• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

I know it's a long ways off, but who do you want to be the big bad after Thanos?

I wouldn't mind see the Masters of Evil start assembling in post credit scenes.
- Kang the Conqueror
- The Skrulls
- The Celestials
- Doctor Doom (if they get F4 back by then)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It will be tricky. Be grew from local threat with the Battle of New York to global threat with Age of Ultron and we will get cosmic threat in Infinity War.
We cant get bigger.

The sequel!

OquInCV.jpg
Damn that's an adorable picture. I guess that's a Sony exec shaking hands with a Disney exec in the background?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
- Kang the Conqueror
- The Skrulls
- The Celestials
- Doctor Doom (if they get F4 back by then)

Choices:
Kang
Skrulls / Super Skrull
Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil (Enchantress, Abomination, Executioner, Klaw, Whirlwind, Living Lazer)
Korvac
Osborn and the Thunderbolts (after Civil War and Spidy being involved)
Scarlet Witch (if they choose to go the route of House of M)
Sentry/Void
Magus / Adam Warlock; Universal Church of Truth
Beyonder(s)
High Evolutionary (if he's not attached to X-Men)
The Brood
Shi'ar Empire (if they aren't attached to X-Men)
Ultron and the Phalanx... up the ante!

If they aren't in Strange:
Shuma-Gorath / Dormammu (if either of them aren't in Strange)
Nightmare
Mephisto

If they get back Fantastic Four, which they wont:
Doctor Doom
Annihilus (they may have shared custody)

Busaiku

They already had merchandise for Spider Man for forever, so I imagine that gave them a lot more leverage.
Might still be some time for Fox.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
It will be tricky. Be grew from local threat with the Battle of New York to global threat with Age of Ultron and we will get cosmic threat in Infinity War.
We cant get bigger.
The Battle of New York might have technically been a "local threat," but there was something about Age of Ultron that felt smaller to me despite being on a global scale. And I liked the movie more than the first. I just don't know that I would classify it as simply as local -> global -> cosmic.

I'm less interested in seeing what they pick for the next Big Bad post-Thanos than I am how they'll resurrect everything after he curb stomps them all.

kunonabi

Saw the movie AoU last night and loved it despite a few issues.

We already see a new Avengers team in the works with Scarlet Witch, Vision, Falcon, and War Machine but I doubt them alone could really carry a whole franchise as much as I love all of them. Obviously Spidey will be become part of the team but I wonder how the full squad would look. Our pool so far:

Spider-Man
Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Ant-Man
Vision
Falcon
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Dr. Strange

Seems a little large to me. I would assume that Strange wouldn't be part of it and of course Vision might get offed since he has an infinity stone. I also don't know if Cheadle is in for the long haul. That would leave 6 or 7 which seems more reasonable to me. Anybody else's thoughts?

sorry i accidently posted in the OT 1 thread and did not see this...my apologies

is the new spiderman movie going to be in the MCU? but Sony will still have control of it....but Sony still has to stay within the confines of the MCU

is this how it's working out

edit: meant to post in the OT 2 thread

sorry i accidently posted in the OT 1 thread and did not see this...my apologies

is the new spiderman movie going to be in the MCU? but Sony will still have control of it....but Sony still has to stay within the confines of the MCU

is this how it's working out

edit: meant to post in the OT 2 thread
Yes, it's in the MCU, and that's why they brought Kevin Fiege on, Sri they can ease that transition.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The german media magazin DWDL is reporting, that Daredevil is supposed to be the most successfull Netflix show of all time within the first 30 days....

Marvel success is starting to be scary... They are really overtaking the world...

So what are the actual chances that Civil War is actually about government interference in Super Hero work?

Just curious because from my point of view if they follow that, they've been establishing a flip in sides, with Rogers being Pro and Star being against (this goes back to IM 2 for that)

The entire Hulk/Widow subplot running through the film definitely seems to suggests that they were toying with the idea of an actual Grey Hulk though. It seems like the natural progression forward.

Yeah but that video makes it seem like he would have been Grey in Africa during the fight with the Hulkbuster, that's literally the opposite of what Grey Hulk even remotely represents.

duckroll

Yeah but that video makes it seem like he would have been Grey in Africa during the fight with the Hulkbuster, that's literally the opposite of what Grey Hulk even remotely represents.

Yeah that would have been pretty dumb. But I think we'll get to Grey Hulk eventually. Some day. Maybe by the second Infinity War movie. Lol.

Yeah that would have been pretty dumb. But I think we'll get to Grey Hulk eventually. Some day. Maybe by the second Infinity War movie. Lol.

Hopefully.

It'd be interesting to see if they actually do a different but intelligent personality or if they go the simple way and say Grey Hulk is Hulk with Banner in control.

BY2K

Membero Americo
If they do Galactus, he better not be a goddamn fog monster. They did a Celestial in GotG and they pulled off doing live-action Vision. They can pull off Galactus.

BigDes

If they do Galactus, he better not be a goddamn fog monster. They did a Celestial in GotG and they pulled off doing live-action Vision. They can pull off Galactus.

I don't think they can do Galactus, think he is wrapped up in Fantastic Four stuff.

Dai101

Banned
Quicksilver I'm pretty sure won't :(

Well. There's T.A.H.I.T.I., SW weird shit, Strange even weirdier shit, some infinity stone shennanigans involving Thanos raising his ass from the dead along with past villians like Red Skull, Malekith and Ronan

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Well. There's T.A.H.I.T.I., SW weird shit, Strange even weirdier shit, some infinity stone shennanigans involving Thanos raising his ass from the dead along with past villians like Red Skull, Malekith and Ronan
I can see
Quicksilver coming back when Thanos revives everyone but not before. They really can't (or at least shouldn't, IMO) pull a Coulson with him. Not yet.

FeD.nL

Just got back from seeing Age of Ultron again, this time with my dad who really enjoyed it. But to keep the guessing/speculation going for future instalments I though let's post it here as opposed to the spoiler thread.

So spoilers for AoU, and speculation regarding phase 3:

So i'm pretty sure Pietro and Wanda can/will be classified as Inhuman by the end of phase 3. Even though their powers come from the mind gem they are the only ones to survive the experiment, even though they don't reference it does seem that they where the ones with Inhuman potential, perhaps the other ones were petrified, as mentioned in AoS. I think it has been said before but my guess is that the Soul Gem is responsible for Terrigen Crystals and just like the Mind Gem and perhaps other infinity gems can unlock Inhuman Potential in people.

Furthermore I think I can guess what Tony's arc is going to be in phase 3. This time the way that Fury says he cares a lot about him made me think about Howard and how he will show up in Ant-Man. Howard is of course a founder of SHIELD and it would not surprise me if we get a younger Fury in Ant-Man too. And perhaps Howard, knowing that Hydra Assassins are after him asks Fury to look out for Tony and watch over him. My guess is that Fury will die in Civil War since Jackson's contract is nearly running out. I think he will tell Tony what his father asked of him and by the end of the film Tony will become director of SHIELD. I know, but what about Coulson? I think he'll be reinstated as second in command alongside Hill.

It just makes sense for Tony to walk this path. Something probably will happen to Steve in Civil War and that may trigger Tony to finally take responsibility just as Steve did for Howard. In the Avengers when Tony first meets Steve he even mentions it "This is the guy my dad would not shut up about?". Then during phase 3 Tony is in the Fury role, tracking down new Heroes and try to fold them into the Avengers/SHIELD/SWORD whatever it's name will be and perhaps even start up a space program to look for the missing infinity stones . It just makes the circle whole, when we see Howard in The First Avenger he's very much like Tony and somewhere he turns into what we see in Iron Man 2. A man who cares a lot about people and wants to make the world a safer place, something that very much mimics Tony's overall storyline so far. So him becoming the director of SHIELD would make a lot of sense. Then in Infinity War we get him as Iron Man one last time.

BBboy20

I thought of posting this in the AUO threads but realized it's really speculation of the future so, despite my lacking of comic book knowledge, let me get these questions and speculations out of my head:

I figured creating Ultron would have resulted in Tony starting Civil War but Ultron just really became on his own so I don't know what would compel him to (help?) start the NOT Mutant Registration Act.

Is Avengers SHIELD transformed or...oh, I watch SHIELD so I'd guess I'll wait and see.

Actually, is CW going to be another Avengers film? Or will there be strife between Cap, Witch, Vision, Falcon, Widow, and Machine as well?

I suspect Dr. Strange will take on the Soul gem but who's gonna' take on Time?

Oh man, Vision is gonna' be the first to go when Infinity War comes around. :(

Are people gonna' bet real money on rather Cap lives or dies when Civil War comes around? Will Tony still continue his super hunt if that death comes to be?

Will Thanos actually appear in Thor 3? Will he start appearing in a lot more Marvel flicks?

Guess they killed Quicksilver cuz he was OP.

To think about it, all of this is really a war between Nick Fury and Thanos, two main forces that don't know the other exists (that we know of so far) so...I wonder if Fury will be the last hero standing if our other heroes can't stop Thanos in the end.

Neoxon

I have a theory, but it has AoU spoilers.

I think Hawkeye will be forced back into action because he'll think he owes it to Pietro. As for Quicksilver, I think he may get revived in Infinity War via the Time Stone, but someone else will die in his place (probably Hawkeye or Vision).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I have a theory, but it has AoU spoilers.

I think Hawkeye will be forced back into action because he'll think he owes it to Pietro. As for Quicksilver, I think he may get revived in Infinity War via the Time Stone, but someone else will die in his place (probably Hawkeye or Vision).

that actually sound plausible but Cap America instead? Since Chris Evans supposedly want to get out of actors business and become director for the movies. Also it could allow Winter Solider or Falcon to take over Cap America's spot.

Maybe Iron Man? ;)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
that actually sound plausible but Cap America instead? Since Chris Evans supposedly want to get out of actors business and become director for the movies. Also it could allow Winter Solider or Falcon to take over Cap America's spot.

Maybe Iron Man? ;)
Again and again. He was misquoted.
Evans would play Cap until he dies, he just dont want to act in other movies.

Neoxon

Maybe Iron Man? ;)
True, it could be Cap that replaces Pietro. And it would give Chris Evans an out.

Neoxon

Again and again. He was misquoted.
Evans would play Cap until he dies, he just dont want to act in other movies.
Now that you mention it, I do recall him saying that. I retract my Cap statement.

As for the other candidates, I said Hawkeye because he's the one Pietro saved, & Vision because he's kinda marked to die anyway (as per the Mind Stone in his forehead). And if the next few films tee up the Vision-Wanda relationship, you'll get the same emotional impact from Wanda as you would from what happened to Pietro.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So anyone have any thoughts on the Infinity War synopsis? Here's mine.

Part 1:
- Thanos goes around to the different stone locations and wrecks their shit one by one to get their gem. (Destroys Xandar, Kills the Collector, Wrecks Asgard, don't know for 2 other gems)
- Mind Stone is the final one, with Vision.
- Galactic forces from the galaxy (Led by Nova Corps?) invade Earth and people don't know why.
- Cap Avengers defeat them but discover what their goal was, to get Vision and keep the stone from Thanos.
- Thanos shows up and wrecks everyone's shit, kills Vision, takes the stone, and has the fullly equipped Infinity Gauntlet. End of Part 1.

Part 2:
- Thanos is wrecking shit on earth with his gauntlet.
- All the avengers assemble: Cap Team, Old Team, Defenders (maybe?), Spider-Man, Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, every single person.
- Guardians of the Galaxy come to help too?
- Some big battle.
- ???
- Profit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom