• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Oh man, I'd love some Conquest. Definitely one of my favorite Guardians-related stories.

That and Thanos Imperative, but we probably won't be seeing that until after Avengers 3 at the very least.
Conquest was awesome, even if Marvel doesn't have the rights to the Phalanx or mutants I'd love to see some form of it happening.

at the end of age of ultron, every single character in the movie is shot into space
XD
They only need to fire Bruce into space, Ultron can simply joyride.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04...rt-two/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1. Agent Carter is 75% confirmed for a second season.

2. The Defenders will appear in Infinity War Part 2.
I think the Defenders will make an appearance earlier, say Spider-Man or something.

Lots of Spoilery stuff about the MCU at Joblo:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exc...-on-civil-war-doctor-strange-ant-man-more-227

LOTS OF SPOILERS.
Really tempted... to click or not to click...

Aceun

The Ant Man stuff has me so hyped for the Ant Man movie now.

Based on the info, Civil War is shaping up to be a true war. Not sure I really love the catalyst they talked about, but interested to see how it plays out if it is indeed true.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Marvel teaming with John Ridley (12 Years A Slave, American Crime) for mysterious superhero project

john-ridley.jpg

Really hope Netflix do Marvel Knights for a Phase 2.

Ghost Rider
Blade
Punisher
Daredevil S2
Moon Knight
Marvel Knights

Having Ghost rider as street level seems odd to me but I can't see another use for him. Doubt he would get his own movie.

I could see Ghost Rider being a good bridge between Street Level and Planetary.

Iron man seems like the logical choice for a bridge between Planetary and Cosmic

duckroll

I don't think it's a rights trade discussion, but part of a "Spider-man appears in a Marvel Studios film and a MCU character appears in a Sony Spider-man film" deal discussion. :p

Doalateralus

Neo Member
I don't think it's a rights trade discussion, but part of a "Spider-man appears in a Marvel Studios film and a MCU character appears in a Sony Spider-man film" deal discussion. :p

I shall go put it there as well. I thought about posting it here because of the larger questions of who Marvel thinks the "weaker" of those characters are. Because thinking about it, there's no planet in which Thor, Hulk, Cap and Black Widow are worth the same, even post-Avengers and not including phase 2. So it raises the interesting question of what their priorities are character wise. To me, it seems like Iron Man > Cap > Thor (because they own the movie rights) > Hulk (where they dont) but I have no idea where everyone else fits in. Especially with now TV/Netflix possibilities opening up for maybe a Hawkeye or a Widow or some of the more borderline characters.

And with Avengers: AOU about to come out, I find myself laughing because he doesn't mention poor Hawkeye (It's obvious why he doesn't mention Iron Man). Hawkeye needs a TV show or one shot or something just to show he can be good on his own :(

Anyways, off to go post that in the Spider-Man topic :p

Oh, and the other thing that the suggestion made me think of: Would Marvel every sacrifice the "integrity" of their MCU to get a character back by trading away an already established character? It's an interesting question.

Almost tiny AoU spoilers regarding that potential AoS spin off

I just read a synopsis of AoU and they make multiple mentions to Avengers Academy which is likely what all the beds Coulson has been buying is for. It also hads lots of credence to the AoS spin off rumours.

rexor0717

Almost tiny AoU spoilers regarding that potential AoS spin off

I just read a synopsis of AoU and they make multiple mentions to Avengers Academy which is likely what all the beds Coulson has been buying is for. It also hads lots of credence to the AoS spin off rumours.

Makes sense. Thats what I was assuming. Could be a fun show.

J10

Banned
The video says at the beginning, "It's being reported..." Being reported by who? Not Deadline, not Variety, not BAD, not Hollywood Reporter. The last Kamala Khan article that turns up in a Google search is from a month ago. Literally no one is reporting anything about a Kamala Khan TV show. Can we please stop posting bullshit YouTube channels and blogs pretending to be news outlets? Next time please cite the source before asking everyone to give these losers a page click.

Neoxon

The video says at the beginning, "It's being reported..." Being reported by who? Not Deadline, not Variety, not BAD, not Hollywood Reporter. The last Kamala Khan article that turns up in a Google search is from a month ago. Literally no one is reporting anything about a Kamala Khan TV show. Can we please stop posting bullshit YouTube channels and blogs pretending to be news outlets? Next time please cite the source before asking everyone to give these losers a page click.
I did find this. And to be fair, ComicBookCast does have inside sources (take the Sinister Six script for example).

The "source" is apparently... some dude on Reddit claiming to be a Marvel/ABC insider.

Yeah.

Aceun

I would totally be down for a Kamala Khan tv mini-series if they can get the effects right.

Marvel is currently missing that younger generation of hero in their MCU. Getting spidey will help with that.

Neoxon

I would totally be down for a Kamala Khan tv mini-series if they can get the effects right.

Marvel is currently missing that younger generation of hero in their MCU. Getting spidey will help with that.
My only issue is that they'd be doing Kamala before Carol, if the rumors are true. Though you have a point about the younger demographic. Kamala is one of Marvel's few younger heroes that caught on. And with Spidey covering the big screen, it'd kinda make sense for Kamala to take care of the small screen.

Aceun

That's a really good point. Kamala's whole MO is her love for Ms. Marvel. Without that as an anchor, I don't know if it'll be as strong.

It's actually why we need a Ms. Marvel.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Adam McKay in the Running for All Marvel Movies Says Producer Kevin Feige

“Adam McKay is in the running for everything. Adam McKay is a great, great writer and director,” said Feige. “He did an amazing pass on the Ant-Man draft with Paul Rudd for us, and I didn’t know him before then. And we got to know him through that and liked him very much, and have met with him a number of times trying to find something else, so we’ve talked about a lot of characters with him.

Officially, it's Officially Official:

Nicole Perlman & Meg LeFauve will together write Marvel’s “Captain Marvel,” in theaters November 2, 2018, bringing Carol Danvers to the big screen in her first solo cinematic adventure.

Fans will recognize Perlman as the co-writer of Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy,” last year’s smash hit introducing audiences to Star-Lord and his crew, while LeFauve most recently co-wrote Disney•Pixar’s next original film “Inside Out,” which will premiere at the Cannes Film Festival in May before heading to theaters June 19.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24469/nicole_perlman_meg_lefauve_to_write_marvels_captain_marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom