• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

The thread business on here is pretty serious it seems.
You don't say.
I'm gonna do the cast announcement of and pre-production thread of Inhumans. ;)

I have also observed that there have been posted a lot of articles and rumors in the Marvel thread that has no merit recently. But whatever.

We should have a thread for each stage of the production process.

Age of Ultron | Pre-Production Thread
Age of Ultron | Production Thread
Age of Ultron | Post-Production Thread
Age of Ultron | Pickup Shoots Thread
Age of Ultron | Marketing /Press Thread

But you forgot the most important thing about the first Avengers. Craft services.

Quick

Banned
I'm with you, MCU thread should be the discussion place with each bit of news with it's own thread. That's just an observation from a casual browser. The thread business on here is pretty serious it seems.

Thread making can be serious on GAF. Just check out the OT volunteer thread for examples.

That being said, it's fun for me, and should be the approach taken with it, instead of "I'm first!" mentality. It really got to ridiculous levels when there was that race to post the (I think) Ant-Man trailer.

Side note: Age of Ultron OT is underway. Gonna post an Avengers: Age of Ultron OT for the Official Thread to talk about the thread making process.
;)

But you forgot the most important thing about the first Avengers. Craft services.

Rumour: Chris Evans fed up with Marvel
craft services
, leaving production
to eat at restaurant

Thread making can be serious on GAF. Just check out the OT volunteer thread for examples.

That being said, it's fun for me, and should be the approach taken with it, instead of "I'm first!" mentality. It really got to ridiculous levels when there was that race to post the (I think) Ant-Man trailer.

Side note: Age of Ultron OT is underway. Gonna post an Avengers: Age of Ultron OT for the Official Thread to talk about the thread making process.
;)

Rumour: Chris Evans fed up with Marvel
craft services
, leaving production
to eat at restaurant

LOL an OT for the OT. Brilliant.

Quick

Banned
When is the OT being posted Quick?
On April 13? 22?

I was thinking April 13 together with the Spoiler Thread to line it up with the World Premiere, but the general release wouldn't be until a week after that. Either way, I should have everything ready.

What do you guys think?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm with you, MCU thread should be the discussion place with each bit of news with it's own thread. That's just an observation from a casual browser. The thread business on here is pretty serious it seems.

Thread Business IS ALWAYS serious business in NeoGAF.

That being said, it's fun for me, and should be the approach taken with it, instead of "I'm first!" mentality. It really got to ridiculous levels when there was that race to post the (I think) Ant-Man trailer..

It's not just Ant-Man Trailer since there are way more than that but yeah. It's annoying that people are racing for internet recognition because they posted it first. However it is possible that people just want to make thread first because they happened to love the franchise itself tho.

I would be okay with April 13. I don't know about the mods?

It should be fine since people can post a week before release date in Off-Topic since one day before only applied to Gaming Forum, apparently.

Quick

Banned
Thread Business IS ALWAYS serious business in NeoGAF.

It's not just Ant-Man Trailer since there are way more than that but yeah. It's annoying that people are racing for internet recognition because they posted it first. However it is possible that people just want to make thread first because they happened to love the franchise itself tho.

It should be fine since people can post a week before release date in Off-Topic since one day before only applied to Gaming Forum, apparently.

There was a whole page dedicated in here for posting the trailer first. Mostly joking, but in other cases, it tends to lean into what I said. But definitely, the other half of it is the individual just being a big fan. I can't hate on that.

Posting OTs here don't seem as strict as Gaming, just the matter of timeframe of the movie's various release dates.

TDLink

Honestly I think the "calling" of OTs (or other threads) 6 months, or a year, or multiple years in advance is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care how hardcore of a fan you are, posting threads frankly isn't that important. Plus there are lots of fans here, having a small handful of individuals claim the rights to each specific thread that far in advance is just dumb and also unfair to anyone else who might want to create a thread.

Honestly I think the "calling" of OTs (or other threads) 6 months, or a year, or multiple years in advance is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care how hardcore of a fan you are, posting threads frankly isn't that important. Plus there are lots of fans here, having a small handful of individuals claim the rights to each specific thread that far in advance is just dumb and also unfair to anyone else who might want to create a thread.

Yeah my thoughts too.

Agreed. The only time calling a thread seems fine is if it is a tv show and someone has been handling the OTs for a while or someone is clearly the driving force of a thread. Then it is just common courtesy to ask if that person is doing the next OT.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I'm guilty of that but I RARELY made Official Threads tho. I called Smash Bros 4 like two years before release date but it was a year after they officially announced the games tho.

So my team and I made the OTs and we were pleased with the results but I'm telling you that I really have new-founded respects for people who like to make OTs constantly. It really take a lot of works and times to make very good OTs for our favorite franchise, also we still have mental that we can't afford to disappoint the fanbase because they deserve the best things from us.

SmashGAF Hype is the best. Don't worry, MarvelGAF is best too. I don't have to worry about them being gone for awhile since we still have like 8 movies to go! :D

P.S. I don't think I will ever make new OTS again tho since it really took up most of my free times last year so that really show how much I actually respect people who spend their times on OTs.

P.S.S: I might change my mind again about OTs but who know!

Quick

Banned
I have 4 OTs so far this year to make (Orphan Black, Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Doctor Who). And possibly another one (NHL playoffs/Stanley Cup Final).

I like the creative exercise and general fun of it.

Edit: I did the maybe stupid thing of telling Nemesis ages ago that I can help people with their OTs, and he ended up posting that on the OT thread. Turns out, I was the only one willing to be open for it. I'd get a lot of PMs to help out, and the quality of work I did was, admittedly, not as great as I'd like because of how many different ones I'd split my attention to. I had him eventually just take my name off.

Edit 2: 5 OTs, the Daredevil OT coming up might have some content/input from me.

tomtom94

Kenneth Branagh on Thor 3: "They know what they want, and we all got on terribly well. So I'm sure if they felt there was a spot for me somewhere in there they'd give me a shout... but it's not something I'm actively seeking or looking for."

Source

DieH@rd

Banned
Kenneth Branagh on Thor 3: "They know what they want, and we all got on terribly well. So I'm sure if they felt there was a spot for me somewhere in there they'd give me a shout... but it's not something I'm actively seeking or looking for."

Source

I really liked his take on Thor 1.

giphy.gif

And I think I should take the blame for production threads. I started it all with the AoU one.

Source
I would very much like a return.

duckroll

I don't really have a problem with animation tie-ins if it means they'll be higher quality than the usual animated stuff. But one issue I would have is with consistency. I prefer the same actors playing the same characters even if they're animated, but it doesn't seem realistic to have RDJ, Evans, ScarJo, etc recording for an animated series or direct-to-video movie, and I doubt they'll be feature film stuff.

Maybe they could be shorts attached to the start of films like what Disney and Pixar does?

TDLink

Inhumans disagrees with you, bro

Does it though?

It's a big stretch to say that the current "Inhumans" in AoS (which are basically mutants) will be that connected to the actual Inhumans when the film comes out in 4 years.

Obviously the Terrigen mist is an actual connection, but it isn't anything they couldn't go over again in the film...in effect continuing to ignore AoS and anything it did.

neoanarch

CG shorts might be a better fit if they intend to tie them into the MCU. I hope that is what they are planning. 2D would be way too jarring and wouldn't make sense.

AMUSIX

Just saw this pointed out on reddit...yeah, it was probably an easter egg put up by some graphics guy, but it still means they're part of the universe ......
homArvgl.jpg

TDLink

They were going to do one, before Marvel stopped one shots in favor of TV series.

Is that actually the official stance? I don't remember them ever explaining why they were stopping one shots. It is just that there never was one on Winter Soldier...and then there wasn't one on GotG either.

Based on that it seems like they are done for now, but I don't think Marvel has ever officially said there won't be more or why there weren't really on the last two home releases.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is that actually the official stance? I don't remember them ever explaining why they were stopping one shots. It is just that there never was one on Winter Soldier...and then there wasn't one on GotG either.

Based on that it seems like they are done for now, but I don't think Marvel has ever officially said there won't be more or why there weren't really on the last two home releases.
The OneShot Team was doing Agent Carter, thats the reason why got no One Shot on the last Blu-Ray. They never said there would be never a One Shot again.

J10

Banned
Official announcement on the Russos directing Avengers 3 & 4.

As anticipation and excitement build to a fever pitch for Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the blockbuster sequel to the third-largest movie of all time, Marvel is proud to announce Joe and Anthony Russo will join the franchise as the directors of Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1” and “Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2.”​

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Official announcement on the Russos directing Avengers 3 & 4.

As anticipation and excitement build to a fever pitch for Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the blockbuster sequel to the third-largest movie of all time, Marvel is proud to announce Joe and Anthony Russo will join the franchise as the directors of Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1” and “Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2.”​

Cap , we did it Cap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom