• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

He's dead dead. The only thing I could see him doing in the future is some flashbacks.
Or Time Stone, but I wouldn't put your eggs in that basket right now. It'd be the easiest way to bring him back for, say, Infinity War.
And if Cap ends up dying in Civil War, that Time Stone is gonna see some use either way.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
USPS delivered my Phase 2 collection like an hour ago...

I now own the power gem.

Edit: The gag scenes from the first tag are great.

Tony: What are we avenging?
Fury: Whatever the hell we want!

Yrael

USPS delivered my Phase 2 collection like an hour ago...

I now own the power gem.

Edit: The gag scenes from the first tag are great.

Tony: What are we avenging?
Fury: Whatever the hell we want!

Cool! :)

How many extra deleted scenes are there from Age of Ultron?

fallengorn

Cool! :)

How many extra deleted scenes are there from Age of Ultron?

On the bonus disc? Just a handful... like 3 or 4. That's pretty much the case for most of the movies. Winter Soldier just has one and it's basically the extended interview with Peggy for the Smithsonian exhibit.

Yrael

On the bonus disc? Just a handful... like 3 or 4. That's pretty much the case for most of the movies. Winter Soldier just has one and it's basically the extended interview with Peggy for the Smithsonian exhibit.

Ah, I see. Is one of the deleted scenes the cut cameo with Loki? (I'm still miffed that was left out of the standard blu-ray, haha. >_>)

fallengorn

Ah, I see. Is one of the deleted scenes the cut cameo with Loki? (I'm still miffed that was left out of the standard blu-ray, haha. >_>)

Nope.

If I remember correctly (I just shotgunned everthing) it's Hulk going through a rampage, Strucker about to die, a few interstitial scenes in Sokovia like Cap seeing the graffiti, Black Widow taking down a drone... Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Cap in a small scene between battles, Quicksilver warning people.

Think that covers it.

Yrael

Nope.

If I remember correctly (I just shotgunned everthing) it's Hulk going through a rampage, Strucker about to die, a few interstitial scenes in Sokovia like Cap seeing the graffiti, Black Widow taking down a drone... Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Cap in a small scene between battles, Quicksilver warning people.

Think that covers it.

Aww, damn, I hoped they'd include it. :( Thanks for letting me know!

XAL

He's dead dead. The only thing I could see him doing in the future is some flashbacks.

Killing off a character you just introduced is fucking lame.

I hope Scarlet Witch brings him back from the dead or some shit, maybe Infinity Gauntlet later or something. His speed looked pretty cool and they honestly could have done cool stuff with him.

fucking Whedon.

Pachimari

Lol, I just found this thread I created a long time ago, which confirmed Spidey in Civil War - just came to think about it after seeing the new thread about the same thing recently.

So are people gonna start turning against the Russos because they're confirming Civil War will have lighter, more comedic moments? So much hate for Whedon these days because of the comedy in Age of Ultron lol

Quick

Banned
So are people gonna start turning against the Russos because they're confirming Civil War will have lighter, more comedic moments? So much hate for Whedon these days because of the comedy in Age of Ultron lol

If it's going to be anything like the humour in The Winter Soldier, it's all good to me.

I actually liked Whedon's comedic touch in each Avengers movie.

Yeah only a couple jokes that fell flat for me in AOU, the prima nocta line and the hide the zucchini one. Aside from that the movie was good fun all the way through. Half the time Tony says something silly or quippy he's not actually joking for the sake of being funny and that seems to go over people's heads.

Its legit hilarious at parts. The mjolnir bit with Cap and Thor is gold. And every time Bruce is trying to get Tony to stop talking, Ruffalo's faces are so good.

I love the part where Natasha is looking at the video of the baby on the phone and just says "fat". Gets me every time.

I have faith in the Russos to craft a movie that's just as tense as Winter Soldier but also makes good use of its more comedic characters. You don't do Spider-Man unless you make him funny. It's integral to the character.

dabig2

I have faith in the Russos to craft a movie that's just as tense as Winter Soldier but also makes good use of its more comedic characters. You don't do Spider-Man unless you make him funny. It's integral to the character.

Not to mention Ant-Man will be making an appearance and you know he, Falcon, and Cap are going to have some quips. Well, Ant-Man and every other other character should be a riot to see.

Not to mention Ant-Man will be making an appearance and you know he, Falcon, and Cap are going to have some quips. Well, Ant-Man and every other other character should be a riot to see.

Paul Rudd should kill in this movie jumping around like a puppy dog between Avengers.

1uViu4i.gif

Ant-Man being in the MCU means basically every MCU film will be at least a little bit an Adam McKay movie.

If that's not your thing, there's a grimy Batman in a trenchcoat who'd love to scowl at you.

fallengorn

Anthony Russo have said, that Ant-Man and Spider-Man will be Civil War's comic relief.

Speaking of, they actually show a bit of Paul Rudd in the Civil War part of the featurette that's in the bonus disc in the Phase 2 set. It's really not much, but was surprised to see it since it wasn't in the clip that's floating around.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah only a couple jokes that fell flat for me in AOU, the prima nocta line and the hide the zucchini one. Aside from that the movie was good fun all the way through. Half the time Tony says something silly or quippy he's not actually joking for the sake of being funny and that seems to go over people's heads.

Its legit hilarious at parts. The mjolnir bit with Cap and Thor is gold. And every time Bruce is trying to get Tony to stop talking, Ruffalo's faces are so good.

I love the part where Natasha is looking at the video of the baby on the phone and just says "fat". Gets me every time.

Woah in German Natasha says 'süß/cute' ..

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/spider-man-tom-holland-tobey-maguire-andrew-garfield-1201656472/

Tom Holland talks about his interpretation of Spider-Man:

“The only difference I’m going to tell you is that I’m way younger, and at the moment, there’s going to be both things from Tobey [Maguire] and Andrew’s [Garfield] character that I’m going to steal,” said Holland. “But there’s one very specific path that [director] Jon [Watts] and I agree on and we’d like to take the character down and explore his background.”

Pachimari

Are we doing new threads for all MCU news now, because it seems like it the past weeks? Not that I am complaining about it, I just thought that it didn't go over well with the community and moderators before.

I mean that's why I have been posting news in this thread and production threads instead of creating new threads.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The thing is that people always prefer using the latest thread about a movie in off-topic instead of an older thread in community. Since MCU news usually come in droves, whenever a piece of major news gets a new thread it gets hijacked into a discussion+production thread with smaller news for a while, until another thread is posted and everyone flocks to the more recent one. But yeah, I don't think there's a way to make these threads work "properly".

Pachimari

The thing is that people always prefer using the latest thread about a movie in off-topic instead of an older thread in community. Since MCU news usually come in droves, whenever a piece of major news gets a new thread it gets hijacked into a discussion+production thread with smaller news for a while, until another thread is posted and everyone flocks to the more recent one. But yeah, I don't think there's a way to make these threads work "properly".
Yeah exactly this. But if I remember correctly the community back then complained that there were too many comic based threads filling up OT's. Weren't Neoxon also headhunted for starting up too many Marvel threads?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah exactly this. But if I remember correctly the community back then complained that there were too many comic based threads filling up OT's. Weren't Neoxon also headhunted for starting up too many Marvel threads?
Haha yeah, I remember Neoxon going a bit wild for a while, but I think part of what ended up ticking people off was that it was a single person doing multiple separate threads.

Anyway, I personally don't think some Marvel threads will be a problem considering the insane amount of daily Star Wars threads in the past few weeks. Mods also rain down harder on thread-whining nowadays, so I think people realized it's better to ignore threads they dislike instead of going into them just to complain about it.

Unless it's a thread about horrible news that don't warrant discussion, the preferred general rule now seems to be "new news in new threads" and "don't whine about threads, just ignore them and let the mods decide about locking or not".

eastx

I don't know about everybody else, but if you make new threads for every little thing, I sure won't see them.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just say when I dont have to boother with making good threads with facts anymore.

And in other news, there is another random Thunderbolts Tradepaperback announcements. Unless Marvel make them appear in a movie, the rumored TV show is pretty much confirmed with this.

Quick

Banned
People take thread-making too seriously sometimes, both as the maker and people reacting to it. I think this was a problem before. Everything seems to have cooled down now, and everything is fine.

Production threads are great, thanks in large part to GAMEPROFF's organization of the last few.

This MCU thread is awesome. TDLink put a lot of work into it.

TheOddOne's made god-tier OTs for the Netflix stuff.

Neoxon's a good dude who organized these things pretty well.

Pachimari

Yeah, I love these threads too. So I guess I can just create new threads when there's actual news. I thought about it with the "Defenders are hard to incorporate" and "Dr Strange concept art" but hesitated.

TDLink

People take thread-making too seriously sometimes, both as the maker and people reacting to it. I think this was a problem before. Everything seems to have cooled down now, and everything is fine.

Production threads are great, thanks in large part to GAMEPROFF's organization of the last few.

This MCU thread is awesome. TDLink put a lot of work into it.

TheOddOne's made god-tier OTs for the Netflix stuff.

Neoxon's a good dude who organized these things pretty well.

Yeah I am not sure why people get so uppity about the thread making around here. I almost never make "new news" threads. I enjoy updating this thread (although I've gotten a bit behind on it due to work) though. Thanks for the acknowledgement though haha.

Pachimari

“I think there's probably going to be some aspects that maybe call back to the tone of [the first movie], but for Ant-Man and the Wasp, we have an entirely different template,” Reed reassured. “We know what that template is, and we have an entirely different genre template for that movie. But it's going to remain a surprise. But yes, that's already been decided.”

Much more from Peyton Reed at ComicBookRessources.

I'm so happy we are getting an Ant-Man sequel, and it really seems like Peyton Reed knows what he's doing. Hopefully they explore Hank Pym during flashbacks more, and of course gives Hope more time, and hopefully Janet too. Just cast Catherine Zeta Jones already.

I'm so happy we are getting an Ant-Man sequel, and it really seems like Peyton Reed knows what he's doing. Hopefully they explore Hank Pym during flashbacks more, and of course gives Hope more time, and hopefully Janet too. Just cast Catherine Zeta Jones already.

I think this second movie will be freeing, in the sense that none of Wright's baggage (and I don't mean that negatively per se) will be coming with it. I'm really looking forward to it. Ant-Man was my favorite solo origin film.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

So no heist movie? More of a buddy comedy, perhaps?

FeD.nL

Good read! I really like Peyton (probably the biggest fanboy out of all the MCU directors) and loved Ant-Man, especially after Age of Ultron. Can't wait to see what he and Rudd come up with. Hopefully they get Mckay back on board too.

jmood88

I had low expectations for Ant-Man but it ended up being one of my favorite MCU movies. I can't wait to see what they do with the next one.

diaspora

Was there really anything positive about Tobey's Spider-Man/Peter Parker to draw on? While SM 1 and 2 were better than ASM1 and 2, SPider-Man himself was worse.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Not that they aren't good movies, but Tobey Spider-Man certainly didn't have Spider-Man's personality. That's mostly the writers' fault, of course.
Of course he had golden and silver ages Spider-Man personality, he is just not the modern Spider-Clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom