• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I don't understand why time and again people equate silence and lack of news with "it's cancelled".

OO4Zs.gif

I really enjoyed Jessica Jones, but Luke was in it so much, he really had a full arc for the season. I'm kind of surprised he is getting his own show and I wonder what they are going to do that doesn't feel like a re-tread. I still think these shows should be 10 eps instead of 13. Both shows so far felt like they had to drag things out or have a side episode they didn't neeed.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I really enjoyed Jessica Jones, but Luke was in it so much, he really had a full arc for the season. I'm kind of surprised he is getting his own show and I wonder what they are going to do that doesn't feel like a re-tread. I still think these shows should be 10 eps instead of 13. Both shows so far felt like they had to drag things out or have a side episode they didn't neeed.

Maybe it'll be a prequel with his origin story.

jmood88

I NEED THE NEW SPIDERMAN COSTUME IN MY SOUL.
It'll be a slight variation of every other Spider-Man costume.

What? He appeared in maybe half of the season for a few minutes at a time. We barely learned anything about him or his past beyond his powers and that he was married at some point.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
From Eh Maybe, the identity of Peter Quill's father is...
Captain Mar-vell

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/11/24/peter-quill-starlord-father-revealed

Gunn says no
damage control?

All right. From this moment on I’m going to stop commenting on any rumors surrounding Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, because, eventually, someone is going to come up with a spoiler that has some truth to it. That said, the rumors surrounding Quill’s parentage at the present moment are completely false, and aren’t even close to the truth. I don’t know how people come up with this stuff, but it certainly isn’t through legitimate sources.

Also, I get the desire to get “scoops” on character inclusion and casting choices, etc. But since when is a plot spoiler a “scoop”? Is this really what fandom wants to know? Plot details in movies ahead of time? I got in this business because I love movies, and I think most film journalists are the same way. And spoiling plot details doesn’t add to the enjoyment of the film-going experience. So bravo to those folks out there who don’t partake in this sort of thing.

But, as I said, eventually someone will actually spoil some detail of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. So this will be my last comment squelching a rumor until May 2017. But if you do pick up on some plot detail between now and then, be aware, A) They are likely full of shit, as has been everyone so far who has claimed to have had inside info, and B) We’re creating a film that doesn’t rely on plot twists to be an enjoyable experience.
They’re only a very small part of what we’re cooking up for you.
James

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I mean

It's a nice thought but there's no way in hell theyd do this. The general public will have no clue about the deal between Marvel and Sony, and it's a massive selling point.
Yeah, but Luke Skywalker wasnt shown either. I am but sure that the public is really aware that he isnin Star Wars, too.

Anth0ny

Yeah, but Luke Skywalker wasnt shown either. I am but sure that the public is really aware that he isnin Star Wars, too.

he's right you know.

that being said, I still doubt they'll keep Spidey a secret like Luke. But it would be fucking crazy awesome if they did.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Fuuuuuuck Civil War teaser trailer and poster on Kimmel right now

[Edit] Looks great, of course. Dat Black Panther! And dat two-on-one fight at the end!

Kimmel just said the full trailer is on his show's Facebook page now.

FeD.nL

I'm weak. After being disappointed by AoU I said to myself no more trailers and getting hyped through GAF for the MCU. Well I failed, goddamn that trailer was good, hype through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom