• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
yeah I think they're avoiding straight up calling her Night Nurse just because it's kind of a silly name, and they're going to be playing it pretty straight with her. the character's real name should suffice I don't think they're really going to refer to her as Night Nurse on the show.
Claire Temple isn't a Night Nurse though, is she? That's why I was waiting for some sort of further confirmation. I wasn't aware of that NYCC footage until now.

Claire Temple isn't a Night Nurse though, is she? That's why I was waiting for some sort of further confirmation. I wasn't aware of that NYCC footage until now.

yeah she wasn't THE Night Nurse (Linda Carter) but it's probably something that they're switching around for the MCU. Claire was a nurse though and was involved with Cage.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
What? He gets captured with them on after the bridge fight with TWS.
Sorry, I was thinking about the beginning of the bridge fight, not the end.
It's been a while since I watched it, but I'd guess there was more than one set of wings as he had a flying partner IIRC.

New Ant-Man art

veKUwqXh.jpg

Suits look cool, they remind me like something out of Kamen Rider

Pachimari

Come to think, who would be your top 3 characters of the entire MCU not counting upcoming characters like the Defenders? And not just a list but reasons. Do you have a new relation to your characters compared to before their MCU incarnation?

I have a hard time coming up with my list but I think Star Lord gotta be my favorite currently. I didn't even know the Guardians before the movie but I came to love him with his sense of humor considering the circumstances with the orb and everything.

I'm surprised I like Captain America too as I didn't see him as anything else than ordinary beforehand. Chris Evans have really sold that character, his drive and leadership talents.

I also always liked Skye's development in Agents of Shield and were shocked to learn she is an Inhuman. Especially as the Inhumans movie is probably my most anticipated MCU film.

I don't know if Captain America and Skye are part of my top 3 but I really like them. Even Ward who turned out to be the biggest "traitor".

And who do you look forward to see the most? I have to admit I'm super excited to see Ant-Man and Scarlett Witch as some of the next but right now my curiosity peaks with Black Bolt and how well Marvel will translate him to the big screen, probably with Vin Diesel in the lead. Besides him Daredevil is my most awaited character to see unfold himself.

J10

Banned
1. Steve Rogers - uncompromising idealism that isn't rooted in naivety.

2. Bruce Banner - a character who doesn't want to exist yet revels in raw catharsis.

3. Rocket - sardonic, brilliant, tragic, but not completely broken yet. One really bad day from killing everybody, but trying really hard not to get there.

I'm looking forward to Ultron and Scarlet Witch the most. They're both so emotionally disfigured, I'm excited to see how that comes across on film. I'm also really excited to see Medusa just be a stone cold bitch to everybody.

BLACKLAC

1. Captain America - a true hero even without the powers

2. Falcon - lovable, wise and that negro sure can fly!

3. Black Widow - Smart, cunning, kind and a child murderer...

Most looking forward to. Black Panther, unlike Thor he can't shirk his responsibilities. Scarlet Witch, she seems bonkers. Captain Marvel.

New Ant-Man art

veKUwqXh.jpg

Suits look cool, they remind me like something out of Kamen Rider

Hopefully the fight choreography will be too.

Man, now I'm imagining Edgar Wright still directing and him probably hiring the fight choreographer who he worked with on Scott Pilgrim and The World's End again.

Dai101

Banned
3- Agent Coulson. He could be Caps replacement, except for the age and he would not do everything he does.

2- Sam "Falcon" Wilson. He jumped back to duty without someone even asked and no second thoughts.

1- Steve "Son, just don't" Rogers a.k.a. Captain America. I don't even need to go more about him.

duckroll

I just realized that I don't know shit about most of Marvel heroes villains. What villains could they use for Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, and the Inhumans?

We already know what they're doing with Ant-Man. They're re-purposing the "Yellowjacket" concept into a suit for the villain. So it's basically a story of a new Ant-Man being trained by the old Ant-Man to fight the Not-Ant-Man.

Captain Marvel is pretty hard to guess at this point. They could do a variety of things, but if they're going to tie it into some sort of origin story, maybe they'll use Yon-Rogg? Pretty lame villain though! (Would fit right in with other lame MCU villains :()

Inhumans seems like it would work best as an internal conflict within the royal family which introduces the audience to their society, traditions, etc. As such, there's no reason why the main villain wouldn't be Maximus the Mad.

The helmet is amazing. How dare you.
Thought the helmet in Winter Soldier actually destroyed that quality suit.
Scenes with it off he looked great.

WWII looked decent but that was a combination of things with the suit that made it work well.(huge padded shoulders, big leather boots and gloves, colors blended better, more contrast, so on.)

The different material bits on Avengers' 2 suit should help the flow a bit.

We already know what they're doing with Ant-Man. They're re-purposing the "Yellowjacket" concept into a suit for the villain. So it's basically a story of a new Ant-Man being trained by the old Ant-Man to fight the Not-Ant-Man.

Captain Marvel is pretty hard to guess at this point. They could do a variety of things, but if they're going to tie it into some sort of origin story, maybe they'll use Yon-Rogg? Pretty lame villain though! (Would fit right in with other lame MCU villains :()

Inhumans seems like it would work best as an internal conflict within the royal family which introduces the audience to their society, traditions, etc. As such, there's no reason why the main villain wouldn't be Maximus the Mad.

Thanks duck, sounds like the Ant-Man villain will be lame already.

AMUSIX

I just realized that I don't know shit about most of Marvel heroes villains. What villains could they use for Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, and the Inhumans?

As has been mentioned, Ant-Man is a reworking of Yellow Jacket.

For the Inhumans, I think that duck is right, and it'll be Mad Max.

As for Carol, this was my post from the Phase 3 announcement thread. I figure they'll think 'female hero needs a female villain!" which is unfortunate, as it'll present her as being 'not strong enough to handle a man'. And, with that said, I still think Cru would be the most interesting villain for her.

For Captain Marvel, some options:

Ghazi Rashid
Hr4P2gem.jpg

Not the most interesting option, he was created solely to be powerful enough to take her on. He is just cruelty in a suit, so I'm not sure what else they could do with him...

Moonstone
CsdhLfum.jpg

Lot of grey area here. Still, she's the direct counter to Carol as far as 'super powered woman'. Might even do the 'stolen identity' story concept. Also might help lay some groundwork for potential Thunderbolts later down the line.

Cru
3nW0T5em.jpg

By far the most interesting, but would require so much groundwork to be laid. Would also potentially mean that the first step has Carol taking on the Brood, and I'm not sure if Marvel should go with 'swarms of enemies' again. Still, there is a lot they could do with Cru.

Whoever they go with, they really need to show Carol's power. They've already stated that she's going to be the most powerful hero in the MCU, but I doubt they'll give her Binary level powers.

duckroll

I think the biggest question about the Captain Marvel movie is how they're going to approach the character in the MCU to begin with. There hasn't been anything establishing a legacy of Captain Marvel at all, so would there be a Mar-Vell at all? It doesn't seem like it would fit into the MCU timeline, unless they manage to build on it very quickly with the next few films. If there isn't a Mar-Vell, then I wonder what they'll do with the origin. A Kree crash landing? An accident while the air force investigates a Kree scout ship?

Jtrizzy

Sorry, I was thinking about the beginning of the bridge fight, not the end.
It's been a while since I watched it, but I'd guess there was more than one set of wings as he had a flying partner IIRC.

I should just chalk this up to it being an action movie, but no, they even mention specifically that there is only one left and that it has to be stolen from some government compound. You can also see inside the truck Maria Hills breaks them out of, and they are not there either.

Also, fwiw, I agree that getting rid of his mask would be for the best. Just go Captain America/Steve Rogers: Director of Shield.

neoanarch

I think the biggest question about the Captain Marvel movie is how they're going to approach the character in the MCU to begin with. There hasn't been anything establishing a legacy of Captain Marvel at all, so would there be a Mar-Vell at all? It doesn't seem like it would fit into the MCU timeline, unless they manage to build on it very quickly with the next few films. If there isn't a Mar-Vell, then I wonder what they'll do with the origin. A Kree crash landing? An accident while the air force investigates a Kree scout ship?
They could establish Carol first. As a hotshot pilot in Cap3. A civilian career woman in BP and Thor 3. Then establish Mar Vell in Avengers 3.1 with his death and Carol's power up in her solo. I don't think the amount of material will be a problem at all.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
They could establish Carol first. As a hotshot pilot in Cap3. A civilian career woman in BP and Thor 3. Then establish Mar Vell in Avengers 3.1 with his death and Carol's power up in her solo. I don't think the amount of material will be a problem at all.

Supposedly, Carol Danvers was slated to make a cameo appearance in the Age of Ultron screenplay.

TDLink

Supposedly, Carol Danvers was slated to make a cameo appearance in the Age of Ultron screenplay.

AFAIK I know it was literally going to be an easter egg cameo. Something like showing a woman getting in a fighter jet with 'Danvers' on her name tag, while obscuring her face. Not sure if that will still be in the film.

Pachimari

Wow. I'm rewatching Iron Man 3 and didn't remember Peppers were donning the Mark 42 Iron Man suit! I can't remember this movie at all.

Pachimari

Just finished Iron Man 3 and I have to say it's better than I remember. It's actually great, though having a few pacing problems with all the scenes with the boy.

I just can't see Pepper as a superhero even after watching it. I know she had her moments but she also got fixed so I guess she's not all that super anymore?

And I also had no problems with the fake Mandarin. I think it was genius but I don't know the Mandarin from the comics anyway.

Mark 42 remains my favorite Iron Man suit.

Our first hint at Rescue happening :) She looked good in the suit.
But when would Rescue happen? There probably won't be anymore Iron Man movies and I can't see her becoming Rescue in an Avengers film?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I just can't see Pepper as a superhero even after watching it. I know she had her moments but she also got fixed so I guess she's not all that super anymore?
The powers didn't really have anything to do with her piloting the armor though. I really do hope she makes an appearance as Rescue at some point down the line, even if it's not Paltrow who is playing her at that point. Although I hope it is because Paltrow seemed pretty psyched that she got to wear armor and kick some ass.

And I also had no problems with the fake Mandarin. I think it was genius but I don't know the Mandarin from the comics anyway.
I didn't have a problem with fake Mandarin either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom