• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

Aldrich Killian admitted, in film, his Mandarin was a fake.

Trevor mentions Killian's think tank thought it up, in film.

The One Shot just added more information.

Edit: saw your next post ;)

He also said, "I'm the Mandarin," so that has been most people's interpretation of the film's word on the character's identity. That he was secretly the Mandarin behind the scenes.

Fj0823

One shot only helps to remind me Trevor is more loved then Killian, but not as much as GOAT Hammer.

I demand the erotic prison adventures of Justin Hammer.

One shot only helps to remind me Trevor is more loved then Killian, but not as much as GOAT Hammer.

I demand the erotic prison adventures of Justin Hammer

tumblr_inline_n0hd4o32j61qdlg77.gif

Vibranium

Banned
Cap fight compilation. Pretty awesome to see his evolution here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knZmDfBbOLw

Loki vs Cap isn't as bad as I remembered.

This just reminds me that for any more WWII flashbacks involving HYDRA Marvel should use better soldier outfits. I really liked the Next Level Games designs for the video games, which made them look more like offshoots of the German army with futuristic tech. I'd also love to see real Nazis but that's just me.

Winter Soldier fights are amazing, I also hope we get to see a masked Crossbones and Falcon throw down in a revenge fight during Civil War. Sam and Rumlow have unfinished business.

danielcw

We all know it did. Arguing is pretty pointless, but go for it.

He also said, "I'm the Mandarin," so that has been most people's interpretation of the film's word on the character's identity. That he was secretly the Mandarin behind the scenes.

So "All Hail The King" did not conflict with any information there was before, at least in the movies (no idea about any tie-in comics, etc). All we saw in Iron Man 3 was a claim nothing more.

eastx

So "All Hail The King" did not conflict with any information there was before, at least in the movies (no idea about any tie-in comics, etc). All we saw in Iron Man 3 was claim nothing more.

Anything anyone says is a claim. If Whiplash says his name is Whiplash, that's a claim. If the movie does not tell us he's not really Whiplash, or Mandarin, of whomever, then the movie is saying that's the character's name. They don't usually show a character's birth certificate - you just take the character's identity as the one he or she gives.

I guess arguing semantics is better than admitting a piece of information was retconned though.

danielcw

I guess arguing semantics is better than admitting a piece of information was retconned though.

Well, saying something is a retcon is pure semantics.

Using an ambiguity for story telling is not a retcon, just because many, most or all people assumed that something else was meant.

Snow

As a non comicbook guy, they way I interpreted Killian' statement about him being the real Mandarin is that he was the man behind the curtain. Yeah, Trevor is a puppet and a fake, but there is someone responsible for all the violence done in that name. And it's Killian. And they way I interpreted the one-shot is that there is a Mandarin in the sense there is a real person that is responsible for myths that Adrian appropriated. I don't know if that qualifies as a retcon or not, that honestly seems like a pretty uninteresting semantic discussion. The point is that at least for me it doesn't seem al that complicated and contradictory. Maybe this retcon classification discussion is complicating something that's pretty straightforward in the movie and one-shot.

eastx

The point is that at least for me it doesn't seem al that complicated and contradictory. Maybe this retcon classification discussion is complicating something that's pretty straightforward in the movie and one-shot.

Yeah, you're right. The fun of arguing about it has already faded.

TDLink

As I said a few pages ago...I'm not a huge fan of production threads anyways. They sap all of that potential discussion out of this thread and just consolidate the news anyways (in which case it typically gets lost...or is made redundant by having a thread dedicated solely to whatever that news is).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
So who is it in the panel?
The panel is from Strange Tales #110, which was Strange's debut. That's Strange inside the head of some guy, and irrc that silhouette was just part of the dude's dream and not a relevant character.

J10

Banned
As I said a few pages ago...I'm not a huge fan of production threads anyways. They sap all of that potential discussion out of this thread and just consolidate the news anyways (in which case it typically gets lost...or is made redundant by having a thread dedicated solely to whatever that news is).

I tried to make this point once. Nobody cared. Someone people get hardons from making new threads and watching the traffic.

TEJ

Comicbookcast is reporting that the title for the spider-man film is 'the spectacular spider-man' and is starring nick robinson. And that spidey is in civil war.

I didn't make a topic about this in ot because they didn't have a real source to back this up and it might be fake.

IHaveIce

Banned
Comicbookcast is reporting that the title for the spider-man film is 'the spectacular spider-man' and is starring nick robinson. And that spidey is in civil war.

I didn't make a topic about this in ot because they didn't have a real source to back this up and it might be fake.

ugh I hate his face

Neoxon

Link? I couldn't find a video of it on YouTube.

Though Armin does have an inside source that got a hold of the then-working Sinister Six script, take that rumor with a grain of salt (as usual). Then again, April 1st is right around the corner.

EDIT: Found it on Facebook. And they have a supposed logo.
10007289_1037699892910373_2640550029131823167_o.jpg

This just reminds me that for any more WWII flashbacks involving HYDRA Marvel should use better soldier outfits. I really liked the Next Level Games designs for the video games, which made them look more like offshoots of the German army with futuristic tech. I'd also love to see real Nazis but that's just me.

Winter Soldier fights are amazing, I also hope we get to see a masked Crossbones and Falcon throw down in a revenge fight during Civil War. Sam and Rumlow have unfinished business.

Reminds me of how great the boat sequence is in TWS. Dude getting hoofed off the boat will never not be painful.

mreddie

So Civil War starts production next week and Strange in May. Not only that but with Daredevil, Avengers and Ant Man on the horizon with Jessica Jones near as well, get hyped.

Pachimari

I actually don't know what to think about the production threads.

I really love them for focusing and collecting all of the given information in one tight thread, but as someone else said, the news gets their own threads anyway and sucks the life out of the production threads.

While we could instead have discussed the smaller details and news in here as well, and give life to this MCU thread.

Anyway, not complaining. It's just my observation.

Quick

Banned

I really love them for focusing and collecting all of the given information in one tight thread, but as someone else said, the news gets their own threads anyway and sucks the life out of the production threads.

While we could instead have discussed the smaller details and news in here as well, and give life to this MCU thread.

We should have a thread for each stage of the production process.

Age of Ultron | Pre-Production Thread
Age of Ultron | Production Thread
Age of Ultron | Post-Production Thread
Age of Ultron | Pickup Shoots Thread
Age of Ultron | Marketing /Press Thread

jmood88

We should have a thread for each stage of the production process.

Age of Ultron | Pre-Production Thread
Age of Ultron | Production Thread
Age of Ultron | Post-Production Thread
Age of Ultron | Pickup Shoots Thread
Age of Ultron | Marketing /Press Thread

Those are all reserved. Don't take my threads.

I'm with you, MCU thread should be the discussion place with each bit of news with it's own thread. That's just an observation from a casual browser. The thread business on here is pretty serious it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom