• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Marvel's first black superhero movie and first female superhero movie gets pushed way back to make room for the 6th edition of a wisecracking white hero with an attitude. Typical comic culture.

Spiderman is taking Thor's date and Thors push is moving Inhumans to a new date, BP is getting Captain Marvels spot , and Captain marvel maybe the inhumans old spot...somewhere in there is GoTG 2 also....and Dr Strange

inky

Marvel's first black superhero movie and first female superhero movie gets pushed way back to make room for the 6th edition of a wisecracking white hero with an attitude. Typical comic culture.

I'm annoyed by this as well. Thankfully BP will get a part before that, but yea... it fucking sucks.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Man, Andrew Garfield is Pierce Brosnan of Spiderman.

BP moved back to shoe horn Spidey in?

Sony retaining final creative control

LOL fuck this

Well, according to leak emails that we have seen, they seem very passive when it come down to creative control so I think they would approve whatever Marvel had in the plan. Both parties can't really afford to mess it up as well.

Goldeneye is the best Bond movie. I'm still annoyed that I have to wait even longer for Black Panther, but again, I've always been a huge Spider-Man fan, so if it does mean getting a great SM movie, I'll be happy enough. I'd rather have gotten the F4 license, though, if only for the related characters like Silver Surfer, Galactus, Doom, and Annihilus.

Vibranium

Banned
Ah, I can wait for Black Panther and Captain Marvel, I'm sure they'll be great. Spidey is a pretty big deal, and Marvel will make sure things are handled correctly, Sony will want to follow their approach to get the big bucks from the box office.

Besides, now we may get to see some of his minor villains/allies appear in TV shows. Imagine seeing Black Cat hanging out with Daredevil or Mr. Negative appearing in DD as a rival to Kingpin. His D-Listers are also some of the best there is, like the Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

BumRush

I don't really care what order they come out in, I'm just happy they have so many movies planned. Even the "bad" ones - in my opinion Iron Man 3 - are still watchable and entertaining.

Pachimari

And nobody even cares about Inhumans.

Not yet anyway.
I for one care a ton about the Inhumans movie. It's one of my most anticipated. And I haven't even read a single comic of theirs. But what I read about is enough to make me excited.

I believe Marvel have a great plan for them, even if it have been pushed back until after Infinity War.

Got this shirt a week ago.
ffoptaT.jpg
Spidey's back

Wurst

Was this reported? Nobody paid or will pay anything for inclusion of Spiderman in MCU. Both companies are willingly sharing what they have in hope that rising tide will lift all boats.
http://www.variety.com/2015/film/ne...-appear-in-sony-and-marvel-movies-1201429039/

That is incredible. Paper work for mutual payments would have been a nightmare!
At the end of the day, it's an incredible deal for Marvel.. they get maximum hype for Avengers and cash in with merch big time.

Neoxon

Alright, we can try to set this reform for 2017 onwards. So far we have...

- GotG2 - Neoxon & Quick
- Spider-Man - Toa TAK
- Thor: Ragnarök - Droid

- Avengers: Infinity War (Both Parts) - Neoxon & Quick (extends to 2019)
- Black Panther: ?
- Captain Marvel - Toa TAK

- Inhumans - ?
I preserved the original reservations from a while back with the exceptions of the moved-around dates & the fact that I added myself & Quick on Spidey (since Quick really wants to do Spidey). Of course, this can be negotiated. I just wanted the OTs to be reserved in an orderly manner when the time comes for each movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can I take Spider-Man? Please :)

Also, I would like to take over a couple of Production Threads. The couple I have made in the last days were a lot of fun.

3N16MA

Banned
I preserved the original reservations from a while back with the exceptions of the moved-around dates & the fact that I added myself & Quick on Spidey (since Quick really wants to do Spidey). Of course, this can be negotiated. I just wanted the OTs to be reserved in an orderly manner when the time comes for each movie.

Toa TAK put himself down for the Spidey OT thread very early on. I would contact him and see if he is still interested since I believe he was the first to show interest.

As far as the other OTs are concerned I think the proper place to show interest is the OT thread as not everyone enters this thread.

We could probably organize who is doing what so when the time comes everyone knows who will post in the Neoxon thread. However to be fair to everyone else on GAF if someone else puts their name down in the OT thread before anyone in here they should do the OT.

EDIT: Toa TAK also put himself down for Captain Marvel.

Neoxon

Toa TAK put himself down for the Spidey OT thread very early on. I would contact him and see if he is still interested since I believe he was the first to show interest.

As far as the other OTs are concerned I think the proper place to show interest is the OT thread as not everyone enters this thread.

We could probably organize who is doing what so when the time comes everyone knows who will post in the Neoxon thread. However to be fair to everyone else on GAF if someone else puts their name down in the OT thread before anyone in here they should do the OT.

EDIT: Toa TAK also put himself down for Captain Marvel.
I'll make the necessary edits, & will talk to him about potentially taking over Spidey.

3N16MA

Banned
I did put myself down for Infinity War Part 1 and Black Panther in the Neoxon thread. If J10 wants to do Black Panther he can do it and I won't put my name down in the other thread when the time comes.

I would still like to do Infinity War part 1. I did the first Avengers OT but missed the second as you and Quick claimed it which I have no problem with.

Neoxon

I did put myself down for Infinity War Part 1 and Black Panther in the Neoxon thread. If J10 wants to do Black Panther he can do it and I won't put my name down in the other thread when the time comes.

I would still like to do Infinity War part 1. I did the first Avengers OT but missed the second as you and Quick claimed it which I have no problem with.
The problem is that we claimed Part 1 a while back on this thread. Don't believe me, trace the post back. J10 also claimed Black Panther around the same time we claimed both Infinity War movies.

3N16MA

Banned
The problem is that we claimed Part 1 a while back on this thread. Don't believe me, trace the post back. J10 also claimed Black Panther around the same time we claimed both Infinity War movies.

I understand but the proper place to do that would have been the Neoxon thread. Not everyone enters this thread which makes claiming anything in here a bi tunfair to everyone else. The best we can do in here is organize phase 3 and then post in the other thread when that window is available. I did post in the appropriate thread but the system changed.

I have no problem with J10 doing Black Panther. I have no problem with anyone doing any of these threads as long as they post in the other thread before me.

Neoxon

I understand but the proper place to do that would have been the Neoxon thread. Not everyone enters this thread which makes claiming anything in here a bi unfair to everyone else. The best we can do in here is organize phase 3 and then post in the other thread when that window is available.

I have no problem with J10 doing Black Panther
Fair enough, I'll try to involve the OT thread a little more in the future. But yeah, Quick & I kinda had dibs on both Infinity Wars months ago, as did J10 on Black Panther (who you're cool with). I also got a PM from Toa TAK giving Quick & I control over the Spidey OT.

3N16MA

Banned
What is the Neoxon thread?

And why is this not discussed in the OT thread?

The OT thread. I honestly would rather discuss in there but the system changed and we are to organize the the OTs are self.

To be honest I have already spent too much time talking about claiming OTs which I always thought was kind of weird in gaming community.

OMG not this thread making shit again. This is getting really tiring.

#Donald4Spiderman

I would love this but it doesn't look like it'll ever happen. :(

Was this reported? Nobody paid or will pay anything for inclusion of Spiderman in MCU. Both companies are willingly sharing what they have in hope that rising tide will lift all boats.
http://www.variety.com/2015/film/ne...-appear-in-sony-and-marvel-movies-1201429039/

This is such amazing news. No one paid anything but both will benefit huge. Great news for all us fans.

Pachimari

How is this a benefit? The spin-offs may damage the MCU as a whole.
Because Spider-Man is Marvel Comics' most popular hero and that will be good for the MCU. The Spidey solo movies are also produced by Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios, and that is a benefit to Sony as they seem to have no idea what to do themselves.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Isnt the status of Sinister Six now delayed without a date anyway? I think thats how they will clarify its status until its silently canned.

J10

Banned
Sinister Six ain't happening. Neither is Venom. Neither is Black Cat. They say they are, but they're not. The Spiderverse is a non-starter.

Pachimari

I want The Sinister Six movie to happen though. Would be unfortunate not to get it, especially after all that build up. It can just be separate from the MCU.

Neoxon

Isnt the status of Sinister Six now delayed without a date anyway? I think thats how they will clarify its status until its silently canned.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure those spin-off movies are dead & Sony is just saving face. They know Kevin Feige is on the money with no signs of slowing down & trying to do the spin-offs behind his back would not only piss off Feige, but the fans as well.

BLACKLAC

Sinister Six makes no sense after the reboot. Unless he has a lengthy rogues gallery in the few months he has been Spider-man in the MCU it ain't happening.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Sinister Six ain't happening. Neither is Venom. Neither is Black Cat. They say they are, but they're not. The Spiderverse is a non-starter.

Yeah, hopefully these are just dead.

Ideally:
-SM2017 makes a billion dollars. It's a work of art.
-Sony quietly kills off their bullshit spiderverse &rants Feige full creative control.
-Sony allows Marvel to bring SM2, SM3 & Venom into Phases 4, 5 & 6 respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom