• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielcw

I'm so happy that Ant-Man gets a sequel!!!
But Captain Marvel got pushed again? Seriously?

So the timeline looks like this.

February 16: Black Panther
May 4 : Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1
July 6: Ant-Man and the Wasp

So no Marvel film in the fall. I would like if they had spread it out more.

March 8 : Captain Marvel
May 3: Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2
July 12: Inhumans

1 of the 3 2020 films are probably Spider-Man 2.

I guess we talked about this before.
But how do we expect Infinty War to be structured, if there is one year between movies, and presumely the timeline marches on during the other 2 movies and all TV shows?

p..s: still would like both parts to have unique subtitles

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Remember that they also have the Star Wars movies + spin-offs as well as the Pixar movies and the Disney live-action movies. For instance, I believe the Captain Marvel slot might have been poached by what will end up being Beauty and the Beast live-action (believe Emma Watson is signed up to be Belle). Disney may not want competition at that point.

tomtom94

Would be if you intend to release the movie internationally at the same time.

I think this year Hollywood has made more money overseas than they have in the US with their movies.

They have, but AoU and Ant-Man were both staggered releases.

jph139

I guess we talked about this before.
But how do we expect Infinty War to be structured, if there is one year between movies, and presumely the timeline marches on during the other 2 movies and all TV shows?

p..s: still would like both parts to have unique subtitles

I remember reading - and I may be wrong - that they were originally two separate films that seemed to connect thematically, so they just made it a two-parter.

So my suspicion is that the first will be purely cosmic (somewhere between Thanos Quest, Guardians 3, and maybe even Thor 4), ending with Thanos heading to Earth, and the second half will be an Earth-based Avengers 3 with the Guardians tossed in.

As such, Earth will be blissfully unaware of the coming danger. Captain Marvel, with her cosmic ties, could have a stinger with her realizing Thanos is coming and going to warn the Avengers or something.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Remember that they also have the Star Wars movies + spin-offs as well as the Pixar movies and the Disney live-action movies. For instance, I believe the Captain Marvel slot might have been poached by what will end up being Beauty and the Beast live-action (believe Emma Watson is signed up to be Belle). Disney may not want competition at that point.
Actually other Disney movies movies is a non factor, since we are getting GotG Vol2 and EpVIII just a couple of weeks apart.

neoanarch

Whoa Ant-Man news outta nowhere. I'll bet a Carol movie never gets made. They need to drop her and give the mantle back to the true Captain Marvel. Monica Rambeau.

Showaddy

Whoa Ant-Man news outta nowhere. I'll bet a Carol movie never gets made. They need to drop her and give the mantle back to the true Captain Marvel. Monica Rambeau.

Monica's to progressive. Imagine how badly Tumblr would implode if they announced the first look at Captain Marvel and....

captain_mar-vell.gif

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Actually other Disney movies movies is a non factor, since we are getting GotG Vol2 and EpVIII just a couple of weeks apart.

I think those dates were set prior to Lucasfilm going to Disney? I imagine Disney has some say though - they may move the movies that they can. That or their marketing people are going to demand raises. o_0

It just seems odd that they've had November movies for some time, and then they decided to pretty much remove them all until 2020.

The bigger concern to me with the upcoming date was that there had been no casting of Captain Marvel yet.

I do see the Star Wars / Avengers months...that's going to be insane.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

Monica Rambeau as Captain Marvel would be a dis service to Mar Veil and Monica , the only person it makes sense for is Carol Danvers. Monica doesn't even need that title, Caron Danvers having the title without Mar Veil being a huge part of the film doesn't even make sense.

Anth0ny

I think those dates were set prior to Lucasfilm going to Disney? I imagine Disney has some say though - they may move the movies that they can. That or their marketing people are going to demand raises. o_0

It just seems odd that they've had November movies for some time, and then they decided to pretty much remove them all until 2020.

The bigger concern to me with the upcoming date was that there had been no casting of Captain Marvel yet.

I do see the Star Wars / Avengers months...that's going to be insane.

Didn't they announce episodes 7, 8 and 9 the day disney acquired lucasfilm?

I feel like GOTG has to move. two huge films that have similar themes from the same studio that will absolutely cannibalize each other. episode 8 is may 26 2017 because that's the 40th anniversary of the original Star Wars, so I feel like they aren't moving that date no matter what.

TDLink

GotG 2 was announced for the late July 2017 date that Spider-Man now has right before the first film even came out, at comic-con. The rest of the dates weren't publically announced until October, also last year. That was well after the Lucasfilm acquisition. Then GotG 2 only moved this year after the Spider-Man announcement.

Neoxon

GotG 2 was announced for the late July 2017 date that Spider-Man now has right before the first film even came out, at comic-con. The rest of the dates weren't publically announced until October, also last year. That was well after the Lucasfilm acquisition. Then GotG 2 only moved this year after the Spider-Man announcement.
Actually Guardians Vol. 2 was moved to May 2017 as of the Marvel Studios Phase 3 press conference, with Thor: Ragnarök taking up the July spot. Then along came a spider.

He has the Ether that was given to him by the Asgardians at the end of Thor 2. Thanos or his buddies will need to take that gem from him.

Well.. he took the Aether in. Given what happened in GOTG, we don't know that he actually *has* it in his immediate possession.

Majanew

Banned
Well.. he took the Aether in. Given what happened in GOTG, we don't know that he actually *has* it in his immediate possession.

Yeah, the Reality Gem might be missing after that explosion. Adam Warlock could have grabbed it when he left his cocoon. I kinda expect Guardians 2 to be about them going to find the Reality Gem and possibly head back to Nova Corps to retrieve the Power Gem -- where they could introduce Nova. Word should be out about someone trying to collect all 6 gems, so they need to make sure they're safe and secure. Maybe Nebula will be the main villain. Just my random speculation on how Marvel's gonna do all of this, lol.

Web armpits for his short appearance in Civil War so Tony can make fun of them.

And then remove them for the Spidey movies.

jk, leave them foreveeer

Neoxon

As I've said in the other rumor thread, I'm gonna call bullshit on this. Not only did Kevin Feige say that he plans to incorporate TV elements into the movies, but there's also the fact that Black Panther got pushed forward rather than back.

Moral of the story, the Bleeding Cool guys should really avoid that bar.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, they're not cancelling Inhumans. Nothing any of the divisions are doing right now even hints at that being a remote possibility.

That said, I think the rift between TV and film does exist to some extent and I could see them eventually splitting TV off into its own universe.

Regardless of whatever lip service from Feige. 'Cause until they deliver, that's really all it is.

Pachimari

At NYCC '15, Diesel was back at it teasing a potential Marvel role that requires his presence, but not his voice.

"I can totally be something [else] with Marvel,” the actor told io9. “I think playing that role only makes Marvel that much more excited and me having my experience with Marvel, seeing how great they were, makes me more excited.

We’ve heard a lot of talk about Marvel wanting to have me play a character that doesn’t have my voice. So my voice is used for Groot and my presence is used for the other character."

Black Bolt incoming.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I wonder if Hulk got from crashing into the ocean to Planet Hulk by finding one of those dimensional portal obelisks from Agents of SHIELD at the bottom of the ocean. That would be a nice TV to movie crossover.

eastx

I wonder if Hulk got from crashing into the ocean to Planet Hulk by finding one of those dimensional portal obelisks from Agents of SHIELD at the bottom of the ocean. That would be a nice TV to movie crossover.

That really would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom