• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I'm guessing Crossbones is going to get some superhuman enhancements from Hydra if he's going to go toe to toe with Cap.

duckroll

Captain America, Winter Soldier, Agent 13, Iron Man, Black Panther, Nick Fury, Crossbones, Unnamed Villain.

Is that all the confirmed characters for Civil War so far?

duckroll

Oh I forgot Falcon. Damn, I feel bad now. I'm not sure if Black Widow and Hawkeye will make an appearance though, since we don't really know their circumstances post-Ultron.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Working under the same company (Netflix) doesn't automatically guarantee co-operation between productions.
I know, let me dream :(

I guess so, that's why I asked if Netflix has the rights for the DareDevil show in all countries Netflix is present in?

Because that is not the case for every Netflix original, and its not like Netflix owns them.
A bit late, but IIRC Netflix has the rights for both their self produced shows and the co-productions as well, but those might have different release schedule and not be labeled as Originals in some markets (like say Derek, which is a Netflix Original everywhere save the UK & Ireland).

Captain America, Winter Soldier, Agent 13, Iron Man, Black Panther, Nick Fury, Crossbones, Unnamed Villain.

I think so, and I'd say that it's likely that Hill, Widow, Hawkguy and (some of) the AoS gang is going to make an appearance.

Have they confirmed Winter Soldier?
I think so, and I'd say that it's likely that Hill, Widow, Hawkguy and (some of) the AoS gang is going to make an appearance.
It's reasonably obvious that all of the Marvel films up through Civil War will have heavy tie-ins with AoS, but I really dunno if anyone besides Coulson is gonna show up in the movies, except perhaps as a background character with one or zero lines.

I wonder, though, how easy it'll be to tie the show into much of the stuff going forward after Civil War.

I'd actually enjoy the show a lot more if it could start to cut loose and get to do its own stuff like (supposedly) GotG will get to do. Wouldn't mind having them go up against the Ten Rings for an entire season, for example, rather than *having* to be fundamentally a promotional tool for e.g. Black Panther or whatever else.

danielcw

A bit late, but IIRC Netflix has the rights for both their self produced shows and the co-productions as well, but those might have different release schedule and not be labeled as Originals in some markets (like say Derek, which is a Netflix Original everywhere save the UK & Ireland).

I just read the press release, it doesn't mention the U.S. or the world in context of the 5 new Marvel series.
It does mention though that the show is produced by ABC studios and Marvel TV, so it is like Agents Of Shield.

So I guess unless some people ask Netflix, we won't know before it airs.

From my current understanding Netflix doesn't really own any of "their" original shows.
Like CBS doesn't own Big Bang Theory for example.

It's reasonably obvious that all of the Marvel films up through Civil War will have heavy tie-ins with AoS, but I really dunno if anyone besides Coulson is gonna show up in the movies, except perhaps as a background character with one or zero lines.

Not sure if Ant-Man will really have that heavy a tie-in (assuming there's an S3, of course), but we'll see.

I'm not sure I'd actually want to see Coulson brought back into the films, for that matter, even though it'd be kinda cool. Given that he died in a film seen by vastly more people than any episode of SHIELD, it's hard to see how any appearance could feel organic to the story and not like a shoehorned-in plug for the TV series. Unless he has a major role that's absolutely essential to the plot, he's better left dead as far as the Avengers are concerned.

Def ready for more Crossbones.

Basically I want everyone from Winter Soldier to be in the next Cap, that whole movie was absolutely stellar, in every aspect.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm not sure I'd actually want to see Coulson brought back into the films, for that matter, even though it'd be kinda cool. Given that he died in a film seen by vastly more people than any episode of SHIELD, it's hard to see how any appearance could feel organic to the story and not like a shoehorned-in plug for the TV series. Unless he has a major role that's absolutely essential to the plot, he's better left dead as far as the Avengers are concerned.
While I agree about Coulson showing up in a movie being weird unless there's some throwaway line foreshadowing his appearance, if none of the AoS characters cross over, that will be a real shame.

duckroll

While I agree about Coulson showing up in a movie being weird unless there's some throwaway line foreshadowing his appearance, if none of the AoS characters cross over, that will be a real shame.

Not a shame at all imo. Terrible show which left a bad taste in my mouth. The MCU should never reference anything from it.

Grillo was easily one of the best parts of Cap 2. Glad to see him coming back to finish the job.

Ehhh I hated him.

He seemed like he was trying to be all top shit and acting bad ass like when he was kicking Falcon's ass and at other parts in the movie.

So glad Cap knocked him the fuck out in that elevator.

Damn, that must be a high bar with all those great superhero shows on TV right now... oh wait.
You don't like any of them? Arrow S2 was awesome (it has faltered a bit in S3) and The Flash has started off strong.

SHIELD is really on another level right now though. I think you should give it another shot. When did you stop watching?

duckroll

You don't like any of them? Arrow S2 was awesome (it has faltered a bit in S3) and The Flash has started off strong.

SHIELD is really on another level right now though. I think you should give it another shot. When did you stop watching?

LOL DC shit on CW. What a high bar! Roflmao. :p

I watched all the way to the end of S1 because people on the thread were like OMG IT'S GETTING BETTER. Nope. It was just more shit. All the way to the end. Crap characters, crap direction, crap writing, crap budget, just non-entertaining garbage.

LOL DC shit on CW. What a high bar! Roflmao. :p

I watched all the way to the end of S1 because people on the thread were like OMG IT'S GETTING BETTER. Nope. It was just more shit. All the way to the end. Crap characters, crap direction, crap writing, crap budget, just non-entertaining garbage.
Well, if you didn't like the last few episodes of S1, then I don't know if any of S2 would change your mind even though I think it has continued to improve. I'd still suggest giving the S2 premiere a watch, it got me hyped and the show hasn't let up since. The characters especially have evolved quite nicely.

As for the CW stuff, I'm not sure if you've watched any of it, but don't let the fact that it's on the CW put you off. It's had its ups and downs, but when it all falls into place (like the latter half of Arrow S2), it's really awesome in my opinion.

duckroll

I've seen some Arrow, it's alright for what it is, but I'm not really a fan of how it's done. No way am I watching Flash though. That guy is a joke... Sorry Flash fans! :(

I dunno, my problem with SHIELD is that the characters are just.... really bad. There's no chemistry among the cast and everything is just so... lame I guess. Garret was the only decent character in all of S1. Everything else just felt like a bad low budget sitcom.

I've seen some Arrow, it's alright for what it is, but I'm not really a fan of how it's done. No way am I watching Flash though. That guy is a joke... Sorry Flash fans! :(

I dunno, my problem with SHIELD is that the characters are just.... really bad. There's no chemistry among the cast and everything is just so... lame I guess. Garret was the only decent character in all of S1. Everything else just felt like a bad low budget sitcom.
Well, I'm not just saying this to convince you, but the character interaction in S2 is what I think is the most improved aspect of the show. I remember feeling the same way during most of S1, that there was no reason really to care about anyone. Then at the end around the Winter Soldier tie-in, there was a glimmer of a spark starting to develop.

Now in season 2, it's like the team has finally found it's grove and you do (at least IMO) start to really develop a kinship with them. They introduce some new characters too that really fit in quite well and help bridge some of the gaps. It really does feel like a fleshed out team now. (Except for one character, but I felt the same way about them in S1.) The special effects still aren't amazing, but I think they've stepped up a bit in S2 also. The first supervillan they face in S2 is particularly impressive in how they implemented him.

Anyway, I still say just give the season 2 premiere a chance and see how you feel. If you don't like it then I'd say that SHIELD probably isn't for you. I think you might be surprised though.

Pachimari

Are there even any superheroes in Agents of Shield other than Mockingbird?

I got the Season 1 special edition Bluray on my shelf but haven't watched it yet.

duckroll

I'll probably give it a shot at some point, but I'm really not in any hurry. More interested in seeing how Agent Carter turns out first. That has so much more promise!

I'll probably give it a shot at some point, but I'm really not in any hurry. More interested in seeing how Agent Carter turns out first. That has so much more promise!
I sound like the ABC PR department here, but S2 of SHIELD has tied in heavily with Peggy Carter's character so far. She's appeared a few times already in S2, and the main villain of S2 so far is directly connected with her. (I'm pretty sure that's the reason they are using Agent Carter to bridge the two parts of S2 of SHIELD.) It has all the trappings of one giant overall arc.

Are there even any superheroes in Agents of Shield other than Mockingbird?

I got the Season 1 special edition Bluray on my shelf but haven't watched it yet.
Besides a few surprise guests in S1, she's the first full fledged Avenger to join the team. Luckily it looks like she'll be sticking around. She's been a great addition IMO.

Season 2 of AoS is pretty much everything everyone wanted Season 1 to be from the start (aside from appearances from the main line Avengers).
Unfortunately, the 1st half of S1 happened and most people never bothered to tune back in.

Team dynamic has changed for the better. New additions to the team make for better chemistry. A clear objective and several seemingly connected plots all moving at a steady pace. Flash back tie-ins and a character crossover from Agent Carter. Much better fight choreography. and a 2 shorter story arc's bridged by an Agent Carter 8 episode "event" in the middle, make season 2 almost feel like a completely different and much better show.

I wouldn't have expected that S2 would win over anyone who hated the post-TWS S1 episodes, but if even dead souls and Devin Faraci can do a 180, duckroll should give it a shot.

All this peer pressure!! :)
I feel like I should post these for non-specific reasons.

tGHmQ6W.gif

shVWM8R.gif

... are the asgardians bullet proof?

im rewatching the avengers and loki came through the gate and people are shooting at him... is he supposed to be concerned... or ...?

All this peer pressure!! :)

Do it. Watch season 2. I completely gave up on AoS after the first few episodes of S1 and only jumped back in when people said it became better after TWS. They were right, but season 2 is even better than that. Lots of cool characters, interesting developments, much faster pace of story development, even the action is undeniably better.

Seth C

... are the asgardians bullet proof?

im rewatching the avengers and loki came through the gate and people are shooting at him... is he supposed to be concerned... or ...?

Pretty much. Normal human weapons aren't going to hurt Asgardians. Though Loki is actually a Frost Giant, so there is that. Still though, no.

Pretty much. Normal human weapons aren't going to hurt Asgardians. Though Loki is actually a Frost Giant, so there is that. Still though, no.

Thanks for answer <3

I wasn't sure cuz like... yeah, i donno. I thought they were, but it was never clarified and still, they dont seem to be a big fan of fire arms being shot at their direction, etc.

Also, I rewatched Iron Man 2 last weekend, and that guy, Justin Hammer, do you guys think he will be back at some point? He's a riot XD (will there be iron man 4???)

duckroll

Also, I rewatched Iron Man 2 last weekend, and that guy, Justin Hammer, do you guys think he will be back at some point? He's a riot XD (will there be iron man 4???)

He appeared in the bonus short film included in the Thor 2 blu-ray. When Trevor Slattery is serving his prison term, Justin Hammer is in the same prison. So technically he's already been "back" in a Marvel production, just as a gag cameo. Still in prison though.

Don't think there are any plans for an Iron Man 4 in the next 5 years at least. RDJ has a very expensive paycheck and Marvel is careful to use his contracted appearances for important crossover stuff now instead of another stand alone movie.

danielcw

Is Justin Hammer limited to Iron Man?

Whatever happens to the World after Ultron and Civil War, I am sure a weapons trader / developer can have something to do.

I know the authors of the MCU have free reign, but what can Hammer do according to the source material?

Also I wish SHIELD would give us a better hint of the state of the world?
Does stuff like Ukraine/Chrimea happen in the MCU, or do Super Heroes and organizations like SHIELD stop it, or at least used to? Or is it even worse, because the MCU has more powerful weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom