• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
Hm, interesting. That was one of the more curious parts of the trailers for sure. I wonder what that was all about, and why it is ultimately being cut.

Shorter run time for more viewings per day because they're spending like half a billion on this thing.

TDLink

Shorter run time for more viewings per day because they're spending like half a billion on this thing.

Well yes, that is the practical reason for most studio demanded film cuts. But there had to be a reason they chose that subplot specifically, and a reason that it was even in the film to begin with.

neonglow

Apparently most of the subplot of
Thor going to the cave. The woman folks were trying to name is no longer in the movie, I believe the article said.

Can someone point me to a trailer with this scene and around what time it is? I can't seem to find it.

A funny idea occurred to me (but a caveat: I'm sure this has already been put out there).

I think in Infinity Wars, there should be a scene where the Watcher is talking to some other celestial being and says something to the effect of:

"I've been watching these earthlings for quite some time, now. I've been present for quite a number of significant events." and adds "but I usually take this human form to blend in..." And then he morphs into Stan Lee.

Aceun

A funny idea occurred to me (but a caveat: I'm sure this has already been put out there).

I think in Infinity Wars, there should be a scene where the Watcher is talking to some other celestial being and says something to the effect of:

"I've been watching these earthlings for quite some time, now. I've been present for quite a number of significant events." and adds "but I usually take this human form to blend in..." And then he morphs into Stan Lee.

Dude. You just blew my mind.

Tom_Cody

I'm fully expecting that they will pay off his cameos in some way like this.

FoneBone

Fox probably has the rights to use the Watcher

Pachimari

In other news, Kevin Feige's contract with Marvel Studios is up in 2018.

But I'm sure he'll stay and continue on. At least, I hope so.

Heh. Perlman back in 2014:

She was offered several lesser-known Marvel properties to focus on, and she chose Guardians, once again defying expectations despite its obvious match with her sci-fi propensities. She wanted a project where the “super”-ness of the heroes came from their personal histories and their planetary origins, not weird circumstances like radioactive spiders or chemicals.

“I can’t tell you what the other titles were that they were offering up on the table, but I can tell you that one of them was a little bit more appropriate for me, just based on gender,” she says. “I think they were a little taken aback when I chose Guardians, because there were ones that would make a lot more sense if you were a romantic-comedy writer or something like that.”

A She-Hulk movie could be cool! Though I'm actually pretty interested in seeing a Marvel flick that's filtered through a romantic comed-

Oh my God, what if Captain Marvel is a romantic comedy

http://collider.com/new-hulk-solo-movie-mark-ruffalo-says-universal-owns-the-rights/

Mark Ruffalo talks about his role in the MCU and explains the reason there's no solo Hulk film is because Universal still owns the rights.

That's unfortunate. I'd love to see Ruffalo go solo for a flick.

You know, I'm just sitting here, and I'm thinking to myself...

It is crazy just how many heroes we already have on screen, in costume and shit. It's nuts!

Iron Man
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Hulk
Thor
Ant-Man
Captain Strange
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Peter Quill
Drax
Groot
Rocket
Gamora
War Machine
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Quake
Deathlok
Thor

Along with their respective bad guys

Iron Monger
Mandarin I and II
Justin Hammer
Whiplash
Red Skull
Winter Soldier
HYDRA
Zola
AIM
Yellowjacket
Thanos
Ronan
Nebula
Abomination
Mr Hyde
Malekith
Loki
Kingpin

It's pretty crazy. I was gonna post images, but that shit would be really image heavy. Marvel universe is getting big!

Pachimari

Just think about all of the supporting cast as well. How many people are already a part of the MCU. It's massive.

There's also Agent Carter and Whitehall.

Neoxon

You know, I'm just sitting here, and I'm thinking to myself...

It is crazy just how many heroes we already have on screen, in costume and shit. It's nuts!

Iron Man
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Hulk
Thor
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Star-Lord
Drax
Groot
Rocket
Gamora
War Machine
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Quake
Deathlok
Thor
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Spider-Man
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Adam Warlock (safe bet for GotG2)
Winter Soldier
Yondu

Along with their respective bad guys

Iron Monger
Mandarin I and II
Justin Hammer
Whiplash
Red Skull
HYDRA
Zola
AIM
Yellowjacket
Thanos
Ronan
Nebula
Abomination
Mr Hyde
Malekith
Loki
Kingpin

It's pretty crazy. I was gonna post images, but that shit would be really image heavy. Marvel universe is getting big!
FTFY

FeD.nL

Should come as no surprise but Marvel had multiple Phase 3 plans, with and without Spidey.

Question with Kevin Feige:

You made the Phase Three announcement in October, planning through 2019. Then a few months later, Marvel’s biggest character becomes available. How drastically did the Phase Three plans change when Spider-Man was back in the mix?

As you might have imagined, that had been in the works for a long, long, long, long time. And we had, as we often do, mapped out various alternatives if things don’t happen. So we had a plan how it would continue without him and we have a plan how now it will continue with him. I wouldn’t say it was “drastic” but we were certainly happy when it all came together.

Pachimari

Just a general question but how many more superheroes do Marvel have, which they can give a solo movie to? Besides Punisher, Ghost Rider, MoonKnight and Blade which would probably be better suited for Netflix.

They have Spider-Woman I guess.

J10

Banned
Just a general question but how many more superheroes do Marvel have, which they can give a solo movie to? Besides Punisher, Ghost Rider, MoonKnight and Blade which would probably be better suited for Netflix.

Hundreds. Thousands. I wouldn't worry about the exact number.

Ithil

As many as they like.

Neoxon

- Nova (Richard Rider)
- Thunderbolts
- Runaways
- Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)

Just off the top of my head.

eastx

Didn't the same site think that Spider-Man was gonna be in Doctor Strange?

It's not the site but the author who makes speculations. BUT Richiek is misinterpreting the content of today's Hulk article. Devin believes Planet Hulk was on the table or might be on the table, but he clearly states that nothing is solidified and it might not happen. The real news of the story is that Marvel doesn't have distribution rights for a solo Hulk film, which originally comes from Collider.

eastx

This is such a nothing article that is pure speculation based on new news coming to light regarding the character rights.

Hulk will not be in GotG2.

The article itself is about the Hulk movie rights stuff, which is news. He just added his speculation and analysis to make the article interesting to read, which is good. Not that Devin particularly thinks Hulk will be in GOTG2, but unless you're writing or directing the movie, I don't think you can declare he won't be in it as fact.

TDLink

The article itself is about the Hulk movie rights stuff, which is news. He just added his speculation and analysis to make the article interesting to read, which is good. Not that Devin particularly thinks Hulk will be in GOTG2, but unless you're writing or directing the movie, I don't think you can declare he won't be in it as fact.

You're right, but the guy who is writing and directing GotG has declared as fact that it's not happening...and people still aren't believing it.

http://badassdigest.com/2015/04/14/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Devin Faraci seems pretty sure that Hulk's next MCU appearance will be
Guardians of the Galaxy 2, since Marvel can't make a standalone Hulk film because of Universal.

Considering Gunn wrote the script for that already and didn't include Hulk... I doubt it.

I think if Hulk is going to show up in any non-Avengers thing, it'll be Doctor Strange or Inhumans since he's hung out with both of them a lot in comics and his powerset would not marginalize theirs in any significant way.

danielcw

since Marvel can't make a standalone Hulk film because of Universal.

Is that true?
I kinda doubt it. Incredible Hulk happened, and at first glance in many countries Universal (or UIP) wasn't the distributor. Though I am not sure if Universal or UIP has a presence in all those countries.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They can, it would just be distributed by Universal. Dont let us create another strange truthfact for Marvel Movies, just because we reapted something long enough. This is already annoying enough with the myths that were here already established.

Pachimari

It's crazy that I know almost everything going into Age of Ultron, while I knew absolutely nothing when I went to see The Avengers. It's gonna be a different expedience and I'm afraid it will lessen my enjoyment of it.

That said, I will not read spoilers again. I'm going in as blank as I can with the upcoming movies and shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom