• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeD.nL

Damn with Ross in Civil War I really hope that the Incredible Hulk stinger now has its place, beyond the One-Shot. Can't fucking wait, so hyped already.

Cryxok

I think Rudd said he was pushing for it. If he is planned to appear they probably won't say anything until July or later, unless he's spotted on set.

Edit: never mind, they just confirmed Ant-Man for civil war

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24586...oduction_on_marvels_captain_america_civil_war

Jeez... simply going off by that list there are already more characters involved than in Avengers 2! and I was actually surprised by the amount of characters they involved there

TDLink

So who is even going to join Iron Man's "team"? War Machine? Maybe Ant-Man?

Because I have a hard time believing all of the other guys wouldn't join Cap. Falcon is his bro, Winter Soldier is his old bro, Scarlet Witch hates Tony, I can't see Black Widow going against Cap, and I can't see Hawkeye going against Black Widow.

So that leaves Vision, possibly?

inthrall

Because I have a hard time believing all of the other guys wouldn't join Cap. Falcon is his bro, Winter Soldier is his old bro, Scarlet Witch hates Tony, I can't see Black Widow going against Cap, and I can't see Hawkeye going against Black Widow.

I could see

Pro regulation:
Iron Man, Hawkeye, War Machine, Black Widow, Vision

Anti regulation:
Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Ant-Man (get it, ANT-i regulation?!?!), Black Panther

with the rest being different shades of villain. I suspect Bucky won't choose a side until he decides to stop running away, if he chooses one at all

This news makes me wonder if Spider-Man is going to play an actual role or going to be more of a cameo.

Also, what's the chance we could get a Spider-Man tease at the end of Ant-Man?

This news makes me wonder if Spider-Man is going to play an actual role or going to be more of a cameo.
He's not cast yet. There's nothing to announce about him right now. I don't think it means much. He could be a CG character or a stuntman in a costume and still take a major role considering how he looks.

FeD.nL

Ant-Man is most certainly pro registration. With Pym already saying in the trailer "when you give godlike powers to everyone it's gonna be chaos". I can't see Lang turning on the man that gave him a purpose. I think Fury is also going to be with Stark with his remark in AoU that he cares a lot about Tony. That makes Hawkeye also pro registration since he'll follow Fury anywhere when asked. Black Widow is interesting and I think you were on point with the rest with Vision taking care of Wanda.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think they could pit Hawkeye (anti-registration) against Black Widow for the interesting stress that would put on their friendship. I also could see Winter Soldier not being buddies with Cap yet (but the resolution of Civil War will result in them finally making up, maybe as Bucky holds a dying Steve in his arms or whatever). So:

Iron Man, Warmachine, Black Widow, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, Vision

Captain America, Falcon, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther

Fury and Agent 13 will be on Iron Man's team. In a twist, because Marvel seems to enjoy playing with fans' expectations, Spider-Man will cameo on Cap's team (not Iron Man's).

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If the Russos are consistent with following Vision's characterization from AoU I'd guess Vision will side with Cap because he is focused on the really big picture for humanity. Temporary government concerns will lose against Cap's more ethically idealized vision of heroes being free to do whatever they must to help people.

jmood88

If the Russos are consistent with following Vision's characterization from AoU I'd guess Vision will side with Cap because he is focused on the really big picture for humanity. Temporary government concerns will lose against Cap's more ethically idealized vision of heroes being free to do whatever they must to help people.

Or Vision could just not care about any of it. I could see him just being neutral.

I really think Hawkeye would be on the anti-regulation side. If he gets on an index, that would put (AoU spoilers)
his secret farm at risk

Also, I wonder if Black Panther would be on the pro-reg side. Being essentially government himself, he'd probably love to have files on everyone so he could prepare better.

XAL

I think Lucy Liu should be Wong.

She plays Watson in Elementary (the superior Sherlock show) and does a damn good job.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I really think Hawkeye would be on the anti-regulation side. If he gets on an index, that would put (AoU spoilers)
his secret farm at risk

Also, I wonder if Black Panther would be on the pro-reg side. Being essentially government himself, he'd probably love to have files on everyone so he could prepare better.

I think you're right about Hawkeye. I'll edit and swap him with Black Widow.

I don't know Black Pantther's character, but I figure there can't be too many characters on Iron Man's pro-reg side...

XAL

How can anyone take what you say seriously?

Don't get me wrong. The BBC Sherlock is good. But it's kind of goofy/super quirky. Sherlock accessing his mind palace is fuckin' jokey - like he's got some kind of minority report beautiful mind iphone interface when he closes his eyes.

Elementary is much maligned because it doesn't have Cumberbatch in it and it has a female asian Watson.

But the fact is that both Sherlock and Watson are infinitely more complex and grounded in reality than BBC's Sherlock. Elementary's Sherlock is extremely capable, but extremely flawed in a very human ways - he doesn't have anything that resembles super powers.

Elementary is really worth your time if you haven't given it much of a chance.

Also Watson's wardrobe is insane. https://www.google.com/search?q=luc...a=X&ei=9GFNVbyoI9bSoASmtoDgCg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

I think you're right about Hawkeye. I'll edit and swap him with Black Widow.

I don't know Black Pantther's character, but I figure there can't be too many characters on Iron Man's pro-reg side...

I think Black Widow would be anti as well, just due to her connection to Banner, and Black Panther would be pro at first and then maybe change to anti when he's in danger of being included on whatever list they have.

Because I really, really can't see a situation where Black Panther wouldn't want extra information about potential threats to Wakanda.

Quick

Banned
Where the hell is my Hulk sequel friends.

I'm seconding this. A solo Ruffalo movie would be great, but...

Universal still has the solo movie rights to Hulk, & Marvel doesn't want to deal with that again.

Yeah.

At least Marvel can get snatch up the cast and put them into the MCU.

I was a little disappointed at the lack of Betty Ross mentions in The Avengers, and I thought they'd completely swept her under the rug, but having Thunderbolt Ross in Civil War could be a door open for her return. Some Banner/Betty conflict could bring some complications to him.

They should just have the next run of after credits sequences be Banner doing random shit, that when pieced together, form a tiny story of what he was doing in between now and Infinity War.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They should just have the next run of after credits sequences be Banner doing random shit, that when pieced together, form a tiny story of what he was doing in between now and Infinity War.
Would be cool if they try something like this, but I think we are locked in the Thanos vault until Infinity War :/

Would be cool if they try something like this, but I think we are locked in the Thanos vault until Infinity War :/

They've got two after credits sequences. The first one can be Thanos searching for his Thanoscopter keys under his Thanoscouch cushions, the second can be Banner midway through some unexplained adventure.

duckroll

I don't think it really makes sense to spend a ton of effort on post-credit stuff. It's a waste especially when some of the audience won't bother staying for it. They should just be little easter eggs for the most hardcore fans. If they want to make a "What Banner was doing" mini-story, they should do a One Shot for the Civil War blu-ray. :p

They are...?

Well, goddamn. This is just Avengers 2 part 2 then.
Yeah the cast is insane

Captain America
Iron Man
Black Widow
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Vision
Hawkeye
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Sharon Carter
Baron Zemo
Crossbones
Thunderbolt Ross
Spider-Man
Whoever Martin Freeman is playing

TDLink

I don't think it really makes sense to spend a ton of effort on post-credit stuff. It's a waste especially when some of the audience won't bother staying for it. They should just be little easter eggs for the most hardcore fans. If they want to make a "What Banner was doing" mini-story, they should do a One Shot for the Civil War blu-ray. :p

I still wish they not only returned to one-shots but had them play in front of the films as shorts (like Pixar and Disney Animation Films). Much higher chance to get the big names involved that way and for everyone to see them. There's a lot of untapped potential there for short 3-5 minute or so stories.

danielcw

I still wish they not only returned to one-shots but had them play in front of the films as shorts (like Pixar and Disney Animation Films). Much higher chance to get the big names involved that way and for everyone to see them. There's a lot of untapped potential there for short 3-5 minute or so stories.

Yeah, I would like to see the same.
(it would also mean, that the One-Shots finally get dubbed)
But hey, they even got Ben Kingsley for a One-Shot.

TDLink

Yeah, I would like to see the same.
(it would also mean, that the One-Shots finally get dubbed)
But hey, they even got Ben Kingsley for a One-Shot.

It was cool that he (and Atwell) was game for one, but otherwise the big names tended to stay out of them. I'm talking about one shots for the actual Avengers characters.

duckroll

Totally agree. There was already a lot of potential in the One-Shots. Upgrading them to short companion films screened with new movies should be a no brainer. It would also be a great way for Marvel to test and showcase talent from passionate but less experienced crew internally in terms of directing and writing.

Yeah the cast is insane

Captain America
Iron Man
Black Widow
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Vision
Hawkeye
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Sharon Carter
Baron Zemo
Crossbones
Thunderbolt Ross
Spider-Man

I have no idea how that will be a coherent movie.

duckroll

I have no idea how that will be a coherent movie.

It's easy to be overwhelmed by the number of recognizable superheroes in the cast listing, but it's interesting to note that the total cast listed in the Civil War press release is only two more than the one in the press release when The Winter Soldier went into production.

The Winter Soldier had Captain America, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Alexander Pierce, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Maria Hill, Brock Rumlow, Georges Batroc, Peggy Carter, Arnim Zola, Agent 13, and Jasper Sitwell all listed in the press release.

Civil War has Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Winter Soldier, Falcon, The Vision, Hawkeye, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Agent 13, Crossbones, Thunderbolt Ross, and Son Distant Cousin of Thanos listed in the press release.

Characters can have a significant role in the film even if they are only in a single short scene. Peggy Carter and Arnim Zola being prime examples. They can also be characters who appear in a cool set piece but have no role in the larger story - like Batroc.

c-murph

Yeah the cast is insane

Captain America
Iron Man
Black Widow
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Vision
Hawkeye
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Sharon Carter
Baron Zemo
Crossbones
Thunderbolt Ross
Spider-Man

I thought that said Morgan Freeman. Kinda disappointed now.

It's easy to be overwhelmed by the number of recognizable superheroes in the cast listing, but it's interesting to note that the total cast listed in the Civil War press release is only two more than the one in the press release when The Winter Soldier went into production.

Yeah, don't expect most of the cast to have very much screen time. That is all saved for Cap and Iron man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom