• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I think Luke Cage will be sooner than October. Maybe sometime from July to September. Most Wanted only has a pilot order, not a series order, so I wouldn't make any assumptions about it at all. It might just not happen, or it might be a 2017 show. Damage Control also doesn't have a series order, it doesn't even have a pilot order. We just know they're interesting in developing it into a series.

Pachimari

I think Luke Cage will be sooner than October. Maybe sometime from July to September. Most Wanted only has a pilot order, not a series order, so I wouldn't make any assumptions about it at all. It might just not happen, or it might be a 2017 show. Damage Control also doesn't have a series order, it doesn't even have a pilot order. We just know they're interesting in developing it into a series.

Yeah, it's very realistic to think Luke Cage can arrive sooner than October. After all, they're already shooting.

Penguin

Thanks, how could I forget Luke Cage.

So this is probably how it'll look:

I don't think AoS would premiere in Aug and not Sept

And as Duckroll mentioned neither Most Wanted nor Damage Control has series orders.

And if Most Wanted isn't in production stage now (not even sure filmed the pilot?)

I don't see that happening before next season.

Pachimari

So in other words. If Most Wanted and Damage Control aren't even filming now, then they'll likely only be ready for 2017 if they go ahead with them?

*Updated the list.

Penguin

So in other words. If Most Wanted and Damage Control aren't even filming now, then they'll likely only be ready for 2017 if they go ahead with them?

*Updated the list.

No no

Not at all.

They could premiere with the rest of the new shows in the fall.

But I doubt they would be mid-season replacements at this point since there's really no indication that they have a crew or anything for it.

So you could end up with all 3 in Sept... or they could be like Agent Carter and be hiatus shows in the winter.

Penguin

You folks also have to realize that Netflix has a ton of other shows and they seem to enjoy giving them some breathing room.

Pachimari

I'm actually getting tired of the whole renewal ordeal, because if series like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage gets second seasons, it'll probably delay Iron Fist even further.

Penguin

I'm actually getting tired of the whole renewal ordeal, because if series like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage gets second seasons, it'll probably delay Iron Fist even further.

That's gonna be the issue.

Like I can't see em putting out... 4 shows in a year... but if they wanna do Daredevil ssn 3, JJ season 2, Luke Cage season 2 and Iron Fist in a timely manner

duckroll

That would not be as much of an issue if they have a showrunner attached and someone cast in the role. Like, I can easily see Netflix feeling good about expanding their lineup all year round with more Marvel stuff. It's not an issue to them. The bigger sign that Iron Fist is in trouble is just that it's taking longer than it should for them to lock talent into the project, which indicates they're not sure how to proceed with it.

eastx

Also don't forget that Jessica Jones and Luke Cage could easily be combined into a single series rather than doing two separate sequel seasons.

Pachimari

I wonder if they all get season 2's at this point

It depends on how they are received by the masses. Jessica Jones already got praised by critics but it remains to be seen, if a huge number of viewers have tuned in to watch Jessica Jones. If it has been popular, then Jessica Jones will surely get another season. I don't see them mixing Jessica and Luke to give them their shared series though. Maybe Luke can be a guest appearance in coming seasons of Jessica if Luke Cage's own series don't take off.

I just want those second seasons to come after Iron Fist but that's not realistic.

It depends on how they are received by the masses. Jessica Jones already got praised by critics but it remains to be seen, if a huge number of viewers have tuned in to watch Jessica Jones. If it has been popular, then Jessica Jones will surely get another season. I don't see them mixing Jessica and Luke to give them their shared series though. Maybe Luke can be a guest appearance in coming seasons of Jessica if Luke Cage's own series don't take off.

I just want those second seasons to come after Iron Fist but that's not realistic.

Probably depends on where the MCU goes forward after Civil War

Hard to say since they are holding a lot of world building details close to the chest on that one.

Pachimari

Probably depends on where the MCU goes forward after Civil War

Hard to say since they are holding a lot of world building details close to the chest on that one.

It don't depend on Civil War or any plot at all. It all depends on the public reception, like any other production.

Do you think it will be similar loved? Feel like its far more disliked then Daredevil
I wouldn't say that it is far more disliked. Jessica have been praised to the skies by critics, but it does seem like people on GAF (which is a very small part of the fanbase) have mixed feelings. Some like it better than Daredevil, some like it less.

Though, I do think Jessica Jones will get a second season, only because Melissa Rosenberg is so invested in Jessica's universe and she have ideas left.

Do you think it will be similar loved? Feel like its far more disliked then Daredevil

Its looking like that will be the sentiment going forward

Which is a shame because there is a LOT of good high quality things going for JJ

Its definitely more good than bad even if its not as good as Daredevil...

Pachimari

I had definitely hoped, that ABC would release Daredevil on Bluray while Jessica Jones premiered on Netflix. Now I'm crossing my fingers for a release around Daredevil S2. I'm really starting to worry again.

It don't depend on Civil War or any plot at all. It all depends on the public reception, like any other production.

I wouldn't say that it is far more disliked. Jessica have been praised to the skies by critics, but it does seem like people on GAF (which is a very small part of the fanbase) have mixed feelings. Some like it better than Daredevil, some like it less.

Though, I do think Jessica Jones will get a second season, only because Melissa Rosenberg is so invested in Jessica's universe and she have ideas left.
They definitely set the groundwork for some cool things in a S2

Btw JJ season spoilers:
so IGH is going to be the defacto explaination for kids with powers? Reminded me of Fringe

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
The Infinity Baton

Thats Annihilus

Cosmic Control Rod.

thanos-vs-annihilus-e1434499831564.png

They definitely set the groundwork for some cool things in a S2

Btw JJ season spoilers:
so IGH is going to be the defacto explaination for kids with powers? Reminded me of Fringe

Probably just the ones seen in the thumb drive. However... its clear... and logical that MANY MANY earth bound entities are trying to create powered people nowadays. Whats the count now? Black Sky project our of Japan, Centipede, Inhumans, Hydra, Whatever the bad guy in Ant Man, Bad Guys in Iron Man trying to replicate the suit...

The whole world is chasing some way to eitehr seize control or defend itself in the wake of the Avengers... Its an arms race

TDLink

People who don't appreciate quality television and paced serialized storytelling, and mostly like Marvel stuff for the action, will dislike JJ compared to Daredevil.

Pachimari

X-Men: Apocalypse is the one confirmed in front of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Captain America: Civil War isn't. Far from it actually.

So, how is everyone enjoying JJ?
It's alright so far. Not as good as Daredevil but I'm only at episode 6. Actually, it's way worse than Daredevil so far.

Quick

Banned

There's nothing to delay, in any case. No cast, no concrete pre-production, nothing. All we have is Joe Quesada saying it's "being worked on."

Any announcement at this point will probably point to a 2017 release. I'm writing 2016 off for Iron Fist, based on the turnaround time with Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

They could announce production commencement for Summer 2016 with an early- to mid-2017 release. Summer next year seems like the most realistic option IF they get their things in order by early next year.

That would not be as much of an issue if they have a showrunner attached and someone cast in the role. Like, I can easily see Netflix feeling good about expanding their lineup all year round with more Marvel stuff. It's not an issue to them. The bigger sign that Iron Fist is in trouble is just that it's taking longer than it should for them to lock talent into the project, which indicates they're not sure how to proceed with it.

This. Forget delaying, the bigger focus should be "where is everyone?" with the production team.

If Marvel plans things well, I can see them release The Defenders by 2018 or 2019. That gives them time to release a second season of Jessica Jones/Luke Cage (together), and squeeze in a season for both Iron Fist and The Punisher.

Pachimari

I didn't mean delaying per se, as the show don't have a release date. But I imagine Iron Fist would be pushed back if a second season of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage have to fit in.

duckroll

I didn't mean delaying per se, as the show don't have a release date. But I imagine Iron Fist would be pushed back if a second season of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage have to fit in.

I don't think that's the case though. It seems more likely to be the reverse - that they would be inclined to make more seasons of successful shows they managed to get off the ground so they have something to broadcast, giving them more time to figure out how to tackle something they're having trouble getting off the ground. If they actually had a solid game plan for Iron Fist right now, you can bet that they would push it into production ASAP.

Pachimari

Just finished Jessica Jones, and as mediocre as it was, I quite liked it too. The fighting was shit, and the show didn't portray their powers well at all. I were also a little disappointed by the ending. If anything, this show have made me look forward to Luke Cage. I guess I could update my own personal rankings:

1. Daredevil [S1]
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy
  3. Ant-Man
  4. Iron Man
  5. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [S2]
  6. The Avengers
  7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  8. Thor
  9. Jessica Jones [S1]
  10. Captain America: The First Avenger
  11. Iron Man 2
  12. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [S1]
  13. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  14. Iron Man 3
  15. The Incredible Hulk
  16. Thor: The Dark World
  17. Agent Carter [S1]

I'm really interested to hear, what you guys felt about the Kilgrave adaptation? After all of the talk that he was the most evil man in the comics, I expected him to be more menacing. But to me, he came across as a lovesick man-baby doing some horrible shit. He's still one of the best villains in the MCU though.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I just finished watching Jessica Jones, and damn, it's probably the best Marvel show so far. It's might be better than most of the movies, though the tone is super different than all of them so far. I've been loving the Netflix shows, they're very interesting.

Question: Are there still no cast or crew for Iron Fist? It's strange that they don't even have a showrunner or two.

TDLink

I just finished watching Jessica Jones, and damn, it's probably the best Marvel show so far. It's might be better than most of the movies, though the tone is super different than all of them so far. I've been loving the Netflix shows, they're very interesting.

Question: Are there still no cast or crew for Iron Fist? It's strange that they don't even have a showrunner or two.

Went over this in another topic, but it's not strange at all. The show isn't scheduled until 2017 and Luke Cage (which is now in production) didn't have a showrunner until March 31st of this year. They don't need a showrunner for something that is possibly a year out from production.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Went over this in another topic, but it's not strange at all. The show isn't scheduled until 2017 and Luke Cage (which is now in production) didn't have a showrunner until March 31st of this year. They don't need a showrunner for something that is possibly a year out from production.

Ah, my mistake then. I was thinking how Luke Cage was cast a while before the show, but that was probably just due to the fact that he's a character in A.K.A. Jessica Jones. I was kinda expecting Iron Fist to show up at least in the Luke Cage show, but it seems they're not doing that.

c-murph

X-Men: Apocalypse is the one confirmed in front of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Captain America: Civil War isn't. Far from it actually.

It's alright so far. Not as good as Daredevil but I'm only at episode 6. Actually, it's way worse than Daredevil so far.

Really? I'm on ep.5 and I think it's fantastic. Marvel didn't even play it down to be more general audiences friendly either.

Pachimari

Really? I'm on ep.5 and I think it's fantastic. Marvel didn't even play it down to be more general audiences friendly either.
I think it's a good show and I liked it. But having finished the show, it has a lot of flaws. The pacing is bad, there's never any set rules for their abilities, Jessica's powers change according to what the plot needs, some subplots leads to nowhere, the fights look bad etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom