• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PK being half-latino, half-black is perfect for the role, definitely.

pk-subban-rookie-blues-420x248.jpg
#NotMySpiderman

Because PK Subban is a dickhead, you see

Happened to catch the MCU Wikipedia page during a time when the title for the Spider-Man movie had been changed. It was reverted when I refreshed

yevwXQB.jpg

That title would make no sense

Of course not. Trust me, I don't think it's real, and I'm not posting here because it has a chance of being real. Just thought it was funny I caught something within the 2 seconds it probably existed

Edit: Unless something happens in Civil War that he would have to "return" from, but again, little to no chance.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Spider-Man Returns sounds like one of these shitty made up undertitles for movienames that dont make any sense but are always made for germany...

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was supposed to be called Spider-Man 2: The Return of the Superhero...

edit: so what's the word on that Mockingbird spinoff? Marvel's Most Wanted? Is it still on track? I haven't kept up with Agents of SHIELD because I've been busy so I don't know what direction they're moving towards.

Spider-Man Returns sounds like one of these shitty made up undertitles for movienames that dont make any sense but are always made for germany...

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was supposed to be called Spider-Man 2: The Return of the Superhero...

lmao

even Switzerland gets caught with some strays like this. I always look with disgust at my Winter Soldier BluRay.

It was shelved but not completely tossed as a concept.

Shelved? It never got shelved. They are still planning a pilot.

It was shelved. The original plan was for it to be a pilot for this year and they scrapped that and kept the characters in AoS for this season.

You have a source?

Anyway, the important thing is, that it is still on the way. :)

It's still on. Hopes just aren't high for it going beyond pilot.

Hmm, interesting. I feel like they've missed that opportunity. They could have introduced sort of a backdoor pilot in AoS but I feel like taking Bobbi and Hunter out will only hurt both shows.

You have a source?

Anyway, the important thing is, that it is still on the way. :)

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/12/agents-shield-spinoff

ABC entertainment president Paul Lee ultimately decided not to move forward with the network’s planned Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff because new additions to S.H.I.E.L.D.’s second season—who would have been the spinoff’s focus—have arguably helped the Marvel series hit its “creative stride.”

That was as of May.

Then in August this happened: http://www.avclub.com/article/abc-orders-pilot-agents-shield-spinoff-which-isnt--224191

After months of heming-and-hawing about whether it was or wasn’t launching a spinoff of superhero spy series Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., ABC has finally announced that it’s giving a pilot order to a new show based around Adrianne Palicki’s character Bobbi “Mockingbird” Morse. But because nothing can apparently be easy with this story, the network also announced that the new program, Marvel’s Most Wanted, is no longer being considered a spinoff from S.H.I.E.L.D., even though it stars two characters—Mockingbird, and her ex-husband, Nick Blood’s Lance Hunter—who regularly appear on the show.

So it was Shelved.. then after the currently-airing season of AoS was mapped out, it was retooled and a pilot ordered.. but even then that doesn't mean the series will be a go. It could still be killed after the pilot is made. All this really means is that Bobbi and Hunter won't be irreplacable after this season. Though trust that if the Pilot bombs internally.. they'll still be big characters in AoS in some way. The audience reception for them has been great.

Pachimari

Tom Holland really is into his preparation for Spider-Man, love it.

“I went to this gym yesterday where they strap electric belts on you and you do exercise whilst being electrocuted,” he said. “It's a really strange experience. It's like a dull tingling but I'm definitely feeling it today. I have to do 20 minutes once a week. Marvel are quite against us doing our own stunts [though].” Jumping in a bouncy house is another exercise method that Holland is utilizing to prepare him for his web-slinging role. “I’ve just been given this new gymnastics mat called an AirTrack, which basically you just plug in and it blows up and it’s a huge bouncy castle that you can bounce around in in your garden,”

Source: ComicBookMovie

And here's Zoe Saldana getting into her Gamora look for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2:

uSHzkfa.jpg

And this is what I really wanted to hear:
Joe Russo: "When people leave the theatre, they’re going to be arguing about who was right in the movie, whether it was Tony, or whether it was Cap.

On Black Panther:
Joe Russo: "It’s a combination of a practical costume and VFX. It’s a vibranium weave, a mesh, almost like a chainmail. Luminescence is something we have to do in post. He’s there for a very different reason which brings him into conflict with Cap and his team. His motivations are not their motivations."

On Baron Zemo:
Joe Russo: "Zemo in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is not Zemo from the comics, and what’s interesting and surprising is that we don’t always honour the mythology from the books. One, because it’s predictable and two, it’s not servicing the story in the way we want. So, if Zemo were in this movie, I think people should expect that it’s going to be something fresh and exciting."

Yeah, I honestly don't get what ABC/Marvel is saying there. How is that not a spin-off if it features Bobbi?

From the first article they cite that removing Bobbi and Hunter was a negative for AoS. In the second article they say that B&M arent in it. Most likely is that they removed Bobbi and Hunter from Most Wanted and bringing in fresh characters?

Pachimari

From the first article they cite that removing Bobbi and Hunter was a negative for AoS. In the second article they say that B&M arent in it. Most likely is that they removed Bobbi and Hunter from Most Wanted and bringing in fresh characters?

But in a recent interview with Adrianne Palicki, it really seems like they are working on Most Wanted with Mockingbird and Hunter. Her being so coy about it, really gives me the feel of them trying to work it out still. Of course they can cancel it, but that's were we hope, that they'll see a purpose with the pilot internally.

And from the Cap thread:

https://twitter.com/eiji_enzy1641/status/669706023351906304

Phase 2 Blu ray boxset has a copy of the Sokovia Accords:

CUtGEVYUAAAeNNI.jpg

That second article states that Bobbi and Hunter are still in it.

Instead, The Hollywood Reporter says that Marvel and ABC are “changing course” for the new series, with a “new take focusing on the same duo and their continuing adventures

Same duo means it's still Bobbie and Hunter. It's all just PR spin because they couldn't figure out if they wanted to take the chance on the show. Bobbi and Hunter are legitimately enjoyed by the fans on AoS though but at this point that cast is pretty damn large so something's got to give at some point.

danielcw

Please stop supporting sites like comcibookmovie, and don't treat them as sources, unless they actually do work.

Tom Holland really is into his preparation for Spider-Man, love it.

[...snip...]

The real source for the later is:
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/captain-america-civil-war-trailer-breakdown/

I am not sure what the source for the "I went to the gym" quote is, but they got it from here:
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/sp...n-his-electrifying-superhero-work-out-regime/

Pachimari

Please stop supporting sites like comicbookmovie, and don't treat them as sources, unless they actually do work.

I will try to source the original source. The thing is, I don't read the original sources and won't know if they write the same thing as CBM, which is why I just source the link I have read.

Bit defensive, eh?

The right thing to do would be to support the original writers by clicking in their article and linking it. All ComicBookMovie does is copy/paste these articles onto their own website and get revenue from it. It's shitty.

Pachimari

Bit defensive, eh?

The right thing to do would be to support the original writers by clicking in their article and linking it. All ComicBookMovie does is copy/paste these articles onto their own website and get revenue from it. It's shitty.
Which is why I will link to the original source from now on. :)

And I'm sorry if I came across as harsh. It actually read like that, so I have taken it out. No hard feelings.

So how are we expecting Spidey to be introduced and play a role in Civil War?

Considering that Feige said Parker has already been active in the MCU, I'm imagining they're going to treat Spider-Man as an urban legend and then as the public face/a PR move for the Accords. A vigilante, now look at him, working with Iron Man as a sanctioned hero with a fancy new suit.

I'm assuming that's how Parker gets his official Spider-Man suit too, beforehand just having his slapped together basic outfit.

And I bet he'll turn up during the three-way beatdown to even the odds

So how are we expecting Spidey to be introduced and play a role in Civil War?

Considering that Feige said Parker has already been active in the MCU, I'm imagining they're going to treat Spider-Man as an urban legend and then as the public face/a PR move for the Accords. A vigilante, now look at him, working with Iron Man as a sanctioned hero with a fancy new suit.

I'm assuming that's how Parker gets his official Spider-Man suit too, beforehand just having his slapped together basic outfit.

And I bet he'll turn up during the three-way beatdown to even the odds

Yeah, I think we basically will hear about him a lot in the movie. "This new kid with untold power is just doing what he wants in Nyc...He is stopping purse burglars and bank robbers for now but what if he becomes some kind of..menace?" BLAHBLAH fear mongering etc.

And yeah. That 2v1 on Tony is the perfect moment for him to come out, stop all 3 from fighting and talk some sense into them. But I do think he'll also be a part of the big airport brawl.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am always starting to grin just when I think that I finally get a MCU Spidey... I am more excited for him than for anything else :D
I will be utterly disappointed, when he will be there for just a couple of minutes :D
But the outlook, that he will have
an awesome fight with Captain America choregraphed by the Winter Soldier fight choreographers, will deliver it for me.
I just hope that he doesnt make his name public and other sheenigans. MCU needs Secret Identitys and Spider-Man need this.

danielcw

EDIT: forgot Guardians Of The Galaxy

Now that Phase 2 is over, and Phase 3 is going to start (or may have already started with Jessica Jones):
How would you rank the main title sequences?
I know, not may people care for that kind of stuff, but a lot of work goes into them, and I like them. I am kinda sad, that many people in cinemas get up during them and pay no attention, and disturb the few of us who would like to enjoy them. Sure I am not the only one here, who cares about them, right :)
right? :(

As a reminder:

Then there are 5 One-Shots:
IIRC the first 2,
"A Funny Thing happened On The Way To Thor's Hammer" and
"The consultant" had simple titles and black endcredits. I can not remember what
"Item 47" and
"Agent Carter" did, but I remember Agent Carter's credits being stylized.
"All Hail The King" used some 70s style animations of the 10 Rings logo.

and last, but not least the TV-series:
"Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D." and
"Agent Carter" have short animated logos.
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s logo was updated with black rock debris (?) for season 3, and one episode had the logo onscreen, stylized to fit the rest of the episodes captions.

"DareDevil" (http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/marvels-daredevil/) and
"Jessica Jones" have full title sequences.

My ranking:
IRON MAN THREE - just puts a smile on my face :)
Winter Soldier
Avengers
Captain America
Thor 2
Ant-Man
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Agents Of SHIELD
Jessica Jones
DareDevil
Incredible Hulk
All Hail The King
Age Of Ultron
Thor
Iron Man
Iron Man 2

I've watched everything in the MCU so far except Agent Carter and a few episodes of the current season of AoS. I just watched Ant-Man yesterday and it's one of my favorite so far. In my opinion, all the movies so far are awesome, but Ant-Man was so damn good, and a step above several of them. The only real negative I have is the villain. Worst one in the MCU. I also think the movie could've been longer. It felt way too short, like a bunch of stuff was cut or something.

eastx

In my opinion, all the movies so far are awesome, but Ant-Man was so damn good, and a step above several of them. The only real negative I have is the villain. Worst one in the MCU. I also think the movie could've been longer. It felt way too short, like a bunch of stuff was cut or something.

You really think Yellowjacket is worse than Whiplash? Although underdeveloped, at least Darren Cross had some level of dimension to him. All of Whiplash's depth was left on the cutting room floor.

And you know who's worth less than Whiplash? Malekith - we never understand his motivations (bring back the darkness, wut?) or anything about him. He looks ridiculous and wastes the talents of Chris Eccleston.

Agreed that Ant Man could've been longer, but the tight pace doesn't hurt it as much as Age of Ultron's did. Ant Man is my second favorite MCU film behind Winter Soldier.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Yeah, I think we basically will hear about him a lot in the movie. "This new kid with untold power is just doing what he wants in Nyc...He is stopping purse burglars and bank robbers for now but what if he becomes some kind of..menace?" BLAHBLAH fear mongering etc.

If this happens it needs to cut to J. K. Simmons just before the word "menace" and have him say it.

Pachimari

I didn't like Yellowjacket, and found him useless, and yet another forgettable throwaway villain. He's not the worst of the MCU though, far from it. There are some who are wasted even more and underdeveloped, like eastx says, Malekith and Whiplash. I find Justin Hammer and Obadiah Stane more forgettable too.

By the way, a new short Agent Carter Season 2 promo is out. Can be seen on Youtube.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
EDIT: forgot Guardians Of The Galaxy

Now that Phase 2 is over, and Phase 3 is going to start (or may have already started with Jessica Jones):

Jessica Jones takes place before Age of Ultron in early 2015, so I think it would count as Phase 2. If anything, Phase 3 started with season three of Agents of SHIELD.

You really think Yellowjacket is worse than Whiplash? Although underdeveloped, at least Darren Cross had some level of dimension to him. All of Whiplash's depth was left on the cutting room floor.

And you know who's worth less than Whiplash? Malekith - we never understand his motivations (bring back the darkness, wut?) or anything about him. He looks ridiculous and wastes the talents of Chris Eccleston.

Agreed that Ant Man could've been longer, but the tight pace doesn't hurt it as much as Age of Ultron's did. Ant Man is my second favorite MCU film behind Winter Soldier.
You know what, I honestly forgot about Whiplash and Malekith. Guess that shows how forgettable they were, especially the former, though I personally think Whiplash is the worst of the two. But that's probably not saying much, I guess.

I think I need to rewatch all the movies again, one of these days.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
How do we know when JJ takes place?

This is how:

It's a guess, but she did
look up the emergency admits from the bus crash that happened a year prior
, which happened to be January 2014.

Also note that there's snow on the ground and everyone's wearing coats, so it takes place in the winter, and the MCU canon comic for Jessica Jones establishes it as happening after Daredevil season 1 ends, and Daredevil season 1 takes place roughly August to September 2014. So at the earliest, Jessica Jones happens November 2014 and at the latest it happens April 2015. But considering Kilgrave has a thing about anniversaries, it probably picks up in mid-January 2015 and runs until about mid-March.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom