• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hi-res Guardians of the Galaxy photos:

gotgartwork.png

GUGA-K950-HiRes.jpg

foh7.jpg

More here:

http://www.guardthegalaxy.com/2014/...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That Gamora is 8-bit cover art tier.

Is that blue stone with lines all over it our first look at the third Infinity Stone? Looks like we've got two blue ones, if that's the case, which kinda rules out the possibility of them corresponding with the colors of the Infinity Gems from the comics.

Showaddy

The Gauntlet hasn't been well-established to film viewers, and in filmmaking, establishing stuff to the audience via more than appearing in the background for half a second really, really matters. Even if it appeared very, very briefly onscreen in Thor, having Loki suddenly get the Gauntlet out of the vault and be like "oh and we had this all along and this is what it does" would be really, really poor writing.

The Gauntlet may not even be in Odin's vault anymore seeing as Thor was done before Whedon got involved with Avengers and his long term Thanos plan was developed. I don't remember hearing anything about it in Thor 2 bearing in mind them sticking an Infinity Gem/Stone next to the Infinity Gauntlet in the vault seems pretty important.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I still think Drax looks dumb with the way they handled his tattoos. Should've stuck to simple, more iconic designs. It just looks messy.

To be fair, most of the merchandised stuff from Avengers looked pretty bad as well.

image-lunchavengdual-0-watermark.jpg

The only one that doesn't look funny to me is Iron Man.

eastx

If I had written a charackter for years I would always think that his movies are the best :D

Not a fair sentiment. Mark Waid, author of Superman: Birthright hated Man of Steel, after all. At least we know Captain America 2 doesn't betray the character like that movie did (which of course we knew anyway, but still).

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
MAJOR SPOILERS FOR CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

Not surprising, but this report seems to confirm that
HYDRA
will be the main bad guy in Cap 2.

Apparently, Robert Redford, Agent Sitwell, and Senator Stern are all HYDRA sleeper agents.

It also seems to be a nice tie into
Baron Strucker's
appearance in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

It would certainly give better context to these photos:

chrisevansandscarlettjo.jpg

chrisevansandscarlettjo.jpg

tumblrmmuzy4ztex1qiu2a1.jpg

J10

Banned
That's about what I expected, specifically the Redford bit. I didn't expect the other two though - sounds cool, but Gary Shandling as an agent of HYDRA makes me giggle. Fingers crossed for a mid-credits sequence with Von Strucker and the twins.

There are discussions about it going on in the thread, but some interesting Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. news from Marvel:

-J. August Richard's character Mike Peterson is indeed being transformed into Deathlok
-Lady Sif will come to Earth to track down Lorelei, sister of Amora the Enchantress

Anth0ny

So much for Marvel getting the property back =(

Never say never, though. The movie just needs to be really, really bad. Hulk 2003 was bad, rights reverted back to Marvel, and the rest is history.

Looking back, I'm honestly shocked Marvel got the rights back to Hulk. He's super popular, isn't he? I would have expected F4 rights to revert back before Hulk. He's probably the most popular comic superhero besides... Spidey, Wolverine, Batman, Superman? I guess Iron Man is there now, but not when the rights went back to Marvel. Surprised Universal didn't fight harder to keep the Hulk license, but oh well ^_^

NeonZ

Looking back, I'm honestly shocked Marvel got the rights back to Hulk. He's super popular, isn't he?

Hulk is well known, but that didn't seem to translate into good box office numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom