• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm really hoping the Netflix series' will be the first to really let the villain breathe and develop as a character.

Ideally, Thor 3 will make Loki the prime villain and elevate the franchise a bit. I understand they'll likely use Surtur in there, but it would be a great send-off for the Thor Trilogy.

Largo

I'm still really curious as to when/how they're going to push Thanos. In my mind they've got to be able to really let him flex without any of the gems, especially after the buildup from Guardians.

Personally I always thought the best route was to have him one-on-one the Hulk to press the point for non-comics readers (who probably outnumber the people who know who Thanos is), but a Thor showing would accomplish that too if he curb-stomped Asgard.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I'm still really curious as to when/how they're going to push Thanos. In my mind they've got to be able to really let him flex without any of the gems, especially after the buildup from Guardians.

Personally I always thought the best route was to have him one-on-one the Hulk to press the point for non-comics readers (who probably outnumber the people who know who Thanos is), but a Thor showing would accomplish that too if he curb-stomped Asgard.

good point there are a lot of films between now and avengers 3 though , inhumans, capt marvel and thor 3 could all add to Thanos' rep .

IHaveIce

Banned
Nah. Remember, his mom said he had "Wings of light, like an angel" or something like that.

We got Starhawk up in this...
250px-Starhawk.jpg
damn that would be kind of cool.
I'm still banking on Thor 3 being the first time we see Thanos putting in work.

Yup, Him getting the Gauntlet and one stone and just curbstomping everyone who is there would make an hell of an entry

EDIT: Hell no Jolie will not be the right one to do this job

duckroll

Just watched John Wick.

Best Punisher movie ever.

John Wick isn't really much of a Punisher movie though. At least half of the action scenes was him defending himself from people trying to kill him. That's not very Punisher! Plus, he wasn't killing anyone for a sense of justice, he was just pissed. :p

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
John Wick isn't really much of a Punisher movie though. At least half of the action scenes was him defending himself from people trying to kill him. That's not very Punisher! Plus, he wasn't killing anyone for a sense of justice, he was just pissed. :p

You know what I mean!

Village

I dunno isn't that sort of the same thing for frank at a point.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

Frank doesn't care about justice he cares about punishment, and is pissed that his family was killed by a bunch of mobsters that were not going to be punished in accordance with their crime. Justice doesn't mean shit to the punisher , if it did , then he would've been done being the Punisher years ago.

duckroll

Frank doesn't care about justice he cares about punishment, and is pissed that his family was killed by a bunch of mobsters that were not going to be punished in accordance with their crime. Justice doesn't mean shit to the punisher , if it did , then he would've been done being the Punisher years ago.

That's not really true at all. The Punisher definitely cares about justice, and the punishment is his form of justice. Not harming innocents is a big part of the conflict the Punisher has with other heroes, because they try to stop him from going too far, but he doesn't want to hurt them. The point is, Punisher actively goes out of his way to look for criminals to hurt, because they deserve it. John Wick is an ex-assassin who is out to wage his own mob war because people fucked with him. :p

OH SHIT SON.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062/sony_pictures_entertainment_brings_marvel_studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

Marvel's Kevin Feige to Produce Next Installment of the Spider-Man Franchise with Amy Pascal

(Culver City, California, and Burbank, California February 09, 2015) – Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

eastx

That's not really true at all. The Punisher definitely cares about justice, and the punishment is his form of justice. Not harming innocents is a big part of the conflict the Punisher has with other heroes, because they try to stop him from going too far, but he doesn't want to hurt them. The point is, Punisher actively goes out of his way to look for criminals to hurt, because they deserve it. John Wick is an ex-assassin who is out to wage his own mob war because people fucked with him. :p

Kinda like that movie starring the guy from Hung, Thomas Jane. I forget what it was called.

Neoxon

BoxOffice @BoxOffice
Disney will now release THOR: RAGNAROK on November 3, 2017.
That's a little too close to Black Panther.

Also, my best friend over in Hollywood (he goes to college there to become a movie director) knew about the Spidey news for days. You'd think a bro would keep a fellow bro in the loop.

3N16MA

Banned
That's a little too close to Black Panther.

Also, my best friend over in Hollywood (he goes to college there to become a movie director) knew about the Spidey news for days. You'd think a bro would keep a fellow bro in the loop.

Isn't that BP release date?

Pachimari

I honestly don't know what to feel about this. I'm ecstatic by Spidey entering the MCU but I'm also worried about the b-listers, like Black Pabther's role in Civil War and why Inhumane is now releasing AFTER the Avengers: Infinity War.

Is the solo Spidey movie for 2017 an official MCU movie now?

Well so much for Black Panther being the major hero to lead into Phase 4. Oh well. Spider-Man was my favorite super hero growing up, so if they do him justice, it'll almost be worth it. Almost.

Nelo Ice

Banned
If Spidey can come home then so can the FF!. Slim chance but dammit that's the only license left that Marvel could possibly get again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom