• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned

giphy.gif

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Cinema is an art form, and thus all movies are "real movies", there is no distinction. It's as stupid as saying that some music genres are not "real music".

duckroll

Which part of what he said was right?

Putting stingers and gags after the credits is something serialized mediums use to play along with series fans for fun. A serious film with a self-important tone engineered by an auteur who has no real understanding of human emotions would never catch himself using tools such these these!

Putting stingers and gags after the credits is something serialized mediums use to play along with series fans for fun. A serious film with a self-important tone engineered by an auteur who has no real understanding of human emotions would never catch himself using tools such these these!

td3R9.gif

eastx

You said it. :)

TEJ

Who here is buying the early digital version of guardians of the galaxy? I should probably just wait and be patient for the blu ray but i REALLY want to watch the movie again.

Pachimari

Yep. 9.12. when I recall correctly. Europe one month later.

Wait. The digital version is out on December 12 in America and one month later in Europe?

Here where I am (Denmark), Guardians of the Galaxy comes out on Blu-ray on December 4.

I thought the digital version were supposed to hit this month?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I might. When is it out again? December-ish?
The Blu Ray is December, the digital edition is November 18 (at least according to Vudu)

duckroll

Looking at Phase 3, I think Marvel is actually out to do something really ambitious commercially. In the first two Phases of the MCU, the individual films were pretty low-key and while they built up and teased the big "event" at the end, the event movies were still Avengers. But now....

2015 - Age of Ultron
2016 - Civil War
2017 - Ragnarok
2018 - Infinity War Pt1
2019 - Infinity War Pt2

It looks like they want to have an event movie every annually for the next 5 years. Even though Civil War is "Captain America 3" and Ragnarok is "Thor 3", I have the feeling that they will feel much more like full crossover event movies than previous individual Marvel films. I wonder if this will work out for them, in a huge way, or if it will start to dilute the special feeling of Avengers by the time Infinity War rolls around. Definitely interesting though.

TDLink

Looking at Phase 3, I think Marvel is actually out to do something really ambitious commercially. In the first two Phases of the MCU, the individual films were pretty low-key and while they built up and teased the big "event" at the end, the event movies were still Avengers. But now....

2015 - Age of Ultron
2016 - Civil War
2017 - Ragnarok
2018 - Infinity War Pt1
2019 - Infinity War Pt2

It looks like they want to have an event movie every annually for the next 5 years. Even though Civil War is "Captain America 3" and Ragnarok is "Thor 3", I have the feeling that they will feel much more like full crossover event movies than previous individual Marvel films. I wonder if this will work out for them, in a huge way, or if it will start to dilute the special feeling of Avengers by the time Infinity War rolls around. Definitely interesting though.

I agree about the big event thing but I don't see it diluting The Avengers for a few reasons.
  1. Civil War features multiple Avengers characters but is still 2 years removed from Infinity War and does not feature Thor
  2. Ragnarok will be a big event but shouldn't feature the other Avengers so it won't really scratch the itch people might have for other Avengers...and Thor will not have been in Civil War the previous year which means people will be wanting to see him
  3. Even if people were starting to get tired of events...Infinity War is going to be even bigger than just having the current roster of Avengers. There will be a ton of new ones by then plus the GotG and likely the Netflix Defenders as well
  4. People won't be tired out for Infinity War Pt 2 either because they will want to see the conclusion to the story started in Pt 1

So really, just some good planning by Marvel to avoid that potential fatigue.

If Ragnarok doesn't have Thor flying off to fight Surtur + Thanos & Odin battering each other in Asgard I'll be disappointed.

I just want Thanos murdering the shit outta Loki. That's really all I'm asking from that movie because it should be pretty damn solid otherwise with Yost writing.

X05

2015 - Age of Ultron
2016 - Civil War
2017 - GotG2
2018 - Infinity War Pt1
2019 - Infinity War Pt2

FTFY :p
Also it'll probably stop all the annoying "Where are the other Avengers?" questions that pop up in every solo movie.

exYle

FTFY :p
Also it'll probably stop all the annoying "Where are the other Avengers?" questions that pop up in every solo movie.

Ragnarok is much more likely to be a crazy, universe-changing movie that affects the MCU going forward than GOTG2 is, despite how good the first one is in comparison with the two Thor movies

Experien

Did someone from the film say they are going back to WWII? I don't understand what from the trailer conveys this and why people are thinking it.

duckroll

Did someone from the film say they are going back to WWII? I don't understand what from the trailer conveys this and why people are thinking it.

I think that
set reports indicate that there are some scenes from WW2, possibly flashbacks or illusions involving Captain America. Could be something to do with The Vision?

Experien

I think that
set reports indicate that there are some scenes from WW2, possibly flashbacks or illusions involving Captain America. Could be something to do with The Vision?

Hmmm...I wonder if just the basement of the old temple in the trailer is just the WW2 like environment people have mentioned? But if it came from set reports than I am satisfied.

Ragnarok is much more likely to be a crazy, universe-changing movie that affects the MCU going forward than GOTG2 is, despite how good the first one is in comparison with the two Thor movies

Well, that's hard to say. They're concealing the GOTG2 subtitle (and logo) for now even though the full titles for the rest of the Phase 3 films have been revealed, so... there's something they're keeping under wraps. It's possible that GOTG2 will deal with the fallout from Avengers 2 in some fashion that they can't talk about without spoiling AoU (the obvious candidates here would be either Annihilation: Conquest or Planet Hulk).

Or GotG 2 deals with the fallout of some *other* film that comes out between now and then - but Ant-Man, Civil War, and Doctor Strange seem much less likely candidates to me than AoU does.

rexor0717

Well, that's hard to say. They're concealing the GOTG2 subtitle (and logo) for now even though the full titles for the rest of the films have been revealed, so... there's something they're keeping under wraps. It's possible that GOTG2 will deal with the fallout from Avengers 2 in some fashion that they can't talk about without spoiling AoU (the obvious candidates here would be either Annihilation: Conquest or Planet Hulk).

I think so, because I recall them talking vaguely that there are some big things happening for the Hulk in A2.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
James Gunn talks about GOTG 2:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1996245/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-avengers-3/

How much freedom do you have for “Guardians 2″ when the future of the Marvel Universe is planned out two years beyond it?

I don’t feel beholden to that stuff at all. I think it’s really about the Guardians and what they are doing. We’re not subservient to the Avengers. “Guardians 2″ is not a movie that’s made to move toward “Infinity War.” It’s something that’s made to move toward future cosmic movies, so I don’t feel that that is something that affects me that much.

TDLink

I think so, because I recall them talking vaguely that there are some big things happening for the Hulk in A2.

Yeah, Gunn has said before that Hulk won't be in GotG 2. And I believe him. Everything he and Feige have said time and again has indicated that they want to keep GotG as separate from the other stuff as possible during their own movies. The GotG doesn't need The Avengers.

Anth0ny

I think GOTG 2: Planet Hulk could work so fucking well.

But yeah, Gunn already said it's not happening. Hulk would kinda become that star of a Guardians movie, and that's not cool.

planet_hulk__gladiato3sut9.jpg

Seriously though how easily can you slot the Guardians in there >_<

maybe phase 4 >_<

I expected as much. I think it's a given that the Guardians will appear in at least one of the Infinity Wars films, but it's not something that's going to need a lot of set-up in their next "solo" outing.

It's smart to use the opportunity to continue expanding the cosmic universe instead of having to tie everything closely to The Avengers and Earth. Basically, do the exact opposite of what Marvel is doing right now with Bendis' GOTG.

eastx

The question is: what will they do with Hulk in space if he doesn't show up in Guardians 2? Which other film could he return in? It would be disappointing if he just don't see him again until Infinity War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom