• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curb

Banned
Yeah, hopefully these are just dead.

Ideally:
-SM2017 makes a billion dollars. It's a work of art.
-Sony quietly kills off their bullshit spiderverse &rants Feige full creative control.
-Sony allows Marvel to bring SM2, SM3 & Venom into Phases 4, 5 & 6 respectively.

While we're wishing for things, I want a Superior Spider-Man movie after that and a pony.

FeD.nL

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those spin-off movies are dead & Sony is just saving face. They know Kevin Feige is on the money with no signs of slowing down & trying to do the spin-offs behind his back would not only piss off Feige, but the fans as well.

This basically, keeping the investors satisfied, and the stock has been rising since the announcement so there's that.

But there's probably more to this deal than has been made public, because Feige will never let Sony ruin what they have so carefully put together.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
This basically, keeping the investors satisfied, and the stock has been rising since the announcement so there's that.

But there's probably more to this deal than has been made public, because Feige will never let Sony ruin what they have so carefully put together.

This is my question in the entire thing.

Sony is super incompetent and has been for years. So much so that they are literally handing control of their most valuable IP over to a rival studio. It's actually kind of insane.

What stops Sony from getting Spidey in Civil War, Stand Alone, Avengers 3 parts 1&2 and then taking their ball and going home after the value is back up again?

There has to be something in place about joint approval of projects.

Given that Sony is totally fine oscillating wildly as is, and Disney isn't in the business of dumb decisions, I'm sure there is a contractual exclusivity of Sony's marvel IP while he is part of the MCU.

Neoxon

This is my question in the entire thing.

Sony is super incompetent and has been for years. So much so that they are literally handing control of their most valuable IP over to a rival studio. It's actually kind of insane.

What stops Sony from getting Spidey in Civil War, Stand Alone, Avengers 3 parts 1&2 and then taking their ball and going home after the value is back up again?

There has to be something in place about joint approval of projects.

Given that Sony is totally fine oscillating wildly as is, and Disney isn't in the business of dumb decisions, I'm sure there is a contractual exclusivity of Sony's marvel IP while he is part of the MCU.
Based on certain reports, Disney's motivation is to eventually take back Spidey as a whole (who they see as an investment equal to Star Wars, oddly enough). Sony knows they got themselves in some deep shit, & Marvel isn't gonna let Sony drag them both down into said deep shit.

this is the same sony that agreed to lose out on the merchandising revenue, it really wouldn't be surprising if they continued to fuck things up to the point where Disney was able to wrestle full control over the IP at some point in the future.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
this is the same sony that agreed to lose out on the merchandising revenue, it really wouldn't be surprising if they continued to fuck things up to the point where Disney was able to wrestle full control over the IP at some point in the future.

yeah to be honest giving up merchandise is utterly confusing considering the property. Things must've been bleak when they signed that deal...marvel/disney will probably get spiderman back soon enough though Sonys parent company is not in love with the film division.

Dai101

Banned

I'm sure the legal team that revised this collaboration put enough clausules that MAHVEL can basically do whatever the fuck thay want but everything will seem like sony has some kind of control. In the end sony pics. is just a front store.

Neoxon

Marvel needs some Washington Politicians tacticians to get Xmen back from Fox
Let's be honest, Marvel doesn't need the X-Men. If anything, they need the Fantastic Four more for the cosmic characters (& Doom) that come with them. The Shi'ar would be the only other thing the X-Men would be good for besides the mutants themselves.

eastx

I am sure he's happy to come back. He'll do anything for a paycheck.

But if he really didn't, maybe Coulson would be back in the films. Or Maria Hill takes over. It's not like they are lacking for options.

I'm still holding out for David Hasselhoff. :-D

IHaveIce

Banned
Well he isn't needed that much anymore.
New potential Shield bosses who will take his place: Coulson, Hill and what I also could see.. Stark

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
He'll appear in a couple more than those 2 contracted, I'd be willing to bet on it. I think a couple of those actors would be willing to.

curb

Banned
But this SHIELD is more or less inofficial, am I right? SHIELD was reformed multiple times in the comics, I dont see a reason why at some point there should not be a new SHIELD in the movies.

I think the current Shield is as official as it's going to get after Winter Soldier. I'm sure at some point Coulson as Shield Director will show up again in the movies.

Pachimari

But this SHIELD is more or less inofficial, am I right? SHIELD was reformed multiple times in the comics, I dont see a reason why at some point there should not be a new SHIELD in the movies.
This SHIELD is official. And Coulson is head of it. It's just not as well know yet and I think they're are trying to be as hidden as possible when doing their operations.

curb

Banned
This SHIELD is official. And Coulson is head of it. It's just not as well know yet and I think they're are trying to be as hidden as possible when doing their operations.

Especially considering the whole you know, Hydra infiltration thing. The US government coming after them hasn't helped much either. I suspect that if Agents of Shield gets a third season that Shield itself will still be flying under the Avengers radar for a while.

Pachimari

Especially considering the whole you know, Hydra infiltration thing. The US government coming after them hasn't helped much either. I suspect that if Agents of Shield gets a third season that Shield itself will still be flying under the Avengers radar for a while.
I'm just really want Coulson to pop up in a movie and reveal to the Avengers that he's still alive. Maybe SHIELD will come into play in Infinity War as well.

curb

Banned
I'm just really want Coulson to pop up in a movie and reveal to the Avengers that he's still alive. Maybe SHIELD will come into play in Infinity War as well.

I'm really hoping that Infinity War (at least part II) is pretty much the MCU vs Thanos - including Shield and the Defenders.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I'm really hoping that Infinity War (at least part II) is pretty much the MCU vs Thanos - including Shield and the Defenders.

*grumble grumble* to me the tv team is still getting outta the d league, and the rest of shield got scattered....i wonder what they will do with shield in 4 years time.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Official as with in international mandates like the Pre-Winter Soldier SHIELD? I had no possibility to watch AoS yet, but I honestly doubt this.

The current SHIELD sounds like a alternative version of Furys Secret Warriors for me.

I think, that we will have a new official SHIELD organization after Civil War.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Official as with in international mandates like the Pre-Winter Soldier SHIELD? I had no possibility to watch AoS yet, but I honestly doubt this.

The current SHIELD sounds like a alternative version of Furys Secret Warriors for me.

I think, that we will have a new official SHIELD organization after Civil War.
Wait wait wait. You haven't even watched SHIELD and are arguing of the validity of its current standing the Marvel universe? What.

It's the real SHIELD, the only SHIELD, that currently exists in the MCU. It is much smaller and much more fractured and certainly not sanctioned in any way by any official governments as a result of what happened in TWS, but it's still SHIELD.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wait wait wait. You haven't even watched SHIELD and are arguing of the validity of its current standing the Marvel universe? What.

It's the real SHIELD, the only SHIELD, that currently exists in the MCU. It is much smaller and much more fractured and certainly not sanctioned in any way by any official governments as a result of what happened in TWS, but it's still SHIELD.

I hope my previous post didnt sounded offensive, this was absolutly not my intention, I am sorry.
I was just curious, since friends who watched the series in english told me it this way.
I just wondered how this fitted together.

I hope my previous post didnt sounded offensive, this was absolutly not my intention, I am sorry.
I was just curious, since friends who watched the series in english told me it this way.

SHIELD can't exist in an official capacity again as yet because the US government is still trying to shut them down.

So they are underground but they're the "real" SHIELD. And yeah it is kinda similar to Secret Warriors, it's obvious they're taking a lot of inspiration from that book

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Haha, no worries. Didn't come across as offensive at all. Just wanted to make sure that I was understanding you right. You should try and find a way to watch seasons one (the first half is very slow, as I'm sure you've heard) and two, or what has aired of it so far.

Make no mistake though, Coulson's SHIELD is the real SHIELD. It's just a very different organization, both in size and in standing in the world, than what had previously been seen in the films.

duckroll

However "real" SHIELD is now, it still operates from the shadows without jurisdiction. This might actually continue for a long time, even beyond Civil War. I wonder if they'll drag it on even further by bringing in elements of Dark Reign, now that they have Spider-man in the MCU. :p

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Haha, no worries. Didn't come across as offensive at all. Just wanted to make sure that I was understanding you right. You should try and find a way to watch seasons one (the first half is very slow, as I'm sure you've heard) and two, or what has aired of it so far.

Make no mistake though, Coulson's SHIELD is the real SHIELD. It's just a very different organization, both in size and in standing in the world, than what had previously been seen in the films.
OK ;) Thanks for the clarification^^
Season 1 actually finally starts today in the television. I am not sure if I should wait for the Blu-Ray or watch it with ads^^

OK ;) Thanks for the clarification^^
Season 1 actually finally starts today in the television. I am not sure if I should wait for the Blu-Ray or watch it with ads^^

i'd wait, first half of season 1 is hard to enjoy on a week to week basis because it's kinda slow in development. it all adds up to the climax of the 2nd half but I would say season 1 is much more enjoyable to marathon.

BLACKLAC

Getting bigger!

tumblr_njob7c6dYa1rzni53o1_1280.png

Samuel L. Jackson Weighs in on why Marvel's Movies are better than DC's.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/1167076/samuel-l-jackson-tells-us-marvel-has-figured-out-something-that-dc-hasnt.jhtml?utm=share_twitter

If this hits OT it could get ugly...

Also he is down for an extension to his contract if Marvel needs him(Spider-man)!
Anyone brave enough to make that thread? I wouldn't be.

Bit too early to say through when in the DCCU (or whatever it becomes) only has one movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom