• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Thor: Ragnarok director incoming?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/thor-ragnarok-lands-new-director

Taiki Waititi is in talks to direct "Thor: Ragnarok" following his work on the vampire spoof "What We Do In the Shadows," which he co-wrote and co-directed. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ruben Fleischer, Rob Letterman and Rawson Marshall Thurber were also considered for the job.

Marvel veterans Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost will co-write the next installment of the God of Thunder's solo big-screen adventures. Starring Chris Hemsworth, "Thor Ragnarok" is scheduled to open on July 28, 2017.

Sorry for the bump, but I came across this image on 9Gag
my shame knows no bounds
and I thought it'd be a cool idea to introduce into the MCU.

a9PX5v1_460s.jpg

Granted, its a bit of a far-fetched idea with the villains coming back as the pawns of Thanos, but it would give Marvel a chance to really do these villains justice; Ultron minus his quip module, an actually menacing Ronan, Red Skull without the comic over-acting, and Malekith with some semblance of a personality.

exYle

my shame knows no bounds

Granted, its a bit of a far-fetched idea with the villains coming back as the pawns of Thanos, but it would give Marvel a chance to really do these villains justice; Ultron minus his quip module, an actually menacing Ronan, Red Skull without the comic over-acting, and Malekith with some semblance of a personality.

Always a cool idea, but remember that Malekith didn't die from the Aether, he died from being crushed by his ship.

Always a cool idea, but remember that Malekith didn't die from the Aether, he died from being crushed by his ship.
& Christopher Eccleston doesn't do sequels/returns usually.

I think the villains for the remaining gems (I'm guessing Guardians 2 and Dr Strange) would be more interesting in any case.

Gambit

my shame knows no bounds

It's not a new theory, I've read this "rumour" a couple of times before. Personally, I think it could be a great idea, but I think it's unlikely. I could see it as most likely for the Red Skull, if not for the Hugo Weaving situation.

My hope at the moment is that Infinity War 1 is told from the perspective of Thanos, and his helpers. He would first go to Xandar, destroy the Nova Corps, get the stone there. Then the Collector. Then he'd battle the Asgardian forces (weakened by Ragnarok) and get the Gauntlet and stone there. By then we have established how strong Thanos really is and he'd now go to earth (about 45 mins into Infinty War 1).
On earth he'd battle the Avengers (as they are after Civil War) and beat them to the next stone (possibly ripping Vision apart to get the Mind Stone). All seems lost, Infinity War 1 ends, but not before we hear Steve Rogers finally say (as the last words of the film) "Avengers Assemble!".
After-credits teaser: Some Guardians board a ship to earth.

Infinity War 2 is the old heroes coming together with the remaining strong new-ones (Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange).

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
my shame knows no bounds

comic over acting? the movie was the one that sanitized Red Skull and made him a general mad man out of fear of blow back from making someone that damn racist evil ,nazi and german. It was really nice of them to add the scene of him killing german soldiers smart move disney lets all hug and lament that he was going to blow up Berlin awwww. Get real, that was the nicest Red Skull in the history of the universe and it was for the sake of film fans not because thats how he is in the comics. Hell the well racially integrated Hydra alone makes me laugh every Tuesday at 10pm.

Ronan was plenty menacing his motivation was just lame, one planet is nothing to the kree empire and therefore nothing to an accuser the kree let alone one as high up as Ronan. Bomb it and move on. They tried to have these religious fervor being part of Ronan when his god is the very empire of the kree and its advancement. Its's an honor culture based on works and power , Xandar is nothing to the Kree

I agree about Ultron but thats Whedons way he should've done Kang or something he cannot do actually evil villains he doesn't seem to grasp that concept or believe its possible and its evident in his work over the decades. He's the anti John Carpenter who was the master of making purely evil things on screen. Whedon is all about relative good and evil. Ultron would let him watch as he killed or enslaved everyone around Whedon and saved him for last for the mere fact that his worldview is of no threat to him.

Malekith is just ...well terrible and that is because all of Thor is being tentatively done and it would make no sense to do him as the dark elf in between life and death with hounds and a bat shit personality. The appraoch to Thor was bad from the start , high tech space vikings instead of being a culture with applied skills and craftsmanship, along with an affinity to magic. It's shoe horned into a dumb corner now, That was probably because of money though , It's cheaper than being a LoTR type of production which what Thor would require to be done well.

"We talk about [One-Shots] a lot actually, because when you have tables like that (lots of potential storylines, most unexplored in the finished film), and we go, What are we going to do with Cosmo? We should do a one shot with Michael Pena.

Man, I really hope this comes about eventually.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
He was so coated in makeup in that film (and his character written so blandly) that he could probably be replaced without too many people noticing the difference, even though Eccleston himself is a fine actor.
... I not even recognized him and I watched the first new Season of Dr. Who until last week.... Wow

TDLink

I'm glad they're at least thinking of using Cosmo for more than a visual cameo. One-shot or no, he needs to have a big role in GotG Vol 2.

Pachimari

That's what I am really hoping for. For Cosmo to have a big part in the team.

Can someone recommend me some comics with Cloak and Dagger?
I thought they were small joke characters but apparently they're great.

PS: I think we should add Marvel's Most Wanted and Marvel's Damage Control to the rumor section of the OP.

TDLink

That's what I am really hoping for. For Cosmo to have a big part in the team.

Can someone recommend me some comics with Cloak and Dagger?
I thought they were small joke characters but apparently they're great.

PS: I think we should add Marvel's Most Wanted and Marvel's Damage Control to the rumor section of the OP.

Damage Control isn't a rumour and is already part of the TV section.

Majanew

Banned

They got the wrong date. Thor was moved to Nov 3, 2017.

Spider-Man is now Jul 28.

my shame knows no bounds

I've had a feeling Marvel might bring them back for the finale. Part of me thinks it could be cool; the other part of me just wants Thanos to show how powerful he is and wreck these fools by himself. Could just have them all defeated by time Thanos has all 6 gems in the gauntlet -- then it's all of the "heroes" vs Thanos for the most intense, most awesome, most kick ass fight in movie history. A 30 min (at least) non-stop fight that has people passing out from how amazing it is. Thanos standing at the end with everyone dead at his feet.

jph139

I actually first saw Avengers at a campus showing - was a great time. They showed Guardians at some point, too. I miss free movies... and snacks...

Bronx-Man

Banned
https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/130619633351/spider-man-reboot-director-hints-miles-morales

Miles Morales may appear alongside Peter Parker in the Spider-Man reboot, according to director Jon Watts.

New thread worthy?

Oh man. Nothing against Miles, but the Miles beggers will continue to be the worst -,-

Ugh. Boredom character gets treatment just because internet mob hypes him up for no reason, yaaay
cFoHq1o.gif

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
New thread worthy?

no but i do wonder how they would do a same world ultimate spiderman with spiderman, I kinda like the mantle passing from Parker to Morales after a full fleshed out storyline that Parker got in the comics , doing palette swaps are all the rave these days and they suck....every generation has their foil cover hologram craze i guess.

Bronx-Man

Banned
no but i do wonder how they would do a same world ultimate spiderman with spiderman, I kinda like the mantle passing from Parker to Morales after a full fleshed out storyline that Parker got in the comics , doing palette swaps are all the rave these days and they suck....every generation has their foil cover hologram craze i guess.

From the sound of that interview, it feels less like Miles would just take over as Spidey one day and more like if he did show up, he would be the War Machine to Peter's Iron Man.

From the sound of that interview, it feels less like Miles would just take over as Spidey one day and more like if he did show up, he would be the War Machine to Peter's Iron Man.

Nah. I think it would be more of an easter egg thing if it happened while simultaneously allowing Marvel/Sony the option of Miles in the future. I mean that would allow for them to reboot Spidey without actually rebooting the series, if they wanted to go that direction later. It wouldn't retcon the Peter stuff but would still allow for entirely different Spidey stories.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom