• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Winter Soldier again the other day, and something kinda bugged me.

When Cap, Widow, and Falcon get captured, and then escape from the truck with the help of Maria Hill, how did they get Cap's shield and Falcon's wings back?

LaNaranja

I finally got around to reading the Civil War What-If? issue and I am betting that the MCU version of Civil War ends a lot like the second story in that book.

Also it has probably been posted in here already but Marvel Unlimited is free for a month right now with the promo code "ultron". Just remember to cancel it immediately so that you don't get charged the following month.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, I got myself Marvel Unlimited sub, but I don't know where to start.

When Cap, Widow, and Falcon get captured, and then escape from the truck with the help of Maria Hill, how did they get Cap's shield and Falcon's wings back?
Gear was in the same truck...maybe?

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, I got myself Marvel Unlimited sub, but I don't know where to start.

What are you interested in? When I got my sub, it was right before Guardians of the Galaxy came out, so I dove in and read everything Cosmic Marvel, using this chart here:

http://i.imgur.com/FUM3v.jpg (It only goes up to 2011, but once you've read up through it you'll have a firm grasp on things to branch out from there.)

Here's a great reddit FAQ for the best reads on any major character: http://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/wiki/faq

Biggest of all, Comic Book Herald as a butt-ton of guides, here is a starter one: http://www.comicbookherald.com/best-comics-on-marvel-digital-unlimited/

Enjoy!

What are you interested in? When I got my sub, it was right before Guardians of the Galaxy came out, so I dove in and read everything Cosmic Marvel, using this chart here:

http://i.imgur.com/FUM3v.jpg (It only goes up to 2011, but once you've read up through it you'll have a firm grasp on things to branch out from there.)

Here's a great reddit FAQ for the best reads on any major character: http://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/wiki/faq

Biggest of all, Comic Book Herald as a butt-ton of guides, here is a starter one: http://www.comicbookherald.com/best-comics-on-marvel-digital-unlimited/

Enjoy!
Thank you, that guide looks very informative! I'm interested in general Avengers stuff, but I'm open to iconic events like House of M.

rexor0717

That whole part is my one downside of the movie. They are in an armored van in which has another van behind it. They cut a hole in the floor of the van, but there is still an axle there. Either they somehow shimmy past it (wut) or they have to cut through it which would disable the van. Also how does the car behind them not see. After all that, they're in another van entirely when they arrive at the safehouse. Its nitpicky, but still.

What was the point of retconning the Mandarin in All Hail the King? It's very unlikely that we'll ever have another solo Iron Man film again. Was it just to please the whiny fans?

Penguin

What was the point of retconning the Mandarin in All Hail the King? It's very unlikely that we'll ever have another solo Iron Man film again. Was it just to please the whiny fans?

Yeah

The One-Shots just seem like mostly fan-service.

Which is fine since home release extras

danielcw

You know the joke that Captain America: Civil War might as well be called Avengers 2.5?!
I just realized, that it might actually happen in some places around the world.

In some countries, Winter Soldier was renamed.
For example in Germany the movie was called "The Return Of The First Avenger" - no "Captain America", no "Winter Soldier" in the title - and yes, the title was in English.
It reminded the movie going audiences that the movie continues the story of Avengers.
Might have been a good choice, because the Captain America movies are the least successful MCU movies in Germany, except Incredible Hulk.

So I wouldn't be surprised, if the next Captain America movie would be renamed to something like "The War Of The Avengers" :)

LaNaranja

Everyone hypes up Infinity Gauntlet and Annihilation but to me the original Secret Wars is still the best Marvel event. It serves as a great introduction to the Marvel universe with a ton of characters each getting their moment to shine and it makes it pretty clear where everyone ranks in the universe. I recommend reading 1-12 of that series.

http://marvel.com/comics/list/coreissue/?id=270&options%5Boffset%5D=0&totalcount=12

Neoxon

Everything is gone :D What about Defenders? :D
But ok, then I take Iron Fist.

You can still have the OTs, if you want.
Hopefully I'll be un-juniored by then (as long as I don't do anything stupid).

As for Defenders, that's a long way out, so we don't have to worry about that for now.

Yeah, but I think Marvel wants to reserve the right to use the Mandarin in the future if they so choose.

I care less about the Mandarin than about their nasty habit of perma-killing villains. They need to stop doing it.

Quick

Banned
Everything is gone :D What about Defenders? :D
But ok, then I take Iron Fist.

You can still have the OTs, if you want.

I don't think Season 2 is officially booked yet in the OT volunteer thread. But I don't think it'll be official until there's a release date.

Neoxon and I got Jessica Jones booked.

tomtom94

You know the joke that Captain America: Civil War might as well be called Avengers 2.5?!

For example in Germany the movie was called "The Return Of The First Avenger" - no "Captain America", no "Winter Soldier" in the title - and yes, the title was in English.
It reminded the movie going audiences that the movie continues the story of Avengers.
Might have been a good choice, because the Captain America movies are the least successful MCU movies in Germany, except Incredible Hulk.

So I wouldn't be surprised, if the next Captain America movie would be renamed to something like "The War Of The Avengers" :)
I reckon "Marvel's Civil War" will probably work.

Gambit

They also called the first Cap film "the First Avenger". I think the decision was mostly fuelled by disbelief in the success of Captain AMERICA. Thinking lingering anti-American resentments would work against the film. So instead they went with a title that had a synergy effect. (Incidentally Avengers in its first week in Germany was behind American Pie 4 in the charts... Imagine that).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I could see them finally returning to the Captain America branding.

Maybe someone should start a petition, worked with Amazing Spider-Man 2. Should be released here under the title Spider-Man 2: The Return of the Superhero.

duckroll

They also called the first Cap film "the First Avenger". I think the decision was mostly fuelled by disbelief in the success of Captain AMERICA. Thinking lingering anti-American resentments would work against the film. So instead they went with a title that had a synergy effect. (Incidentally Avengers in its first week in Germany was behind American Pie 4 in the charts... Imagine that).

The First Avenger was a subtitle though. I don't think Germany actually released the first movie without the Captain America title. I remember checking. It was the second movie which went entirely without Captain America, while in some other European regions it was "Captain America: Return of the First Avenger" instead of "The Winter Soldier".

danielcw

But "Captain America: The First Avenger" is the original title of the movie, not a German invention. Besides, that was Paramount, and not Buena Vista.
I think Disney/Buena Vista are more likely to play around with titles.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/germany/?yr=2012&wk=17&p=new
Avengers may have sold less tickets in its first weekend than American Reunion, but it had more gross. Blame it on the 3D-premium.

Quick

Banned
Doesnt matter now. Marvel sucks, releases only shit and killed the popcorn movies.

Who released the shit and killed the popcorn movies?
And who put the sticks up their butts?
That is cruel.

BuutC6tIAAIr9vL.jpg

Pachimari

I don't see much need for production threads anymore, when new news gets their own threads and basically works as a production thread until the next big news anyway.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
But I've subscribed to this thread. I can't be bothered to scour OT every hour of the day looking for new news on Marvel stuff. I want it aggregated here. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom