• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexor0717

I look forward to Gamora and Black Widow meeting up. I know it hasn't even been a year, but it sucks that we won't see more of the Guardians for a while.

Just confirming.... the only big title (movies) coming out for the MCU in 2015 is Ant-Man, right? July ish?

There is nothing for the last 6 months of 2015, except maybe tv series (jessica jones)?

Neoxon

The whole "Time Gem being used to revive Pietro in Infinity War" theory could have some bearing. I recall there being an Empire podcast where Joss Whedon said that there were scenes filmed where Quicksilver makes it. Those scenes could be used for when the timeline is changed.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The whole "Time Gem being used to revive Pietro in Infinity War" theory could have some bearing. I recall there being an Empire podcast where Joss Whedon said that there were scenes filmed where Quicksilver makes it. Those scenes could be used for when the timeline is changed.

Pietros actor only wanted to do one movie... I dont think that they use the same footage, if they bring Quicksilver back,

Neoxon

Pietros actor only wanted to do one movie... I dont think that they use the same footage, if they bring Quicksilver back,
Actually Aaron Taylor-Johnson did respond to the question of if he wanted to come back with "I hope so". He enjoyed being attached to the franchise & wishes to do it again if given the chance. It's a common misconception (though not on the caliber as Chris Evans wanting out of the MCU).

danielcw

Part 2:
- Thanos is wrecking shit on earth with his gauntlet.
- All the avengers assemble: Cap Team, Old Team, Defenders (maybe?), Spider-Man, Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, every single person.
- Guardians of the Galaxy come to help too?
- Some big battle.
- ???
- Profit

I don't think that could carry a movie.

Who would be on Thanos side, by the way?
Is there a list of villains and good characters he could interact with when not facing heroes?

Actually Aaron Taylor-Johnson did respond to the question of if he wanted to come back with "I hope so". He enjoyed being attached to the franchise & wishes to do it again if given the chance. It's a common misconception (though not on the caliber as Chris Evans wanting out of the MCU).

Are there more common misconceptions?

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't think that could carry a movie.

Is there a list of villains and good characters he could interact with when not facing heroes?
Mephisto
Death herself.
They could introduce Adam Warlock as a some what friend of him.
If they want to go the more recent Route The BlackOrder, though if he had them, he wouldn't have relied on Loki and Ronan.

I hope they bring in the abstract beings and powers of the universe

El Topo

What about an even bigger generic CGI army? Joking aside, just take smaller villains and characters from the comics (e.g. Gaetar) and have them work for him.
I don't think they need to (or should) introduce the abstract beings.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
About Quicksilver
if Whedon were making Avengers 3 I could totally see Pietro being revived but only at the cost of another life, and I'd guarantee it would be Barton. Especially after the set-up of his normal life. But without Whedon, if Pietro is brought back I fear it'll be cheap and spoil the sacrifice.

Neoxon

About Quicksilver
if Whedon were making Avengers 3 I could totally see Pietro being revived but only at the cost of another life, and I'd guarantee it would be Barton. Especially after the set-up of his normal life. But without Whedon, if Pietro is brought back I fear it'll be cheap and spoil the sacrifice.
I only see the whole "one life for another" thing being done if the Time Stone is used to bring back Pietro (which is the most likely means of his return). But I wouldn't doubt the Russos, they know what they're doing. Though they'll likely wait until Infinity War before reviving him.

as much as i like Black Panther...in terms of the Infinity War he doesn't really bring much...

i know..he is smart as Tony and as great of fighter as cap...and he has his wakanda resources, but at the end of the day he is just another peak human character

Dr. Strange really brings the most power out of Phase 3 characters in terms of raw abilities

as much as i like Black Panther...in terms of the Infinity War he doesn't really bring much...

i know..he is smart as Tony and as great of fighter as cap...and he has his wakanda resources, but at the end of the day he is just another peak human character

Dr. Strange really brings the most power out of Phase 3 characters in terms of raw abilities

Captain Marvel and Black Bolt are up there too.

BBboy20

Dude, everyone is going to be needed when Thanos comes...

I really hope Thanos shows up with a squad of baddies instead of an army. Some Team v Team action instead of just thrashing mindless goons.

Black_Order_(Earth-616)_0002.jpg

Yeah it would definitely be a great change of pace.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
And a Season 2 of Agent Carter ...

please?

I hope, but the live ratings on that show were...not very good if I remember. For everyone who wants an Agent Carter type of show; no one seems to want to actually watch it when it comes on. :(

Showaddy

I think James Gunn mentioned that Thanos has more daughters that they're looking to introduce so could be interesting if they adapt some other characters like Moondragon to be part of his family assassin squad.

Sadist

So anyone have any thoughts on the Infinity War synopsis? Here's mine.

Part 1:
- Thanos goes around to the different stone locations and wrecks their shit one by one to get their gem. (Destroys Xandar, Kills the Collector, Wrecks Asgard, don't know for 2 other gems)
- Mind Stone is the final one, with Vision.
- Galactic forces from the galaxy (Led by Nova Corps?) invade Earth and people don't know why.
- Cap Avengers defeat them but discover what their goal was, to get Vision and keep the stone from Thanos.
- Thanos shows up and wrecks everyone's shit, kills Vision, takes the stone, and has the fullly equipped Infinity Gauntlet. End of Part 1.

Part 2:
- Thanos is wrecking shit on earth with his gauntlet.
- All the avengers assemble: Cap Team, Old Team, Defenders (maybe?), Spider-Man, Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, every single person.
- Guardians of the Galaxy come to help too?
- Some big battle.
- ???
- Profit
Honestly, I believe we'll get something a bit different

Pre-Infinty War
- During Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Thanos will obtain the majority of the stones
- The Guardians won't confront Thanos, but instead will travel to one of the locations to have a stone; earth
- during Thor Raqnarock while Thor is looking for answers he comes across the mad Titan. He gets crushed and Thanos takes the cosmic cube for himself.
- Back on Earth, a slightly new Avengers team have to adjust to Bucky being Cap. Scarlet Witch gets another premonition while touching Vision's gem.

Infinity War
- Thanos reaches earth and knows the final stone is here
- The New Avengers (Bucky Cap, Vision, Witch, Falcon, Panther and Strange) face off with the titan and they lose
- While Vision isn't killed, his damage is quite severe
- The New Avengers try to face off with a fully powered Thanos and are decimated, even with Ms. Marvel joining
- Broken they leave the battlefield; who can help them now?

Infinity War II

- The Guardians show up (Drax is excited)
- Spider-Man joins as well
- And to everyones surprise Hulk and Thor arrive.
- In a grand battle everybody is giving it their all, but to no avail
- But when defeat seems near, there is always Iron Man!
- Quips about how this is actually Strange's area of expertise
- And he uses one of the stones to bring back Steve
- Steve picks up Mjolnir and yells Avengers Assemble!
- Thor: "oh sure pick up Mjolnir, everybody does these days"
- Epic battle
- Yay super mega happy ending

If those guys are in Infinity War, I wonder which selected groups of heroes will take on each villain.

In the Infinity event a couple of years back they took on a high powered avengers team including captain marvel, hulk, thor, hyperion, cap and iron man. The Promixa Midnight of the Black Order nullified the Hulk's powers and took him out the fight early so yeah they're really powerful.

duckroll

https://youtu.be/xxymbXhrvDA?t=200

"I heard from Director Ando how great the action scenes were in the Marvel movie, Captain America: The Winter Soldier." - Jiro Ishii

One of the best action anime directors, Masahiro Ando, of Sword of the Stranger fame, acknowledges the awesome action in The Winter Soldier. <3

Pretty interesting quote from Whedon regarding cutting Age of Ultron.

The dreams were not an executive favourite. The dreams, the farmhouse, these were things I fought [for]. With the cave, they pointed a gun at the farm’s head and 'Give us the cave'. They got the farm. In a civilised way – I respect these guys, but that’s when it got really unpleasant. There was a point when there was going to be no cave, and Thor was going to leave and come back and say, 'I figured some stuff out.' And at that point I was so beaten down, I was like, 'Sure, okay... what movie is this?' The editors were like, 'No no, you have to show the thing, you just can’t say it.' I was like, 'Okay, thank you, we can figure this out!' You can tell it was beaten down, but it was hard won.

The whole feature's worth a read actually.

http://www.empireonline.com/features/joss-whedon-avengers-ultron-secrets/p5

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marvelfreshman/news/?a=120223#.VUtZokg3W_o.twitter

Infinity War Will Be Filmed Completely In IMAX Using Brand-New Camera

Directors Joe & Anthony Russo, who are filming Captain America: Civil War, said, "The intent with the Infinity War films is to bring ten years of accumulative storytelling to an incredible climax. We felt that the best way to exploit the scale and scope required to close out the final chapter of these three phases, was to be the first films shot entirely on the IMAX/ARRI Digital camera."

Meanwhile, Greg Foster, the Senior Executive Vice President of IMAX Corp. and CEO of IMAX Entertainment, explained that, "Over the years, IMAX has had the incredible good fortune to work with some of the world's finest, most talented filmmakers, who continue to push the envelope both technically and creatively," He continued, "We could not be more excited to deepen our partnership with Joe and Anthony Russo, a pair of filmmakers we believe are next-generation trailblazers. Marvel's Avengers franchise has become a global phenomenon and to have it pay off in this epic way using the IMAX/ARRI digital camera is the very definition of event movie-going."

embalm

Do we know if Antman is involved in Civil War?

It would be a shame if the end of phase 2 didn't tie into the start of phase 3 some how.

its cool that Agent 13 is back for CW. too bad she probably wont get much more screen time in this one either. Maybe she can show up on AoS more often or something

The hits keep on coming...

Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely will follow Captain America as they head to Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1” and “Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2”!

The duo behind the screenplays for Marvel’s “Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” and “Captain America: Civil War” will once again team with directors Joe and Anthony Russo for the two-part climax to Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1” will hit theaters May 4, 2018, with the second part following on May 3, 2019.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24589...te_marvels_2-part_avengers_infinity_war_event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom