• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Of course it is. James Gunn's insistence that he's not beholden to the big picture is a load of bullshit. They won't tie his hands completely, but it'll still have hooks that connect to the other movies. The only thing that's kind of weird is the order of the movies - I wouldn't expect Black Panther to lead into Infinity War I.

Bautista was reported as signed on for that one. I bet Gamora shows up as well.

I'm sure there will be some links to Infinity War but I'm not entirely sure Gunn is bullshitting. Not every movie needs to connect to the big event at the end. Personally I would be surprised if it doesn't since Thanos is a big part of cosmic Marvel and many of the characters already introduced in GotG. That said, I could still see Gunn having a lot of leeway. It's not like every single part of every movie in Phase 1 and 2 led up to the respective Avengers films. I mean, as far as we can tell IM3 and TDW are only barely linked to Age of Ultron.

I still kinda think there's an outside shot at a loose adaptation of Annihilation: Conquest in GotG2.

I agree that it's possible and it could be the reason they haven't revealed the subtitle. I doubt Civil War is going to directly affect the GOTG but Ultron being defeated by the Avengers could definitely have wider repercussions.

Didn't want to drag up the Captain Marvel thread but some.. interesting news that concerns fan-desired casting of Katee Sackhoff.

Per Cornballer in the Cancellation Thread, Netflix has saved Longmire and ordered a 10 episode 4th Season.

Katee's current contract for the show only covers through the 4th season but if Netflix opts to continue with the show past that, that could possibly effect her availability if she chose to stay on.

TDLink

Didn't want to drag up the Captain Marvel thread but some.. interesting news that concerns fan-desired casting of Katee Sackhoff.

Per Cornballer in the Cancellation Thread, Netflix has saved Longmire and ordered a 10 episode 4th Season.

Katee's current contract for the show only covers through the 4th season but if Netflix opts to continue with the show past that, that could possibly effect her availability if she chose to stay on.

The movie is years away, I don't think that's something to worry about at this point. Honestly though she is a bit too old for the role at this point anyways. I get that she's the fan frontrunner but that's just the reality of the situation.

The movie is years away, I don't think that's something to worry about at this point. Honestly though she is a bit too old for the role at this point anyways. I get that she's the fan frontrunner but that's just the reality of the situation.

All valid points but being that she is the fan front-runner, I thought some might be interested in the news.

Pachimari

It would be interesting to hear which upcoming Marvel movie people is most excited about if we don't count the Infinity War movies? Like a top 3.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

Marvel and Netflix are bros plus Carol should appear in JJ, and that is a Netflix production. Hmm...

BLACKLAC

It would be interesting to hear which upcoming Marvel movie people is most excited about if we don't count the Infinity War movies? Like a top 3.

Phase 3 only?

Black Panther
CIVIL WAR
Captain Marvel

I'm more excited for every upcoming MCU film than I am for any upcoming blockbusters coming out of Hollywood though.

rexor0717

I'm most excited for Civil War. After Winter Solider, Cap is my favorite character in the MCU, Falcon is my favorite supporting character too. Plus Winter Soldier was just a great movie, so I look forward to seeing some of those storylines continue.

Ive liked both of the Thor movies, so I'd put Ragnarok at my next most anticipated.

GoTG2 should be a really fun ride, but I'm not as invested in those characters yet. I am wondering who Peter Quill's dad is, so that's one interesting thread they can explore.

TDLink

GotG 2
Civil War
Black Panther

I'm cautiously optimistic about Ragnarok but the existing two Thor movies are pretty mediocre so I'm not as hyped for it as the others.

It would be cool to have the celestials as the antagonist for the next arc, maybe this guy could be a galactus replacement?

NWYCe1Z.png

Ithil

Assuming both survive AOU, and I don't see why they wouldn't, what other films would Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver probably appear in? I don't think they're like the Hulk where they're best being kept to the Avengers films only, they would seem like logical choices for supporting characters in some of the solo films. Doctor Strange for instance.

I mean they'd be natural fits for CA Civil War but that film is probably going to be overstuffed already with Cap, Iron Man, Black Panther etc.

danielcw

Do we know, if Netflix has the rights for the DareDevil show in all countries Netflix is present in? What about countries where there is no Netflix?

danielcw

It's a Netflix show, so it will probably be handled like their other Originals.

I guess so, that's why I asked if Netflix has the rights for the DareDevil show in all countries Netflix is present in?

Because that is not the case for every Netflix original, and its not like Netflix owns them.

Vibranium

Banned
The main ones from the Abnett/Lanning run who weren't main members in the first movie:

• Mantis
    [*]Adam Warlock
    [*]Cosmo
    ^
  • Phlya-Vell (Quasar)
  • Jack Flag*
  • Bug**
  • Moondragon
  • Vance Astro (Major Victory)

I've bolded the ones I think are likely to show up in GotG 2.

^Cameo in the first movie and the only Guardian to get a big focus in the upcoming animated series and Disney Infinity who was not one of the mains in the movie
*Confirmed to not appear in GotG 2
**Originally planned for GotG 1 until they discovered they did not have the rights to the character

Marvel almost certainly will want to introduce Adam Warlock prior to Infinity War.

What about Nova? If James Gunn includes good old Rich Rider I will be insanely happy (I know he's not an outcast technically).

Then it will mean Sam "The Punching Bag" Alexander will be gone and Rich can have his own comic again.

I guess so, that's why I asked if Netflix has the rights for the DareDevil show in all countries Netflix is present in?

Because that is not the case for every Netflix original, and its not like Netflix owns them.

I would assume it will be handled like Hemlock Grove and Orange is the New Black rather than Lillyhammer. I'm not familiar with exactly which originals Netflix doesn't have the exclusive rights to though I know Lillyhammer is originally a show from Norway, so I don't think they have exclusivity with that.

TDLink

What about Nova? If James Gunn includes good old Rich Rider I will be insanely happy (I know he's not an outcast technically).

Then it will mean Sam "The Punching Bag" Alexander will be gone and Rich can have his own comic again.

I'd love to see Richard Rider introduced! He's not one of the Guardians though, more just an ally to them and old friend of Star Lord's. He could still very much be introduced in a GotG movie though, yes.

J10

Banned
Assuming both survive AOU, and I don't see why they wouldn't, what other films would Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver probably appear in? I don't think they're like the Hulk where they're best being kept to the Avengers films only, they would seem like logical choices for supporting characters in some of the solo films. Doctor Strange for instance.

I mean they'd be natural fits for CA Civil War but that film is probably going to be overstuffed already with Cap, Iron Man, Black Panther etc.
Scarlet makes the most sense for avengers and Strange movies. Quicksilver can go kick it with the Inhumans. He's gonna have a baby with one anyway.

duckroll

The best assumption to make is that Netflix owns exclusive distribution in North America, while in any other region it will depend on how interested local networks are in acquiring the series.

J10

Banned
It would be cool to have the celestials as the antagonist for the next arc, maybe this guy could be a galactus replacement?

NWYCe1Z.png

That's possibly Starlord's granddad in the comics - and probably the reason the power gem didn't kill him in the movie if the connection is being implied.

Neoxon

James Gunn isn't a huge fan of Nova as a solo hero, but he does like the Corps. Plus Richie was never actually a member of the Guardians, on top of the strict "No Humans Besides Star-Lord" rule Gunn put in place for the team.

If we're getting Nova (preferably Richie), another director will have to do his solo movie in Phase 4.

I want to see Rider Nova in Guardians 2 mainly for one reason: To see the shit Quill and Rocket are going to give him once they hear his name is dick rider.

Neoxon

I want to see Rider Nova in Guardians 2 mainly for one reason: To see the shit Quill and Rocket are going to give him once they hear his name is dick rider.
Sadly, James Gunn won't let it happen. Richie was removed from the first movie to give Star-Lord more character development.

J10

Banned
So does anyone else think that we'll see Rune Thor in Ragnarok? It was during Ragnarok that comic Thor learned rune magic, right? Maybe this will be a way to allow Thor to power up before the final fight against Thanos?

The runes were already there in the first Thor movie.

7Utdde9.jpg

Problem is they've already skipped over too much Asgardian lore in the movies. Ragnarok doesn't have much action and I feel like it generally wouldn't appeal to the broader MCU audience. Who wants to watch Thor walk around talking to the Odinforce for an hour before tearing his eyes out and hanging himself? I don't expect the movie to resemble the original story much - it's gonna be another Loki failing at being Loki movie, ending with Thanos snapping his neck or something.

Posted this in the Guardians OT, but this thread is more active.

Marvel just revealed some special posters you can order if you buy and register the Bluray (they did this with Avengers and Thor TDW)

2.99 plus shipping

14.99 plus shipping

Or all 4 for 16.99 plus shipping. They all measure 18 x 24

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/11/24/frank-grillo-crossbones-captain-america-civil-war/

Frank Grillo talks about Crossbones in Captain America: Civil War.

“[The Winter Soldier] was only a taste of what’s to come with the next film, and I couldn’t be more humbled and excited,” Grillo said.

In fact, Grillo just recently received a call from Marvel about the third film. “They just kind of called and said, ‘What kind of shape are you in? We’re going to need a body scan,’” Grillo said. “They scan your body so that whatever you wear fits you like a glove.”

But for Grillo, the exciting aspect of Crossbones isn’t what he wears. “He’s a badass,” Grillo said with a smile. “He is just vicious. I like the idea that it’s no holds barred. I was 15 pounds bigger when I did Cap 2, and I’ll put another 15 pounds on to do Cap 3. I love the physicality. It changes the way you look; it changes the way you feel. We all know what Crossbones represents in his world, so when they called me and said we gotta do the body scan, I was like ‘Okay!’”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom