• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

Zavvi UK with tons of new MCU Blu-Ray Steelbooks

Can you or someone else try to post when the Steelbooks you showed that aren't available for preorder yet become available? I want Guardians in the worst way, but it's not up for preorder.

jmood88

North America needs more steelbook releases :
I've never understood why people make such a big deal over steelbooks. Are y'all framing them after you buy them or something? I pretty much never see the cases again after I take the discs out and put them in the binders I have.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I've never understood why people make such a big deal over steelbooks. Are y'all framing them after you buy them or something? I pretty much never see the cases again after I take the discs out and put them in the binders I have.
Its a nice collectors item. I mean, why do people collect stuff?

jmood88

Its a nice collectors item. I mean, why do people collect stuff?

There are a lot of things that people collect that don't make much sense and dvd/blu ray cases are among them for me. At least with something like toys, as useless as I find them, you can display them but I've never seen anyone who does anything with a steelbook beyond sticking it on a shelf where you can't even see what the thing looks like.

Pachimari

Bluray cases and steelbooks can be shown as well.

dBjtcFj.jpg

Pachimari

They had all kinds of Marvel stuff at the Disney store in Mallorca. I also got myself a Punisher t-shirt but that was in Sweden earlier this year.

I need to get the blu-ray's of Agents of Shield S2 and Agent Carter S1 as well.

Slyonic

Neo Member
Ok, no problem^^ Anyone from UKs MarvelGAF will buy it^^

I got the AoS blu-ray from Zavvi and it does not have German dub or subtitles.

I'm a bit disappointed they were only selling the digipack, because it's bigger than a normal blu-ray case, so it doesn't fit well with the rest of my MCU collection. Can't find the normal cover anywhere to print, so that's a shame.

Super nice steelbooks, but they probably won't be available when I have the funds for em.

Do every MCU movie release have a steelbook now? Iron Man 1? Hulk?

Agent Carter's steelbook were cool too.

They made for every movie even a couple of those, for example:

Iron Man Kimchi Edition

Blufans Edition

Zavvi Edition

Play.com Exclusive

For the incredible Hulk they made only this one, but they're releasing a new one next year

And yes for Agent Carter Season 1 Zavvi is releasing a Steelbook this year :)

When do zavvi take cash for pre orders?

Right after sending it you get charged.

Jessica Jones tomorrow

Im wondering... since they only sent reviewers the first 7 eps

How much of the future will be telegraphed in the final moments? Clearly they are downplaying the connective tissue... even with defenders (despite rumored appearance of Matt)

Will Jessica pop in to Daredevil season 2? We know Luke Cage and Night Nurse are in.

Ok heres the even larger long shot.... what about Spidey? Civil War is locked down for his debut but at some point

Netflix and Film have to be on the same page.. i mean there is are too many deep connections that spidey has with so many characters. I cant thing of a larger 'bridge" character than Spidey but clearly they arent drawing too heavy from the comics side and licensing, crossover, actor deals AND dealing with Sony as a third party

I want Marvel to take those buttloads of Cash and deliver what dreams are made of ya know!

Pachimari

I don't think there'll be any larger connections to the movies in Jessica Jones. And we don't know if Luke Cage will turn up in Daredevil S2, just that his bar is there. And Spidey will definitely not show up in the shows.

I don't think there'll be any larger connections to the movies in Jessica Jones. And we don't know if Luke Cage will turn up in Daredevil S2, just that his bar is there. And Spidey will definitely not show up in the shows.

yeah it certainly seems that way but you know there has to be some hooks and surprises in store somewhere

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
As much as I want to, I'm not going to binge watch JJ tomorrow. I'll watch 1 episode and spread it out, like I did with Daredevil
3AQmK.gif

As much as I want to, I'm not going to binge watch JJ tomorrow. I'll watch 1 episode and spread it out, like I did with Daredevil
3AQmK.gif

I WISH i could binge it

Ill probably get through it in a few days at least though

too excited for some high quality marvel content

Ive basically already rewatched daredevil again at this point in preparation

Pachimari

Came to think about Jessica Jones, how do you rank the ladies of the MCU?

I have a soft spot for Wanda and Karen. And Bobbi is seriously growing on me, the more she use her battons and fights in the field.

Pachimari

To people wondering how much continuation or how many ties Jessica Jones will have to the rest of the MCU:

Jessica Jones is easily the least homework-requiring Marvel property we’ve seen since, like, the first Iron Man movie in 2008. Even Netflix’s Daredevil — which takes place around the same time and in the same neighborhood as this show — was more closely tied to the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe than Jessica Jones.

Source:

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

I have a soft spot for Wanda and Karen. And Bobbi is seriously growing on me, the more she use her battons and fights in the field.

Ugh, throw Karen Page at the bottom of that list. Take personality-less Wanda down with her. Move Gamora up a bit. Move Peggy WAY up; shameful how low she is.

jph139

Hmm, let's see...

Top Tier - Peggy Carter, Scarlet Witch, Sif, Nebula
Good Tier - Black Widow, Betty Ross, Pepper, Skye/Daisy, Claire
Meh Tier - Gamora, Maria Hill, Karen, May, Bobbi, Simmons
"Ugh Please No" Tier - Jane, Jane's Friend, Janet van Dyne

Wow, that's like... less than 20 people and we're already scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as major female characters go. Shocking how few there are when you list them off like that.

Anth0ny

Hmm, let's see...

Top Tier - Peggy Carter, Scarlet Witch, Sif, Nebula
Good Tier - Black Widow, Betty Ross, Pepper, Skye/Daisy, Claire
Meh Tier - Gamora, Maria Hill, Karen, May, Bobbi, Simmons
"Ugh Please No" Tier - Jane, Jane's Friend, Janet van Dyne

Wow, that's like... less than 20 people and we're already scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as major female characters go. Shocking how few there are when you list them off like that.

God Tier - Black Widow from Iron Man 2

Pachimari

You just spoiled me.

[edit]
Now that Jessica Jones is out, the next projects we can look forward to are:

January: Agent Carter S2
April: Daredevil S2
May: Captain America: Civil War
June: Most Wanted
August: Agents of Shield S4
September: Damage Control
October: Luke Cage
November: Dr. Strange

Next year is probably gonna look something along those lines.

TDLink

You just spoiled me.

[edit]
Now that Jessica Jones is out, the next projects we can look forward to are:

January: Agent Carter S2
April: Daredevil S2
May: Captain America: Civil War
June: Most Wanted
August: Agents of Shield S4
September: Damage Control
November: Dr. Strange

Next year is probably gonna look something along those lines.
Luke Cage is going to be somewhere in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom