• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I don't think there is any "6 month rule" except maybe "to give room for new shows, we'll release a new one 6 months apart at least" which wouldn't take into consideration rolling seasons. Daredevil wrapped shooting in December and was released in April. Jessica Jones wrapped shooting in August and was released in November. Luke Cage and Daredevil are both shooting now and Daredevil looks to follow the same production schedule as season 1. If Luke Cage wraps in early 2016, then it'll be a Summer show latest.

danielcw

What are some great sources for MCU news? I only know of comicbookmovie.com.

That's honestly probably your best bet. I used to go to superherohype.com, but CBM has you covered and tends to be earlier with the news.

Unless I am mixing somehting up, or soemthing has changed recently:
Please do not support comicbookmovie.com.
They leech and copy/paste stuff from other people and websites, without even mentioning the source in a proper way, and rarely add anyhting meaningful. And they do not even hire people to do so.

Anth0ny

Fantastic Four 2 officially cancelled

yGpaA5E.jpg

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Chris Hemsworth Wants Thor 3 To Be More Like Guardians of the Galaxy

The most interesting part of the article:

Reportedly, Thor: Ragnarok had a script that was deemed “too dark” by Marvel which helped Taika Waititi land the job of directing it, to help make it “lighter.” Waititi’s work writing, producing, starring in, and directing What We Do in the Shadows was tremendous and unique so if Marvel’s looking to replicate the success of James Gunn’s Guardians they certainly made a good pick for the director’s chair.

Kind of amazing how much weight Chris Hemsworth were able to lose for his new role:

AEKGtEg.jpg

They only bulk him up to his Thor size for the movies that require it. The sizes that he and Evans get to, they're not able to keep up for long periods of time, even during the filming.

At least that's what I recall reading. I think it was an Evans interview.

They only bulk him up to his Thor size for the movies that require it. The sizes that he and Evans get to, they're not able to keep up for long periods of time, even during the filming.

At least that's what I recall reading. I think it was an Evans interview.

Evans stayed fit. He just couldn't keep the insane swollen look he had in Cap 1 without getting sick.

Fit, sure. But without the special diet and workout regimen I doubt even Evans "fit" looks close to his Steve Rogers with no shirt look.
The shirtless look in particular is what he couldn't maintain without being sick. Notice he wasn't shirtless in Winter Soldier. Dude is still huge, just not as huge.
But I swear his shoulders grew.

The shirtless look in particular is what he couldn't maintain without being sick. Notice he wasn't shirtless in Winter Soldier. Dude is still huge, just not as huge.
But I swear his shoulders grew.

Well the shirtless look is created more by being body-fat starved, through a special diet and likely iso workouts shortly before scenes. But even short of that, the dude just needs to eat a decent amount of protein and keep up a solid workout routine and he'll look fairly big.

danielcw

No, officially, they are still coming.

Not sure about the movies themselves, but wasn't it communicated that Kurtzman and Co. are gone, implying the same for the movies they were attached to.
If Sony would still want a Sinister Six movie for example, wouldn't it be made by Marvel and their stuff?
Can Sony order specific story-lines?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Not sure about the movies themselves, but wasn't it communicated that Kurtzman and Co. are gone, implying the same for the movies they were attached to.
If Sony would still want a Sinister Six movie for example, wouldn't it be made by Marvel and their stuff?
Can Sony order specific story-lines?

Sony can do whatever they want. Its their franchise.

duckroll

Sony can do whatever they want, but all the plans prior to the Marvel deal have fallen through. I don't think anyone in the "brain trust" is attached to anything anymore. They've all moved on. Drew Goddard made that pretty clear that his Sinister Six movie is dead too.

danielcw

Sony can do whatever they want. Its their franchise.
Well, they made a deal with Marvel, so Spidy becomes part of the MCU and Marvel produces the movies, which I assume also means, that Marvel hires.
If Marvel has no good idea for a Sinister Six or Venom movie, could Sony go on, and make them on their own?

Drew Goddard made that pretty clear that his Sinister Six movie is dead too.
Ah, Goddard was Sinister Six, I thought it was Kurtzman. Which movie was Kurtzman supposed to direct, was it Venom?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Well, they made a deal with Marvel, so Spidy becomes part of the MCU and Marvel produces the movies, which I assume also means, that Marvel hires.
If Marvel has no good idea for a Sinister Six or Venom movie, could Sony go on, and make them on their own?

They can do whatever they want. Of course they would break with Marvel over this, but in the end, they can make a movie about whatever they want.

Probably just there for Jessica Jones. RDJ/Evans would show Civil War.

Only logical conclusion unless they have something else to push.

Yup

I hear ya... still it makes some sense for the Netflix crew to have some small role... but Civil War is already a hot mess of characters by the very nature of its story

Cant wait to see how they pull it off

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

Pachimari

Cross posting from the Netflix thread:

Marvel is still working on Iron Fist.

"There was a lot of speculation about what was going on with "Iron Fist," because [fans] hadn't heard anything about it, but there's never been any change at all. We knew exactly what we were doing at Marvel and at Netflix. Let's get "Jess" out there, everybody knows that "Luke Cage" is up and going. What I can say right now is, we're very excited about "Iron Fist," and the short answer is, yes there'll be news."

More at comicbookressources.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom