• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone said to me that Killian should be played by asian actor so people are not complaining about fake mandarin, but I think if he's played by asian actor, it's probably too obvious that he's actually Mandarin.

Asbel

someone said to me that Killian should be played by asian actor so people are not complaining about fake mandarin, but I think if he's played by asian actor, it's probably too obvious that he's actually Mandarin.

The one shot suggests that Killian isn't the Mandarin.

J10

Banned
The one shot ruined it, but Killian clearly says he's the Mandarin.

The movie ruined it, but Killian clearly was only co-opting the Mandarin's persona to hide AIM's true motives. He calls himself the Mandarin mockingly.

Pachimari

I gotta watch that one shot today. Must have missed it last night when I went through the blurays.

But how does Mandarin even look in the comics? Because both Trevor and Killian looks so different from each other that fans must had seen the fakeout coming unless the Mandarin really looks like Trevor in the comics.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I gotta watch that one shot today. Must have missed it last night when I went through the blurays.

But how does Mandarin even look in the comics? Because both Trevor and Killian looks so different from each other that fans must had seen the fakeout coming unless the Mandarin really looks like Trevor in the comics.

Modern Mandarin:
Mandarin_(Earth-616)_from_Invincible_Iron_Man_Vol_1_511_cover.jpg

Wait, it's a retcon now?

I'm pretty sure the MCU haven't had any retcons so far.
Just watch it.

The All Hail The King One Shot says that Killian adopted the legend of the Ten Rings and the Mandarin but didnt knew, that there was really a Mandarin with his Ten Rings organisation,mwho didnt liked this.

Wait, it's a retcon now?

I'm pretty sure the MCU haven't had any retcons so far.

The Consultant is about as blatant as retcons get; it's pretty obvious that the ending of Incredible Hulk was intended to set up a very different version of Avengers, in which Fury and Stark assemble the team to take down the Hulk.

All Hail the King definitely feels like a retcon to me, but I can't say for sure that it actually was without knowing what went on behind the scenes of IM3.

duckroll

Let's see what the site says....

"A source tells Movie Pilot that actor Ty Simpkins will be the next Iron Man. While that site is typically regarded as a wretched hive of scum and villainy, it is an intriguing idea."

Hmmm.... so this is basically like how some people create RUMOR threads linking to terrible blogs and saying "I don't buy this at all, but what if it's true?!" in the OP. I wonder what else they have to say about this...

"Of course this is all conjecture as there is nothing to substantiate this rumor. Still, it is worth thinking about."

Lol.

jph139

Yeah honestly I liked the kid. He was pretty unobtrusive and played off of Tony well.

No real credence to the idea of him being Iron Man, obviously, but by the time they need to recast/reboot (if they're planning on it) he'd be in his early 20s. So yeah, that'd be an option, I guess.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Some people just hate child actors, even if the part is well played.
I consider this as an answer to m post, so I will answer. Usually, I have nothing against kids in movies, I actually dont understand, why it seems like they are hated by everyone.
Maybe I just dont like this single kid in this single movie? I think this is possible.

The kid will return-
ComicBook.com: Did you sign on for a multi-picture deal?

Simpkins: I have a three-movie contract; now there are two more movies left in my contract but I have to earn those role of course.

So, just to get this straight, the only rights left that Marvel Studios need to get back are Fantastic 4, Spider-Man, and X-Men? That's it?

Neoxon

So, just to get this straight, the only rights left that Marvel Studios need to get back are Fantastic 4, Spider-Man, and X-Men? That's it?
And Namor. The Spidey Summit is this month, so Marvel may be able to get Spidey into the MCU. The F4 rights will depend on if the reboot tanks (& it most likely will). The X-Men are probably gonna stay at Fox & it's probably for the best (they're better off in their own universe, anyway....though I wouldn't be completely opposed to the X-Men in the MCU). As for Namor, it all depends on if Marvel wants to fork over the money to get Namor back, because it's not like Universal is gonna use him anytime soon.

Neoxon

That is total bullshit. How is he supposed to be Iron Man when he is already Nova?

Also he was great in Iron Man 3. What problem did people have with him besides his age and hight?
He isn't Kid Nova, & hopefully the MCU won't touch Kid Nova with a 10ft pole. Ty's IM3 character's name was Harley Keener.

Basically everyone who signs on for any of the marvel films ever is given a three-film contract at minimum, right?

And Namor. The Spidey Summit is this month, so Marvel may be able to get Spidey into the MCU. The F4 rights will depend on if the reboot tanks (& it most likely will). The X-Men are probably gonna stay at Fox & it's probably for the best (they're better off in their own universe, anyway....though I wouldn't be completely opposed to the X-Men in the MCU). As for Namor, it all depends on if Marvel wants to fork over the money to get Namor back, because it's not like Universal is gonna use him anytime soon.

The F4 rights don't depend on the reboot tanking. It just needs to get released into theaters and Fox keeps the rights for another like seven or eight years (and the rights can be renewed again if Fox produces another FF film around that time).

If it tanks, Fox might be interested in *selling* the rights, sure, but it's not clear how much Disney would really be interested in paying for them. But if Fox wants to keep the rights they keep them.

Namor might still be with Universal.

I'm 90% sure Feige said if there's going to be a Namor movie, they're making it.

If it tanks, Fox might be interested in *selling* the rights, sure, but it's not clear how much Disney would really be interested in paying for them. But if Fox wants to keep the rights they keep them.

I think that's what Neoxon meant. If F4 bombs, Fox might sell the property back to Mahvel because that's what happened with Ghost Rider 2, wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom