• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Actress Kim Soo Hyun May Star In The New "Avengers" Film

If Kim Soo Hyun is cast, she will play a doctor who assists Tony Stark/Iron Man, played by Robert Downey Jr. Previous reports said that she would play a villain but now it is known that she will only start out working for Ultron, played by James Spader, then will shift her allegiance to good guy Tony Stark. She and Iron Man may get caught up in a romance.

kim-soo-hyun.jpg

Hmm... never heard of her.

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/marvel-phase-4-new-avengers-movie/87938

According to this report, Marvel is going to kick off Phase 4 with a New Avengers film.
I think the lack of an Iron Man film between Avengers 2 and 3 will be really interesting, especially if we're still getting Thor and Cap sequels in between A2 and A3. I had thought for a while (given the strong rumors of Doctor Strange and Black Panther) that the New Avengers thing might happen right after Avengers 2 specifically as a result of Ultron taking a number of team members temporarily out of commission, this providing a narrative reason for a bunch of new heroes to enter the fray. Given the ending of Thor: The Dark World and these rumors of Cap 3 happening, though, it doesn't seem like that'll be the case. So I wonder where Tony Stark, specifically, will end up at the end of Avengers 2.

I think they are smart to spend time establishing other heroes than going with an Iron Man 4. It may be that RDJ doesn't want to do it, but it's good to avoid franchise fatigue. They don't seem capable of pushing Iron Man's story past the "jealous business rival out for revenge" cliche.

What's going to be interesting is what will happen after Avengers 3. Will RDJ call it quits entirely for Marvel to recast, or will he stay in a supporting role for the Avengers films/cameos only?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I think ideally, he does some walk on or cameo work for some films between Avengers 2 and 3.

After Avengers 3 would be a good time to recast.

I wouldn't mind a refresh and rename for each trilogy (assuming they keep pumping the movies out).

The Avengers trilogy
New Avengers trilogy
Mighty Avengers trilogy

Marvel taps Craig Kyle & Christopher Yost to pen Thor 3

https://twitter.com/variety/status/428685488069672960

Nice. So we know that Phase 3 will almost certainly contain Ant-Man, Cap 3, Thor 3, and Dr. Strange, in addition to whichever other titles they might or might not be working on.

GotG is by far the biggest risk of Phase 2 (I'd even go so far as to say that Marvel is putting all of the risk into that one place and that the other three films - while excellent so far - were not particularly *risky* endeavors), so I don't expect to see much more than tentative news on additional GotG films (or a Nova film, and so on) until after we see the box office returns come in.

Neoxon

Nice. So we know that Phase 3 will almost certainly contain Ant-Man, Cap 3, Thor 3, and Dr. Strange, in addition to whichever other titles they might or might not be working on.

GotG is by far the biggest risk of Phase 2 (I'd even go so far as to say that Marvel is putting all of the risk into that one place and that the other three films - while excellent so far - were not particularly *risky* endeavors), so I don't expect to see much more than tentative news on additional GotG films (or a Nova film, and so on) until after we see the box office returns come in.

We have Ant-Man in 2015, as well as Cap 3, Thor 3, Avengers 3, & Dr. Strange god-knows-when. As for my time-frame guesses...

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor 3, Dr. Strange
2017: Cap 3, [Insert Surprise Here, maybe Black Panther?]
2018: GotG 2/Nova/Inhumans/Whatever Cosmic, Avengers 3

2017: Ms Marvel. Believe!

I'd want them to just go straight up Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel, honestly. I think the "Ms." thing was once a reasonably bold statement (back when it was a major goal women's liberation to make sure that women had access to a prefix equivalent in stature to Mr.) but nowadays it'd seem like a real throwback. Plus she's Captain Marvel in the comics right now.

(Though I'd fucking love Monica Rambeau too).

But yeah, Captain Marvel Carol Danvers would be great specifically because it'd be a good way to have another cosmic Marvel film while introducing a heroine who doesn't *always* have to be about cosmic-level threats, unlike the GotG.

inky

Actually Captain Marvel was what I was thinking of when I said that. I completely agree.

Plus the suit is a million times better.

omg fucking BATROC

i'm so hype for this movie. i can already sense it'll be their best one yet, if the Brubaker run is indicative of the quality at all.

Vibranium

Banned
Can't believe they actually went with the purple and yellow for Batroc :p

It translates really well as a shirt (pants are tactical), the headpiece doesn't really fly in live-action so no complaints for ditching it haha. No stash isn't a big deal either, nobody outside of us geeks really care haha.

Awesome posters for Cap, love Natasha's look. Hopefully she smiles some more, that kind of annoys me how we don't see enough of the free-spirited Widow of the comics.

Yost and Kyle? Those are some of ghe most sterile and lifeless writers in yhe biz. I thought lhase 2 on was all about branching out and using different tones.guess not.

shield

Kinda suprised that as the main villain & titular character, Sebastian Stan's name isn't on the poster - but then Christopher Eccleston didn't have his name on the Thor TDW poster either.

Kinda suprised that as the main villain & titular character, Sebastian Stan's name isn't on the poster - but then Christopher Eccleston didn't have his name on the Thor TDW poster either.

It's weird, they don't seem concerned about hiding Winter Soldier's identity but he's barely on the marketing materials despite being the titular antagonist. But I think they are planning on
Redford being Red Skull
being the REAL big twist no one saw coming...so I guess they're just being blasé about it. The interview with Evans seems to indicate that
the confrontation with Bucky is essentially resolved in the front half of the film, and leads up to the climax and final act being all about Hydra re-surfacing.

All speculation on my part of course, but I'm going to double down on what a lot of us have been guessing regarding
Redford's true identity in this movie

I don't think you need to mark speculation with spoilers. And if Robert Redford DID turn out to be the Red Skull, they'd still need to find a way to explain:

1) HYDRA still being around this whole time
2) how the hell he got back from the Tesseract
3) how he was able to infiltrate SHIELD and reach the very top of the organization (if he only got back during the events of The Avengers, for example, he's only had three years back on Earth by the time of Cap 2)

Personally, I think that might be too much to explain.

Yost and Kyle? Those are some of ghe most sterile and lifeless writers in yhe biz. I thought lhase 2 on was all about branching out and using different tones.guess not.

Are you even trying, brah?

Seriously can't understand that last sentence.

My only complaint with TDW's script (by Yost) was it felt very safe all around, but hey Marvel's equivalent to Bruce Timm and Paul Dini on board? Sign me up!

mjc

Are you even trying, brah?

Seriously can't understand that last sentence.

My only complaint with TDW's script (by Yost) was it felt very safe all around, but hey Marvel's equivalent to Bruce Timm and Paul Dini on board? Sign me up!

Yeah I'll take it, you can do much worse than those two.

inky

Irons is the stranger choice than Eisenberg imo.

I kinda see Luthor being this young ruthless billionaire in Snyder's modern no-red-underwear-Superman world, and that's what this guy has played. Either are better than WW choice anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom