• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curb

Banned
Phase 3 Update

Marvel’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp.” July 6, 2018

“Black Panther” moving up to February 16, 2018

Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” landing on March 8, 2019

Gawdammit

Edit: as much as I'm good with Ant-Man and Black Panther, I feel like Marvel is actively trying to crush my little soul with Carol.

Pachimari

I'm so happy that Ant-Man gets a sequel!!!
But Captain Marvel got pushed again? Seriously?

So the timeline looks like this.

February 16: Black Panther
May 4 : Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1
July 6: Ant-Man and the Wasp

So no Marvel film in the fall. I would like if they had spread it out more.

March 8 : Captain Marvel
May 3: Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2
July 12: Inhumans

1 of the 3 2020 films are probably Spider-Man 2.

I'm so happy that Ant-Man gets a sequel!!!
But Captain Marvel got pushed again? Seriously?

So the timeline looks like this.

February 16: Black Panther
May 4 : Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1
July 6: Ant-Man and the Wasp

So no Marvel film in the fall. I would like if they had spread it out more.

Same as this year, too. Just AoS and Agent Carter to represent the Marvel properties.

March 8 : Captain Marvel
May 3: Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2
July 12: Inhumans

1 of the 3 2020 films are probably Spider-Man 2.

One will be Lady Thor or Ms. Marvel. Betcha anything.

Pachimari

Same as this year, too. Just AoS and Agent Carter to represent the Marvel properties.

Exactly. Which is why I want Marvel to spread out the movies, and release one in November.

Oh, and the 3 2020 films will probably be Spider-Man 2, Dr. Strange 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - but I hope we get new IP's for Phase 4 but I don't know which superheroes they could do next.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Exactly. Which is why I want Marvel to spread out the movies, and release one in November.

Oh, and the 3 2020 films will probably be Spider-Man 2, Dr. Strange 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - but I hope we get new IP's for Phase 4 but I don't know which superheroes they could do next.
Fantastic Four!

They had better introduce her before that solo movie. If she misses Infinity War, imma cry.

Feige has given every indication that Carol will appear in a movie before her solo outing but who knows if she will wait until then to get her powers.

Surely Captain Marvel will at least be a part of IW2.

Pachimari

Everything about the MCU is getting so exciting! Jessica Jones is out in a month, Luke Cage is filming, Daredevil S2 is filming, Damage Control is announced, Most Wanted is getting made, and now Black Panther moves up, Ant-Man gets a sequel and 3 movie slots announced for 2020. Oh, and of course Agents of Shield is guaranteed a Season 4, and Agent Carter arrives just after Jessica Jones.

Everything about the MCU is getting so exciting! Jessica Jones is out in a month, Luke Cage is filming, Daredevil S2 is filming, Damage Control is announced, Most Wanted is getting made, and now Black Panther moves up, Ant-Man gets a sequel and 3 movie slots announced for 2020. Oh, and of course Agents of Shield is guaranteed a Season 4, and Agent Carter arrives just after Jessica Jones.

I mean...damn, son. If this is drinking from the firehose, keep that bad boy turned on.

curb

Banned
Feige has given every indication that Carol will appear in a movie before her solo outing but who knows if she will wait until then to get her powers.

Surely Captain Marvel will at least be a part of IW2.

I'd be totally fine with them mentioning her back story in passing for IW1 and then getting into it more for her solo flick. I guess we'll see.

Pachimari

Which heroes could get their own movie after Phase 3 (not talking sequels)?

I'm thinking Nova maybe? But guys like Moon Knight, Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel will probably be made for TV.

Neoxon

Which heroes could get their own movie after Phase 3 (not talking sequels)?

I'm thinking Nova maybe? But guys like Moon Knight, Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel will probably be made for TV.
I'm hoping for Richie to expand the cosmic side of things, & I could see Kamala getting her own show.

As for recent news, I'm glad Ant-Man got a sequel. Scott totally earned it.

Pachimari

I feel like a kid every day waking up. Checking out the Marvel threads on GAF is the first thing I do in the morning, and hopefully news turns up, like today with the Jessica Jones teaser, Ant-Man sequel and Phase 3 date changes.

Neoxon

I feel like a kid every day waking up. Checking out the Marvel threads on GAF is the first thing I do in the morning, and hopefully news turns up, like today with the Jessica Jones teaser, Ant-Man sequel and Phase 3 date changes.
I know how you feel, man. It's great to live in the Golden Age of Comic Book Movies.

Parch

The MCU train keeps rolling.
I finally got around to seeing Age of Ultron and really liked it. Maybe not the best Marvel movie, but they did a good job with team building to set up the Avengers for future projects.

I'm really liking what they're doing with the MCU. It's quality stuff for comic fans and I can't get enough.

Pachimari

I know how you feel, man. It's great to live in the Golden Age of Comic Book Movies.

Yeah, especially when one loves ALL of the comic book adaption. Be it DC, Marvel or whatever. I love all of it, and I'm taking it all in.
Though Marvel is my baby, and the MCU is the only thing I collect.

Neoxon

Yeah, especially when one loves ALL of the comic book adaption. Be it DC, Marvel or whatever. I love all of it, and I'm taking it all in.
Though Marvel is my baby, and the MCU is the only thing I collect.
This

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10...ollars/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Avengers: Infinity War 1&2 have a combined budget of 1 BILLION dollars.
Ike Perlmutter would never have approved a budget like that.

Those 2 could easily pull $3 billion at the box office combined. It's also double the production budget of AOU for each.
Holy Shit!!!!! I see Kevin Feige's increased creative & financial freedom is going into effect sooner rather than later.

In huddled conversation with very well sourced comic book film insiders in New York bars last night, before New York Comic Con, there was one big topic of conversation. That the next two Avengers films, Infinity War Part One and Two, will have a combined production budget of one billion dollars.
I don't buy it. I will when there is something more reliable than hearsay.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10...ollars/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

VZ76nxH.jpg

Dai101

Banned
Phase 3 Update

Gawdammit

Edit: as much as I'm good with Ant-Man and Black Panther, I feel like Marvel is actively trying to crush my little soul with Carol.

CJsbgZW.gif
CJsbgZW.gif

CJsbgZW.gif
CJsbgZW.gif

This, DC plus Star Wars we are truly blessed brehs never thought in my life we'd have a year with Deadpool, Civil War, Batman V Superman, Suicide Squad, Dr Strange and a spin-off Star Wars film coming in the same year.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Yay for Ant-Man and the Wasp!
YAY for BP moving up!

Now WTAF do they keep pushing Captain Marvel?!?

My theory is that they want the Agent Carter show runners to do the movie

You have your writers already

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/13/marvel-studios-looks-hire-female-writing-duo-captain-marvel

Then earlier this year

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/23/captain-marvel-comics-agent-carter-writers-take-over

You have the Agent Carter show runners tabbed to write the re-introduction comic of Carol. Why tab them do it (and potentially distract from Agent Carter Season 2)...unless you already have plans to have be the creative force behind Captain Marvel? You bump the movie out because you probably need more time to get them ready.

tomtom94

I just realized that Black Panther is now coming on Black History Month.

BP being moved forward was just the *best* news, but that's the icing on the cake.

Captain Marvel is coming on International Women's Day, too, if I'm not mistaken Which I suspect might not be the PR get-out they're hoping for, especially once staggered releases are taken into account, but you know, whatever

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
BP being moved forward was just the *best* news, but that's the icing on the cake.

Captain Marvel is coming on International Women's Day, too, if I'm not mistaken Which I suspect might not be the PR get-out they're hoping for, especially once staggered releases are taken into account, but you know, whatever

Would be if you intend to release the movie internationally at the same time.

I think this year Hollywood has made more money overseas than they have in the US with their movies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom