• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Sweet! I'm already liking the direction the Captain Marvel film is going; Perlman contributed very well to Guardians of the Galaxy, though not sure about LeFauve since Inside Out hasn't been released then again I can't really judge that yet.

And not sure if this was already mentioned so pardon me if it was, but apparently the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off will star Adrianne Palicki (Mockingbird) and Nick Blood (Lance Hunter).

I don't know why we need an AoS spin-off. I also don't know why they would want to take two of the best characters on AoS out of AoS. But hey, maybe this new show will be better...I guess.

FYI: Now that we're getting more and more TV shows I'm going to be revamping the OP to this thread. Probably some time later this week or early next week.

Quick

Banned
I don't know why we need an AoS spin-off. I also don't know why they would want to take two of the best characters on AoS out of AoS. But hey, maybe this new show will be better...I guess.

FYI: Now that we're getting more and more TV shows I'm going to be revamping the OP to this thread. Probably some time later this week or early next week.

If you need some help, I wouldn't mind lending a hand.

Quick

Banned
Anytime I see ANY GOTG rumours:

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Doesn't matter if they have a verified Twitter account.

Annihilation Conquest would be something better saved for the 3rd movie.

They can't directly adapt Annihilation due to Fox, but they can do a pretty close adaptation of Conquest after Age of Ultron. Which would be a good reason why they haven't revealed the title yet.

As for the Universal Church of Truth, going there would reveal what characters they would be adding.

Neoxon

They can't directly adapt Annihilation due to Fox, but they can do a pretty close adaptation of Conquest after Age of Ultron. Which would be a good reason why they haven't revealed the title yet.

As for the Universal Church of Truth, going there would reveal what characters they would be adding.
But based on what we heard, James Gunn is going in a completely different direction for this movie. Granted, I'm pretty sure somewhere in Marvel Studios HQ they have a script for an adaptation of Annihilation Conquest, but I don't think they'd go for that as the GotG sequel. Third movie, certainly, but not the second.

We could see the Universal Church of Truth in the sequel, but again, I'm gonna say that it's not gonna be based on any particular story from the comics.

Pachimari

I meant more like a top list but that's alright. I saw Age of Ultron yesterday and currently rank it at #7.

I'm in the progress of rewatching some of the movies, like The Winter Soldier, The First Avenger, Thor and The Dark World before I make my definitive list.

AOU was good

I found myself wishing there was more dialog though

Jeebus it moves so fast. Loved Ultron. Would have loved to see more one on one conversations between him and Stark though

Those of you, who have now seen Age of Ultron - where do you rank it among the movies/shows?

I really enjoyed it but I probably need to see it a few more times before deciding where it ranks for certain. I loved Avengers but I liked how this one was able to jump straight into the action without bringing the team together. The Winter Soldier's probably still the best MCU film thus far though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I will wait until I have seen the movie at home, second time viewing will like be better, I wont be hyped as fuck this time.

Also, with the Exteded Cut, my biggest problems with the movie will be surely gone.

guek

Banned
That would actually be genius. Maybe release the Extended Cut in October so Star Wars won't overshadow it.
The reaction could backfire if they pushed it too hard. It Would be fantastic for fans and likely make a pretty penny to boot though.

Pachimari

I had quite a few problems with Age of Ultron, and even though I knew all of the spoilers before watching the movie, I came out the cinema somewhat disappointed.

Hopefully we will get that extended cut, which can fix a few of the problems.

Anyway, gotta rewatch Iron Man 2, 3, Cap 1, Thor 1, 2 and Hulk before I decide my final list. And will of course watch Age of Ultron again. But I never thought I would say that The Avengers were a better movie than AoU.

I'm still extremely excited about Ant-Man and Civil War coming up next though!

Neoxon

The reaction could backfire if they pushed it too hard. It Would be fantastic for fans and likely make a pretty penny to boot though.
Obviously Disney won't advertise it as hard since they'll be revving up the Star Wars hype train. But it could act as a good appetizer to hold over people hungry for action until December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom