• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

The question is: what will they do with Hulk in space if he doesn't show up in Guardians 2? Which other film could he return in? It would be disappointing if he just don't see him again until Infinity War.

Why is it a given that Hulk is going to space?

eastx

Why is it a given that Hulk is going to space?

That's what Devin from BAD and other insiders who have read the script, etc. have reported. Him going to space is not the same as Planet Hulk or a Guardians 2 crossover happening (which are much less solid rumors than material being in the shooting script).

Why would Hulk be in space to begin with?

Well if they are playing up the Banner-Stark rivalry, it's a logical thing that could happen next. But I don't think it will. Especially when Feige has already said that Hulk will appear in multiple Phase 3 films, and that obviously can't happen if he's dicking around on Sakaar.

duckroll

If he does get shot into space in Age of Ultron, then I think it will merely serve as an excuse for him not to be in Civil War, to keep the costs down. Which means... he might be a part of Ragnarok?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah, Daniel Brühl, one of my favorite german actors and famous because if his role in Goodbye Lenin and Inglorious Basterds is confirmed for Captain Americ: Civil War :D

(He is probably being cast as an Hydra Soldier or something like this)

Anth0ny

I don't get the Russos taking over Avengers rumors. Does Whedon not want to keep directing them or something?

I'd like it if Whedon stuck around for the two Infinity War films, at least.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I don't get the Russos taking over Avengers rumors. Does Whedon not want to keep directing them or something?

I'd like it if Whedon stuck around for the two Infinity War films, at least.

Whedon's contract ends after Age of Ultron.

Anth0ny

Whedon's contract ends after Age of Ultron.

huh.

so he directs the third highest grossing film of all time (the success of which resulted in Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2 and Guardians doing crazy numbers as well)

the sequel which will probably do even more

and they aren't going to bring him back?

huh.

so he directs the third highest grossing film of all time (the success of which resulted in Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2 and Guardians doing crazy numbers as well)

Or he doesn't want to come back.

I see him staying on as an advisor or producer. Maybe let him write Infinity War or something. He may not like the pressure of huge budget filmmaking.

If Bucky doesn't come back in AoU or Civil War it's gonna feel really weird. Captain America movies are gonna become the main MCU source of oddly dangling plot threads.

That's way more likely to happen in AoU given that they're totally pulling a Chekhov's Gun with it.

No! I wont have it unless it is against Thanos!

Oh, who am I kidding. I just want to see Cap pick it up and wreck everything, no matter what. But we all know that it would be a bigger moment against Thanos.

DieH@rd

Banned
huh.

He had rough time on AoU set [had to operate on his leg smack in the middle of the production]. He said that he is very happy that he has no work commitments after AoU is done.

If Bucky doesn't come back in AoU or Civil War it's gonna feel really weird. Captain America movies are gonna become the main MCU source of oddly dangling plot threads.

Bucky will definitely be back. The Winter Soldier movie really only covered half that arc and even if they don't kill Steve (which I TRULY do not think they will do) he'll still have a big part to play.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
The official Phase 3 timeline:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/534435958062456832

B2qyrAMCQAAWFY-.jpg

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Planet Hulk isn't happening, and he won't be in Guardians 2. Keep expectations in check. :p
If he gets shot into space, I guess that at least he'll appear in a post credit scene in GotG2/Ragnarok/Marvel.
Big "if" though.

That's the wrong one:
B2rT8laCcAEJDQu.jpg:large

New Interview with James Gunn focusing on GotG 2:

http://collider.com/guardians-of-th...erview/#ooid=VjbWJvcTpmOhTr0Yhdy27kqk0K47d4mU

Jack Flag confirmed not in the movie
What??
Nooooo :(

Just confirm Mantis pls

Pachimari

How many other outcasts are there in the Guardians of the Galaxy comics? Any of them who have a high chance of showing up in the movie?

TDLink

How many other outcasts are there in the Guardians of the Galaxy comics? Any of them who have a high chance of showing up in the movie?

The main ones from the Abnett/Lanning run who weren't main members in the first movie:

• Mantis
    [*]Adam Warlock
    [*]Cosmo
    ^
  • Phlya-Vell (Quasar)
  • Jack Flag*
  • Bug**
  • Moondragon
  • Vance Astro (Major Victory)

I've bolded the ones I think are likely to show up in GotG 2.

^Cameo in the first movie and the only Guardian to get a big focus in the upcoming animated series and Disney Infinity who was not one of the mains in the movie
*Confirmed to not appear in GotG 2
**Originally planned for GotG 1 until they discovered they did not have the rights to the character

Marvel almost certainly will want to introduce Adam Warlock prior to Infinity War.

Still think the fact that GotG2's subtitle is being kept a secret is an indicator that it's gonna be tied to the consequences of one of the films between now and then.

J10

Banned
Of course it is. James Gunn's insistence that he's not beholden to the big picture is a load of bullshit. They won't tie his hands completely, but it'll still have hooks that connect to the other movies. The only thing that's kind of weird is the order of the movies - I wouldn't expect Black Panther to lead into Infinity War I.

Bautista was reported as signed on for that one. I bet Gamora shows up as well.

Of course it is. James Gunn's insistence that he's not beholden to the big picture is a load of bullshit. They won't tie his hands completely, but it'll still have hooks that connect to the other movies. The only thing that's kind of weird is the order of the movies - I wouldn't expect Black Panther to lead into Infinity War I.

Bautista was reported as signed on for that one. I bet Gamora shows up as well.

If Infinity War part 1 occurs largely among the cosmic/Asgardian side of things, then it'll effectively be occurring quite separately from Black Panther (kinda like how CA:TWS is the lead-in for Avengers:AoU even though GotG occurs between them). Rumors still kinda have it that they're saving the Earth-side part of all that stuff for Infinity War part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom