• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moppeh

Banned
Probably setting them up for future films. I'm sure Marvel is aware of how throwaway their villains are, so maybe they are trying to combat this in the Doctor Strange movies and other films going forward.

Implementing them early on and giving the villains some sort of arc would certainly help in making better antagonists in the MCU.

Pachimari

I think it is time for a Dr Strange Production Thread. Filming has begun in Nepalm and we have our first look for Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr Strange.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
We do? Where?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1134866

Fantaken picture of the shooting.

CS97vOEUkAAJDS1.jpg

Pachimari

I don't like the hair he is donning there and the lack of a beard worries me. He might not look like the Dr Strange I love but I'll probably get used to it.

I'm not used to the look of Ultimate Peter Parker as well but I don't mind.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I don't like the hair he is donning there and the lack of a beard worries me. He might not look like the Dr Strange I love but I'll probably get used to it.

I'm not used to the look of Ultimate Peter Parker as well but I don't mind.

Presumably it's in his desperate hobo trying to heal his hands phase. Hence why he looks so raggedy.

Pachimari

New images have emerged which gives us a much better look at Cumberbatch as Dr Strange, and what a beard.

Dr Strange will reportedly also be American instead of British.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Socis for the Captain America: The First Avenger Guidebook are up:

1129904.jpg

Artists: O'Sullivan, Mike / Ohotmu Team, The / Mundo, Mike Del Mundo

Writer: O'Sullivan, Mike

Erscheinungsdatum: 27.01.2016

Captain America takes center stage as the MCU Guidebooks' comprehensive coverage of the fan-favorite Marvel Studios films and Marvel TV shows continues! Look back on the dark days of World War II as we declassify the secrets of Project Rebirth! Featuring fact sheets, movie-to-comic comparisons and production stills, this issue is packed with profiles of Steve 'Captain America' Rogers himself; patriotic allies including Bucky Barnes, Peggy Carter, Dr. Abraham Erskine and the Howling Commandos; enemies of liberty including Hydra, Arnim Zola and the Red Skull; and updates on Howard Stark and Nick Fury! Plus: Cap's mighty shield! The Tesseract! Yggdrasil the World-Tree! And more! Relive the big-screen thrills of Marvel's Captain America: The First Avenger right here, and continue building your indispensable library of Cinematic Universe reference books! Rated T+

Anth0ny

So...

But we can now break the news that the first trailer for Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse will also be attached to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, meaning Fox was able to score prime placement for director Bryan Singer’s superhero sequel.

I think I can say with 100% certainty that this is one of the perks of the "Fantastic Four rights going back to Marvel" deal.

/prays

TDLink

So...

I think I can say with 100% certainty that this is one of the perks of the "Fantastic Four rights going back to Marvel" deal.

/prays

We can hope...but I don't think that alone is a guarantee. Star Wars is going to be the biggest film this year, I am sure plenty of next year's blockbusters are negotiating trailer spots with Disney. One will certainly go to Civil War though.

Pachimari

Peyton Reed is excited about working on the Ant-Man sequel from the start:
"I think one of the appealing things about coming back for a sequel is to be able to build it from the ground up this time," said Peyton Reed. "Also, [there’s] stuff that we clearly set up in the first movie that we want to pay off and have fun with in the second movie. Since we know the origins, we can go in some weird, unique and different territory."

And focus on the Wasp, who will play a larger role through the upcoming Phase 3 movies:
About Ant-Man and the Wasp giving Paul Rudd's Scott Lang and Evangeline Lilly's Hope Van Dyne equal billing, Reed said, "It just happened to be organic for the characters of Ant-Man and Wasp, [so] it worked." He added, "Her last line in the movie — 'It's about damn time' — [is] very much about her specific character and arc in that movie, but it is absolutely about a larger thing. It's about damn time: We're going to have a fully realized, very very complicated hero in the next movie who happens to be a woman."

Russo Brothers and Reed's plan for Ant-Man is in sync:
And to make sure the Russo brothers' plans for Scott Lang are in sync with his, Peyton Reed says that he's read that movie's script and has even seen rough cut footage which he describes as "fantastic!" He also admits to being a bit jealous of Ant-Man working with someone else. "There was definitely a point where I was a little envious," he joked. "I felt a proprietary thing over that character. I remember to say to Paul, 'You're going down to Atlanta to work with those other guys?' It was like my girlfriend had left me for someone else."

Peyton think Fox got the tone wrong in Fantastic Four:
I just personally feel like they have not gotten the tone right. And man, it's a bummer. I think the tone has got to be one of optimism, and you've got to take it seriously." As for what else the Fantastic Four films so far have gotten wrong, Reed says, "I think they haven't really gotten Mr. Fantastic's powers right visually on screen." He continued, "I think there's some really badass ways to make that [character] work. I just know there's a great Fantastic Four movie to be had. I'm convinced that it can work."

It was Reed's decision to have a greater emphasis on Hope van Dyne and Janet van Dyne:
"That was one of the things that was important to me in the first movie when I came on was emphasizing the Wasp more, both Hope Van Dyne and Janet Van Dyne...It’s such a no-brainer that there needs to be female heroes. It’s about keeping the stories interesting and having fresh stories to tell. I always like that about Ant-Man and Wasp because it dealt with gender politics as well as superhero stuff. In the comics, particularly in the ’60s comics, the Janet Van Dyne Wasp was clearly written by all men and was pretty one-dimensional. She’s gotten much more dimensionalized since then. That’s one of those things that I think is going to be really exciting and fresh about this movie. You do feel a certain amount of responsibility. At the end of the day it’s organic to that character and the movie.”

Penguin

So...

/prays

I don't believe that's how trailer placement works for movies...

Disney and Fox don't necessarily negotiate with each other

eastx

Sorry, I forgot the link. Normally I put it in there.
Here and here. Also, I didn't read that Yahoo link you provided.

And I think my quoting is fine, thank you very much. You must be having a bad day, policing stuff and everything. I don't need you to do that.

I'm a journalist, so naturally I'm wary when people don't source properly and such. No need to get snippy when someone politely points out a mistake.

Pachimari

I'm a journalist, so naturally I'm wary when people don't source properly and such. No need to get snippy when someone politely calls you out on a mistake.
Your post didn't read politely at all, which is why I got all snippy in my reply. I'm a former editor as well, but I don't mind much if people link the source or not. But in this case, I genuinely forgot about it.

I always figured it was up to the distributors. I mean they're concerned with lining up with the audience, but by in large, it's not up to the theaters themselves.

I went looking, and found an article that explains how things go:

The "quadrant" system. As many as six trailers play before features at major chains, like AMC and Regal. The studio releasing a given film typically has automatic rights to two of these slots, and theater executives (in consultation with higher-ups from various studios) select the remaining four. Though theoretically studios and theaters could attach any trailer to any movie, they usually decide which releases to promote by using the "quadrant" system, which divides potential audiences into four different categories: men under 25, women under 25, men over 25, and women over 25. Before chick flicks, theaters play previews for romantic dramas as well as romantic comedies, because they figure that's what young women will eventually want to see.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Zavvi UK with tons of new MCU Blu-Ray Steelbooks

Thor 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook
14. December 2015

Captain America: The First Avenger 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook
23. November 2015

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook
30. November 2015

Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook
30. November 2015

Iron Man 2 - Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook
07. December 2015

Iron Man 3 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook
07. December 2015

Thor: Dark World 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook
14. December 2015
[/quote]

Was to late for Thor 1 and dont have money for The First Avenger :/

Pachimari

Super nice steelbooks, but they probably won't be available when I have the funds for em.

Do every MCU movie release have a steelbook now? Iron Man 1? Hulk?

Agent Carter's steelbook were cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom