see one on the thumb knuckle of the Gauntlet where it ought to be).

There is a stone on the thumb, it just doesn't show it in some pictures because of the angle or somebody's head.

Do any of them read comics at all?
If they do, then they should expect the heroes in the MCU to live, at least the main ones.

I get annoyed by it because death is such a easy, cliche way of creating tension.
Sense of danger also doesn't only apply to the main hero.

It's the worst, that kind of moviegoer. Crazy Plot twists and characters dying appears to be the only way they can appreciate a story.

My Ultron jack-o-lantern ready for tomorrow night. I expect it to become self aware and wipe out all trick or treaters before the night ends.

aOc5Ine.jpg

For some reason I felt the need to vent about something that annoys me. Chances are this post won't be seen but maybe it will spark some discussion.

I have seen people time and time again saying they dislike the idea of the MCU because it takes away any sense of danger. They say that because it's any ever expanding, never ending movie franchise they know the heroes won't ever die and that's why the sense of danger is lost.

I do not understand this train of thought at all. Whether it's a one-off film, a trilogy or a universe we already KNOW the hero isn't going to die. Can anyone think of a super hero movie where the main hero dies? Did anyone think Batman would die at the end of Nolen's trilogy?

Does anyone else get annoyed when people say this or am I the only one?

Spawn. Right at the start even!

:p

I agree with everything in your post.

That and nit-picking elements that are easily solvable with a bit of imagination.

duckroll

I was just wondering... did we ever find out what the story was with the composer of Thor The Dark World? I think Alan Taylor wanted to bring someone else on board, but Marvel veto'ed it or something, and got their own composer? Do we know why? Are there specific rumors about it?

I was just wondering... did we ever find out what the story was with the composer of Thor The Dark World? I think Alan Taylor wanted to bring someone else on board, but Marvel veto'ed it or something, and got their own composer? Do we know why? Are there specific rumors about it?

This was taken from Slashfilm:

We had this fallout, Marvel and I, with our composer, because I wanted to use a guy who I think is a world class genius and we had him. Then Marvel parted ways with him and that was not great. That thing flourished online into this rumor that was negative and it was the first time I thought, “So far it’s been ‘Oh, Game of Thrones! It’s going to be crazy.’ I could totally screw it up,” and now all of a sudden it was “He’s going to be fired from directing the movie.” I was like “Really?” So you know, I imagine if there was a lot of that, like if you were Ben Affleck, then it would really wear you down, but so far that wacky rumor and most of the rest have been sort of… I’m surprised how enthusiastic… the Blogosphere wants it to be good. They want it to do well. There’s hoping you don’t screw it up, so in that way it’s mostly feeling positive.
http://www.slashfilm.com/film-interview-thor-the-dark-world-director-alan-taylor/

duckroll

I want to know how the hell they decided to dump Carter Burwell for fucking Brian Tyler

Yeah, it's really baffling. I know that Marvel disagreed with the choice, but what I would like to know is why. I wonder if the truth will ever come out. Was it just about money?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Am I alone when one of my biggest concerns about Age of Ultron is that I dont think that the The Avengers Theme is about to return?

Fixed that for you.

Haha truth :)

Am I alone when one of my biggest concerns about Age of Ultron is that I dont think that the The Avengers Theme is about to return?

I think it will. Marvel apparently blasted it a lot during their event last week so they haven't forgotten about it at least.

I thought they'd forget about Cap's Theme from The First Avenger, but we got a little hint of that here and there in The Winter Soldier which was nice.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I thought they'd forget about Cap's Theme from The First Avenger, but we got a little hint of that here and there in The Winter Soldier which was nice.

The Cap Theme is perfectly fitting for him
I was a little bit bummed when they didnt used the track for him when he appeared the first time In-Costume in the Stuttgart Scene in The Avengers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq88OfYENEk

Tonys Appearence with AC/DC was so perfect, it was the first I went almost nuts back then in the cinema :D

I hope they going to make Signature Tracks for Age of Ultron. Like Shoot to Kill for Iron Mans first moves, the Captain America Theme when Steve appears and something like this.

So...Black Panther has to be the Age of Ultron stinger, right?

Easter eggs all over the movie
He's in Civil War
He's freaking cast

Probably more than just the stinger.

It's pretty obvious at this point that Ulysses Klaw is in the film. Feige said that the first time we see Black Panther IN COSTUME (he used those words pretty deliberately) will be in Civil War. That means T'Challa, before he becomes Black Panther and puts the suit on, will probably be in Age of Ultron.

If he does end up getting that kind of attention in the movie I can see them using the stinger for something like Ant-Man or Doctor Strange. Or Civil War.

It's pretty obvious at this point that Ulysses Klaw is in the film. Feige said that the first time we see Black Panther IN COSTUME (he used those words pretty deliberately) will be in Civil War. That means T'Challa, before he becomes Black Panther and puts the suit on, will probably be in Age of Ultron.

If he does end up getting that kind of attention in the movie I can see them using the stinger for something like Ant-Man or Doctor Strange. Or Civil War.

Could be, especially since T'Challa figures to play a big role in Captain America Civil War.

Yeah, Serkis clearly being Klaw means we're getting some Black Panther set up here for certain. I just don't know if it's in the stinger or if he's there in Wakanda.

Pai makes sense though; Feige was pretty definitive about IN COSTUME there. So I'm guessing he's in it in a cameo now.

inky

I'm dumb. I just realized Cap CW is going against BvS.

Having it happen immediately after AoU and having RDJ and Black Panther in it looks more and more like the genius move it is. I feel dumb for not realizing it sooner.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I'm dumb. I just realized Cap CW is going against BvS.

Having it happen immediately after AoU and having RDJ and Black Panther in it looks more and more like the genius move it is. I feel dumb for not realizing it sooner.

Cap 3 and BvS were going to open on the same day, but DC blinked and moved their release date earlier.

Are you guys thinking that maybe T'Chaka dies in AoU when Ultron comes a knock'n for that Vibranium upgrade. This is obviously the event that gets Wakanda to involve itself in outside affairs, as outside affairs just involved Wakanda.

Klaw leads Ultron to the promise land, and events go south for the Leader of the nation, and infront of his son, who then takes the helm at the end of the movie. Next to be seen in full costume in CA:CW.

Hints about doctor strange plot?

marvel_graphic_novel_%2323_p30.jpg

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Do...ssive-Hint-About-Marvel-Movie-Plot-68018.html

In addition to being a beautiful piece of Doctor Strange art that could very well end up influencing the film's aesthetic, this illustration's origins may provide a hint about the source material being used. The image comes from Doctor Strange: Into Shamballa, a graphic novel by J.M. DeMatteis and Dan Green that was first published in 1986. The story begins with Strange visiting the home of the Ancient One twenty years after the sorcerer taught him in the ways of magic. Discovering an artifact that has been left as a gift for him, he brings it back home for study - and winds up opening communication with beings of a higher reality known as the Lords of Shamballa. An opportunity is introduced that would allow humanity to reach another level and enter a golden age, but, of course, an enormous sacrifice would have to be made in order for it to happen.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Man, she's a phenomenal actress. That would be a great win for Marvel if they could lock her down for something good.

duckroll

Yeah definitely. I'm actually expecting to see T'Chaka in costume in the movie. Maybe Ultron kills him?

I'm not so sure about this. One thing about the MCU as it is, is that they're trying really hard to create the impression that this superhero world has always been ongoing even if we don't see every aspect of it at once. I think it makes more sense to have T'Challa already leading Wakanda as Black Panther today, rather than his "origin" being part of Age of Ultron. If they do show T'Chaka, it makes more sense as a flashback in Black Panther imo.

Wakanda and Viberium will definitely factor into AoU, but I don't think it also needs to be a stealth origin for BP. Klaw and T'Challa should already be enemies at this point, and BP should already have been active for years, just isolated from the affairs of the world. That would make it more believable for him to be part of Civil War too, rather than as a new BP who just took up the identity.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Shots fired by Christopher Nolan

“The Batman movies – that take, that tone – came out of nowhere,” said director Zack Snyder, who first met Nolan on a Warner Bros plane heading to a film industry convention in Las Vegas and leapt at the chance to direct a similarly toned Superman reboot, Man Of Steel – for which he studied, at Nolan’s request, test footage from White Sands, New Mexico, to get a sense of how objects behave at high velocity. When the studio asked if Snyder would add a comedy coda ending, in the style of Marvel, Nolan’s reply was “A real movie wouldn’t do that.”

Ray-J-Stare-VH1-For-the-Love-of-Ray-J.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Chastain would be absolutely perfect in purple spandex as Medusa. Just the right mix of physical presence and hieratical charisma.

I'm not so sure about this. One thing about the MCU as it is, is that they're trying really hard to create the impression that this superhero world has always been ongoing even if we don't see every aspect of it at once. I think it makes more sense to have T'Challa already leading Wakanda as Black Panther today, rather than his "origin" being part of Age of Ultron. If they do show T'Chaka, it makes more sense as a flashback in Black Panther imo.

Wakanda and Viberium will definitely factor into AoU, but I don't think it also needs to be a stealth origin for BP. Klaw and T'Challa should already be enemies at this point, and BP should already have been active for years, just isolated from the affairs of the world. That would make it more believable for him to be part of Civil War too, rather than as a new BP who just took up the identity.

Yeah this would work too. As long as they emphasize why and how T'Challa became Black Panther (whether through exposition or a flashback later in his solo movie) I think it will work. You can't throw the kitchen sink into these movies anyhow, but I think they need to at least have the audience understand that history of the Black Panthers and what happened with his father.

Even if Marvel says they aren't always going to do full-on origin stories it's still important to understand the how and why, and we have a lot of new characters in Phase 3 with very different origins. While Doctor Strange is more similar to Tony Stark, Black Panther's origin is pretty different from what we've seen before, and that "I must avenge my father and protect my people" thing is surely going to catch fire with people if they play it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom