• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Marvel and Netflix have two shows going on next year (Daredevil Season 2 and Luke Cage), which seems to be the maximum they're willing to go per year right now. I'm assuming they can't stretch their overall budget, time, and manpower out to work on three shows simultaneously.

Maybe we'll see Jessica Jones Season 2 and Iron Fist Season 1 in 2017.

Edit: I looked into how long filming took for both Daredevil and Jessica Jones, and either Wikipedia is messing with me, or Daredevil really only took around three months (October to mid-December 2014) and Jessica Jones took around seven months (February to mid/late-August 2014). Not including post-production, which probably pads on even more time.

Lock down my prediction for Civil War:

If anyone switches sides, my bet is on Vision. He'll tag along with Stark and Co with an essentially neutral moral compass. As things progress, he will see what he is doing is wrong. His breaking away from Team Stark will be the tipping point for Tony seeing the error of his ways. I see Vision telling him the way things are like a child pointing out the hypocrisy of a parent. It will be simple and pure and Tony will back down.

I see the driving force behind Vision's learning the error of his endeavor being related to a Scarlet Witch brewing romance.

Basically, I believe Vision will play a major role in this and most people are overlooking that. The MCU team has to play upon his relatively innocent worldview and this is the perfect opportunity.

shingi70

Banned
Any word on of John Ridley's Marvel product is still in development or not? I was hoping Marvel would produce a straight up superhero show for ABC more in line with Flash or Arrow instead of these ensamble team showsm

Pachimari

Baron Zemo will be known by many names in Civil War. And I really don't think we are getting Baron Zemo or anything close to the classic comic book incarnation.

"I will say that his character is very much a product of the Cinematic Universe and all that has occurred within that universe up to this point."

Martin Freeman also have a key role and will appear elsewhere in the MCU as well.

"He’s under the cloak of secrecy," Feige teases. "There are a lot of amazing actors in this movie. Some of them play larger roles than others. And in some cases there are some you will meet ever so briefly in this film and then will be expanded upon in future films. He falls into that latter category."

Steve Rogers would also love to be part of an Iron Man 4:

"I’d be happy to be in an Iron Man movie. We've been in so many movies together, the titles are almost, at this point, inconsequential. We all win!"

Source: Entertainment Weekly

New screens from Civil War:

HnnVONQ.jpg

azdqGfF.jpg

A0N9Sr7.jpg

vxELldl.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Avengers MCU Guidebook announced:

1133005.jpg

Künstler: O'Sullivan, Mike / Various, / Mundo, Mike Del

Autor: O'Sullivan, Mike

Zeichner: Various,

Coverzeichner: Mundo, Mike Del

Erscheinungsdatum: 24.02.2016
Beschreibung:
This is what it's all been building to! The MCU Guidebooks reach the end of Phase One as the Avengers assemble! Our comprehensive coverage of the fan-favorite Marvel Studios films and Marvel Television shows continues as we reveal everything you need to know about Earth's Mightiest Heroes! Featuring fact sheets, movie-to-comic comparisons and production stills, this issue is packed with profiles of the mighty Avengers themselves: Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man and Thor! Also featuring allies including Phil Coulson, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Erik Selvig, Jasper Sitwell and S.H.I.E.L.D.; enemies including Loki and the Chitauri; and equipment including the Helicarrier and Loki's scepter! Plus the World Security Council and more! Relive the big-screen thrills of 2012's Marvel's The Avengers right here, and continue building your indispensable library of Cinematic Universe reference books! Rated T+

The The Avengers MCU Guidebook seems to be the best one yet.

Pachimari

Tom Holland's favorite Spidey comics are the Ultimate Spider-Man, and he hopes Marvel Studios will use that line of comics for inspiration:

“There’s lots of things I didn’t know about him. I mean, there’s so many different versions of his story, and my favorite of which at the moment is the Ultimate Spider-Man. And the one thing I’m really excited about is that he’s not a superhero that’s on his own, you know? He has connections with some of the most powerful people in this Marvel Universe so I’m quite excited to explore that and see if Marvel will go down that route, you know? Which I’m sure they will. I mean, if they’ve got all these incredible characters at hand, I mean, why not use them, you know?”

Source: Collider

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Tom Holland's favorite Spidey comics are the Ultimate Spider-Man, and he hopes Marvel Studios will use that line of comics for inspiration:

Source: Collider
“There’s lots of things I didn’t know about him. I mean, there’s so many different versions of his story, and my favorite of which at the moment is the Ultimate Spider-Man.
Yaaay.
And the one thing I’m really excited about is that he’s not a superhero that’s on his own, you know? He has connections with some of the most powerful people in this Marvel Universe so I’m quite excited to explore that and see if Marvel will go down that route, you know? Which I’m sure they will. I mean, if they’ve got all these incredible characters at hand, I mean, why not use them, you know?”
Fuck. That's totally not why Ultimate was good. This punk probably just watched the terrible show.
Let's have the Spider-Man just be a Spider-man movie.

Pachimari

But the Spider-Man trilogy and the two Amazing movies were Spider-Man only. I do agree, that I hope there won't be any Avengers in his solo movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Which Marvel Blu-Ray has the best 3D?

But the Spider-Man trilogy and the two Amazing movies were Spider-Man only. I do agree, that I hope there won't be any Avengers in his solo movie.
Sony once wanted this in case of a deal... I think there will
Be another Avenger.

duckroll

Edit: I looked into how long filming took for both Daredevil and Jessica Jones, and either Wikipedia is messing with me, or Daredevil really only took around three months (October to mid-December 2014) and Jessica Jones took around seven months (February to mid/late-August 2014). Not including post-production, which probably pads on even more time.

I think Wikipedia is wrong. Daredevil Season 1 and Season 2 are both July to December shoots, and Jessica Jones was a February to July shoot. Sometimes they do pick up shots for extra stuff after shooting wraps, but that's the official schedule.

Daredevil Season 1 starts shooting in July: http://www.hitfix.com/news/marvel-tv-head-daredevil-starts-shooting-in-july-jessica-jones-next-up

Daredevil Season 1 wraps shooting in December: http://collider.com/daredevil-tv-series-wraps-production/

Jessica Jones starts shooting in February: http://screenrant.com/marvel-netflix-jessica-jones-tv-show-images-directors/

Jessica Jones wraps shooting in July: http://www.david-tennant-news.com/k...ant-among-guests-at-jessica-jones-wrap-party/

Daredevil Season 2 starts shooting in July: http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...as-started-filming-first-set-pics-hit-the-web

Luke Cage starts shooting in September: http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2015/09/02/luke-cage-filming-underway-in-new-york-city/

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I would say Avengers 1 has the best 3D until Ant Man comes out this week and steals the crown. I have all available films in 3D.
OK, then I know what I will watch as a demo for my new TV

Yes, because what version/iteration of Spider-Man the actor playing Spider-Man is familiar with will really genuinely affect his performance.
I really doubt that any of the actor ever read a comic in preparation for a movie. They get fact files from Marvel and stuff.

eastx

I really doubt that any of the actor ever read a comic in preparation for a movie. They get fact files from Marvel and stuff.

Marvel definitely gives them some comics to read when they get hired. I've read it in an interview or two. So with the new Spidey showing some clear visual influence from Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter Parker's look), it's not surprising they'd give him some Ultimate Spider-Man to peruse.

Pachimari

Marvel definitely gives them some comics to read when they get hired. I've read it in an interview or two. So with the new Spidey showing some clear visual influence from Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter Parker's look), it's not surprising they'd give him some Ultimate Spider-Man to peruse.
It wasn't his intention to look like Peter Parker though. That thought hadn't strifed him until the internet let him know. He tried to copy Johnny Depp.

OK, then I know what I will watch as a demo for my new TV

I asked my wife the same question and she gave the exact answer I did. The Avengers will have a huge impact if you've already seen it a bunch of times in 2D. The 3D really enhances many of the scenes.

Having said that, nothing looks better than movies that are made with 3D in mind from conception. Avatar, Life of Pi, Gravity, and Promethius are unreal. Both Pacific Rim and Dredd have some stunning 3D as well.

Sadly, the majority of the Marvel movies are simply "ok". Guardians of the Galaxy had some good 3D moments too now that I think about it. Still, nothing like a dedicated 3D film.

Have fun and report back! I'm curious how your test run goes over with friends/family!

Pachimari

I'm all for Mysterio or Kraven. But please no more Green Goblin. We can have Osborn in the MCU universe, but don't make him the Green Goblin, or at least wait with that for one of the sequels.

dabig2

Hopefully it's Kraven. If you want to make the movie really connected to the MCU, have him go after 1 or more of our other animal-themed heroes like Falcon, Black Widow, and Black Panther. And then it's up to Spidey to fight him.

Scotia

Banned
Yeah, Shocker should be in this. But not as the big Villain, rather than as a crook who gets busted by Spidey as a jump in into the movie.

Yeah, that's exactly how I'd want it. Shocker isn't a big bad but more of a upper-tier goon. Having Spidey beat him up at the start of the film would be amazing.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'm all for Mysterio or Kraven. But please no more Green Goblin. We can have Osborn in the MCU universe, but don't make him the Green Goblin, or at least wait with that for one of the sequels.
They'll stick to the established pattern - a Goblin every second movie.

Yeah, that's exactly how I'd want it. Shocker isn't a big bad but more of a upper-tier goon. Having Spidey beat him up at the start of the film would be amazing.
Pretty much. He's a suited up gun for hire. Not a real villain. Same could be said for afew of Spidey's villains. I mean... did Electro really warrant top-billing as an antagonist?

I would love to see Kraven in the next Spiderman movie. He doesn't even need super powers (as humble as his were). Just make him a crazy dude that hunts Spiderman through the city.

141905-54981-shocker.jpg

The one and only
Shocker has to have the oven mitt outfit. It is one of the most ridiculous looking, and ridiculously awesome villain costumes ever. At least for me.

And as awesome as it would be to see Kraven as the villain, I am really pulling for Mysterio. They could do some really cool stuff with him.

Pachimari

141905-54981-shocker.jpg

The one and only

This is my man. If Shocker have to be in a Spidey movie, this is the version to go with. I wouldn't mind Vulture as well in an Ultimate Spider-Man 3. Do Shocker and Mysterio (and set up Norman Osborn) in the first solo film, then Vulture for the second and do Kraven's last hunt for the third. Give Wilson Fisk a cameo somewhere as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom