• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2026

What blows my mind (in a bad way) is that Hugh Jackman has appeared in about 7 movies as Wolverine and we still havent seen him in costume. :(

Compare that to the MCU.

danielcw

They can, it would just be distributed by Universal. Dont let us create another strange truthfact for Marvel Movies, just because we reapted something long enough. This is already annoying enough with the myths that were here already established.

I was only asking a question, because I have no idea, and research didn't give me a clear answer.
What would be the "truthfact" that was repeated long enough?

AMUSIX

Just a note completely out of the blue...I think Doyle's work on the Thor soundtrack was fantastic. I had generally overlooked it in favor of the First Avenger and the Avengers soundtracks, but I've listened to it more and more and really like Thor's theme. Hopefully it gets used again.

Oh, and if you want music to hype up for AoU, I started a Pandora channel with nothing but the Marvel Fanfare, and it plays mostly the Marvel movie soundtracks:
http://www.pandora.com/thor-dark-wo...ion-picture-soundtrack/marvel-studios-fanfare

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was only asking a question, because I have no idea, and research didn't give me a clear answer.
What would be the "truthfact" that was repeated long enough?
No offense. ;) Wasnt intended against or someone else.
Marvel Licence things just tend to be rediscussed and rediscussed until they become a fact.
I have to admit that nothing comes to my mind right now, but I am really tired.

Aceun

It's crazy that I know almost everything going into Age of Ultron, while I knew absolutely nothing when I went to see The Avengers. It's gonna be a different expedience and I'm afraid it will lessen my enjoyment of it.

That said, I will not read spoilers again. I'm going in as blank as I can with the upcoming movies and shows.

I'm really worried about this too. I had a sense of things for The Avengers. I feel like I know chronology and way more on the general plot for this one.

That said, I hope that a lot of stuff has remained hidden for us.

Pachimari

I have read every little detail of the ending.

I remember going into The Avengers, and I didn't even know who Black Widow or Hawkeye were.

Just a note completely out of the blue...I think Doyle's work on the Thor soundtrack was fantastic. I had generally overlooked it in favor of the First Avenger and the Avengers soundtracks, but I've listened to it more and more and really like Thor's theme. Hopefully it gets used again.

Oh, and if you want music to hype up for AoU, I started a Pandora channel with nothing but the Marvel Fanfare, and it plays mostly the Marvel movie soundtracks:
http://www.pandora.com/thor-dark-wo...ion-picture-soundtrack/marvel-studios-fanfare

Doyle's is far and away the best Marvel soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khlkDS0d00M
Timothy Olyphant on Conan talking about Iron Man.
Marvel needs to get this man in MCU stat!

tumblr_lpan6tZakE1r0wueqo1_500.jpg

Neoxon

Yeah, not until later this year. I could do it, but I have the OT booked for it already.

In any case, way too far ahead to even think about it.
Technically we do, if I recall the OT is still under both of our names since I'll most likely be reinstated by the time Doctor Strange rolls by (even in the worst-case scenario).

If it isn't, I can easily just ask to put it back once I'm back to normal.

Quick

Banned
Technically we do, if I recall the OT is still under both of our names since I'll most likely be reinstated by the time Doctor Strange rolls by (even in the worst-case scenario).

If it isn't, I can easily just ask to put it back once I'm back to normal.

Sorry, that's what I meant. We've got it booked.

iE7HxBzGuJRKV.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I wouldt have thought so, but Agents of SHIELD became an Instant Success here in Germany.

While the show just started 4 weeks ago in the Free-TV, the Blu-Ray is already out today.
In the Amazon TV-Show-charts its on the 5th place, only beat by Game of Thrones. http://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/dvd-de/508214/ref=zg_bs_unv_d_2_508124_1

The demand is so high, I dont even get my delivery in the next time, even while I preordered the same day the Blu-Ray became avaiable.

Very surprising to me, I expected Agents of SHIELD to dont do that great here.
I hope that shows the ABC that there is Demand for Agent Carter, too. And that we dont have that awful long again for the second season.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

FeD.nL

It's really going to be interesting how Cosmic Marvel is going to develop during phase 3. With Star Wars and Avatar coming out it's going to be crowded in the Sci-fi space. Really hope GotG2 and Cap Marvel do great and hopefully Phase 4 gives us Nova and maybe even an adaptation of Annihilation/Annihilation: Conquest as the big event that phase.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It's really going to be interesting how Cosmic Marvel is going to develop during phase 3. With Star Wars and Avatar coming out it's going to be crowded in the Sci-fi space. Really hope GotG2 and Cap Marvel do great and hopefully Phase 4 gives us Nova and maybe even an adaptation of Annihilation/Annihilation: Conquest as the big event that phase.
Annihilation ain't happening because Fox has the rights to Annihilus and the Negative Zone :(

I was hoping on Conquest actually happening in GotG2 due to all the secrecy around it during the announcements last year, but I'm not so sure :/ Conquest Spoiler!
I guess it'll depend on how well received AoU is

Annihilation ain't happening because Fox has the rights to Annihilus and the Negative Zone :(

I was hoping on Conquest actually happening in GotG2 due to all the secrecy around it during the announcements last year, but I'm not so sure :/ Conquest Spoiler!

Oh man, I'd love some Conquest. Definitely one of my favorite Guardians-related stories.

That and Thanos Imperative, but we probably won't be seeing that until after Avengers 3 at the very least.

danielcw

I wouldt have thought so, but Agents of SHIELD became an Instant Success here in Germany.

While the show just started 4 weeks ago in the Free-TV, the Blu-Ray is already out today.
[...]
Very surprising to me, I expected Agents of SHIELD to dont do that great here.
I hope that shows the ABC that there is Demand for Agent Carter, too. And that we dont have that awful long again for the second season.

Not to rain on your parade, but the ratings the last 2 weeks have been awful.
And the show has been running for 9 weeks. This week is the season finale.
(and for some reason the English audio on the Blu-ray is only 2.0)

And while we're at it:
season 2 will start in June on RTL Crime,
and Agent Carter will start in May on SyFy.

(edit: in Germany Syfy is a premium pay-tv channel, as is RTL Crime)

at the end of age of ultron, every single character in the movie is shot into space

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Not to rain on your parade, but the ratings the last 2 weeks have been awful.
And the show has been running for 9 weeks. This week is the season finale.
(and for some reason the English audio on the Blu-ray is only 2.0)

And while we're at it:
season 2 will start in June on RTL Crime,
and Agent Carter will start in May on SyFy.

Sounds like we will get at least the other two series sooner.

danielcw

Sounds like we will get at least the other two series sooner.

Last year around this time we were already at episode 11 of SHIELD's first season, so we are already late. And if RTL (or anybody else) has the FreeTV rights for season 2, the Blu-rays and DVDs likely won't come before season 2 has been broadcast, or the rights have expired.

Same goes for Agent Carter, but I believe not one international DVD release has been announced for the show. So it is even worse.

jph139

I'd take it with a grain of salt but I think it's pretty plausible to see the Defenders show up for a brief cameo. I'm assuming that Infinity War will be aping Infinity in a lots of ways, structurally - first half big space epic with Thanos in the backdrop, second half bit showdown between Thanos and the Avengers. With that in mind, I don't think it'd be a stretch at all to have the Defenders on the ground fighting off one of Thanos's lieutenants/generic goons, a lot like the Mighty Avengers.

I mean, I can easily imagine a huge, sweeping montage of the entire MCU near the ending.

- Agents of SHIELD fighting some goons in their base (or whatever is happening by like Season 5).
- The Defenders in NYC fighting some goons.
- Secondary Guardians in the atmosphere in a firefight with his fleet.
- Secondary Avengers & supporting casts in different parts of the world fighting off the invasion.
- Finally, Core Avengers + core Guardians facing Thanos.

Honestly I think it'd be a missed opportunity not to include that big "climax of the entire universe" scene. Infinity War Part II is the place to do it.

J10

Banned
Here's Devin Faraci, a guy who doesn't just copy and paste other people's shit all day between typing up completely fabricated rumors, interviewing Kevin Feige about The Inhumans:

I asked him how the relationship between TV and movies works on stuff like this. The two are generally independent (ie, the Daredevil show has little to do with Feige and his team), but obviously sometimes they need to work more closely. "There have been discussions between myself and Eric Buckley and Dan Carroll, who is the conduit between Jeph Loeb and the runners, in terms of them saying, ‘We’re thinking of doing this, this and this - does that gibe with what you’re doing in the movies?’ And in some cases, like with the Avengers movies, it’s very close. We have to say, ‘This is happening, so you have to do this.’

"In the case of The Inhumans, they’re blazing new ground. As we get down the road towards that one, we’ll see what the pieces are."

So that means the shows will lay down the foundation for what we'll see in The inhumans?

"Certainly, in terms of those backstories on some of those things. Knowing the comics, you can guess the kind of things you wouldn’t see on a TV show."

So I would assume no Attilan, no Lockjaw (a giant teleporting dog) and, most likely, none of the actual royal family until they get cast for the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom