• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Marvel have hired Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari to make the first draft for the Ant-Man sequel. They'll be working on the plots details, while Adam McKay will help out with the broad strokes. Barrer and Ferrari spent six months on the first Ant-Man but were not credited.

Source: Deadline

Pachimari

ZuUrBBS.jpg

A triple post but what can I do. You can now read about how Tom Holland got his role as Peter Parker at The Daily Beast.

“It’s not The Dark Knight,” he says. “One of the special things about what we’re going to try and create is that you’re going to see the biggest independent film ever. It’s not going to be an epic thing.”

“We had to do a movement test and then I said, ‘Can I just demonstrate some of the things that I can do?’ and they all were a little unsure of what I was talking about, and then I did a series of backflips and landed on the X, and was like, ‘Thank you!’ and then just left.”

He first did five self-tapes and then had two auditions; one with Robert Downey Jr. and another with Chris Evans which is were he showed off his moves. He did the self tapes with - among others - John Bernthal who is the Punisher on Daredevil. He also learned that he were cast as Spider-Man the same way as everyone else, online.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So, backflipping will land you jobs? That's going in my CV, then.

Edit: Has anyone picked up Black Widow: Forever Red? Is it any good? I recently found a copy and wanted to see if it's worth getting. (Forever Red is MCU so this seems like the place to ask.)

tomtom94

Marvel have hired Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari to make the first draft for the Ant-Man sequel. They'll be working on the plots details, while Adam McKay will help out with the broad strokes. Barrer and Ferrari spent six months on the first Ant-Man but were not credited.

Source: Deadline

TL;dr, they're doing the same deal as Yost and Kyle on the Thor movies and someone (presumably McKay and Rudd again) will come in and make the dialogue a bit punchier before filming starts.

eastx

Of course he had golden and silver ages Spider-Man personality, he is just not the modern Spider-Clown.

Not much different from making a movie where Superman can only jump really high and fights gangsters, but I doubt many people would prefer that to the version of the character that has existed in their lifetimes.

ryan299

Cate Blanchett in talks to join Thor 3. Hollywood Reporter

Cate Blanchett, coming off her best actress nomination for the 1950s drama Carol, is in final negotiations to join Thor: Ragnarok, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The move comes a little more than a week after the Marvel Studios project hired Stephany Folsom to work on the script.

It is unclear what character Blanchett would play but several sources say that Marvel has been on the hunt for a “bad-ass female.”

tomtom94

All these awesome phase 3 announcements...remember when we thought Iron Man 3 and Winter Soldier were "risky" movies?

Good times.

dabig2

Valkyrie?

Edited: On second thought, she might be Enchantress.

Lot of people thinking Hela, especially since Marvel really wants a woman movie villain. Also, she'll be approaching 50 by the time the movie comes out and thus a bit too old to be the Enchantress. I'd expect an actress around Hemsworth's age or younger to fit that role. Ditto for Valkyrie.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Why did people think these movies would be risky?

the same reason they thought Avengers was risky , they don't know what they were talking about. Go back far enough and they will say IM 1 was risky because he's a D tier hero. Easier to rearrange the argument every year than admit they had no idea the popularity of these properties were way beyond what they imagined.

Did we ever find out who the woman cut from the Avengers 2 was?

I believe in the extras on the disc they said it was actually Ms. Marvel but they thought just throwing her on the screen without any intro was too vague/jarring.

Am I remembering that right? Someone help me out if that sounds correct or not.

Edit: I'm assuming you meant the final scene with the new team?

Pachimari

I believe in the extras on the disc they said it was actually Ms. Marvel but they thought just throwing her on the screen without any intro was too vague/jarring.

No. I think he means the black woman in the cave. And we didn't get to know who she was.

If you mean the woman from The Cave, she was/is a Norn. Which is sort of to the Norse what the Fates are to Ancient Greece.

Captain Marvel would have been where SW was standing iirc but they didn't announce her in time or something.

curb

Banned
Captain Marvel would have been where SW was standing iirc but they didn't announce her in time or something.

I believe she was also had a decent sized role in an early draft of the script but they felt that another new character was too much to fit into an already packed movie.

I don't know why 9gag of all places has this random tidbit, but someone slowed down a moment in the trailer with Bucky and he says something rather spoilery that matches up with his lips. Here's the link, with a possible major spoiler for the film. It could be random speculation but I don't think it is.

Basically, it appears that Bucky is saying "Steve's dead", which isn't completely out of the question considering the source material of the film. We know that Sebastian Stan has a 9-film contract, implying rather heavily he takes up the Cap role at some point in the MCU. It seems to be set in the same underground area as where the final scene of the trailer takes place, so either Bucky is saying something completely different or something happens between the beat down and the moment in the trailer with some unrevealed antagonist of the film. Then, the question of why you'd kill off one of your main characters way before the slaughter that Infinity War will be has to be asked.

Just thought I'd bring up the hypothetical here.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I don't know why 9gag of all places has this random tidbit, but someone slowed down a moment in the trailer with Bucky and he says something rather spoilery that matches up with his lips. Here's the link, with a possible major spoiler for the film. It could be random speculation but I don't think it is.

Basically, it appears that Bucky is saying "Steve's dead", which isn't completely out of the question considering the source material of the film. We know that Sebastian Stan has a 9-film contract, implying rather heavily he takes up the Cap role at some point in the MCU. It seems to be set in the same underground area as where the final scene of the trailer takes place, so either Bucky is saying something completely different or something happens between the beat down and the moment in the trailer with some unrevealed antagonist of the film. Then, the question of why you'd kill off one of your main characters way before the slaughter that Infinity War will be has to be asked.

Tumblr have been freaking out over this since the trailer went live, I think he only appears to say that once someone's put the thought into your head.

whipihguh

Banned
You can sync lips to say a lot of things. I'll believe it once we have other pieces of evidence that support it.
We know Cap is gonna be in at least one of the Infinity War films (right?), so I don't see the point of killing him off in Civil War just to bring him back in Infinity War to likely kill him off again.

Even that is what he says, it doesn't mean Steve's actually dead.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

giphyg5oox.gif

He's actually saying "Injustiça" (Injustice)

I know it's pretty bullshit, but the supposed lip syncing along with Stan's film deal and the title material made me think there could be something to it. But, looking at it again, he could literally be saying anything. I just thought it might be pertinent to bring up.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I know it's pretty bullshit, but the supposed lip syncing along with Stan's film deal and the title material made me think there could be something to it. But, looking at it again, he could literally be saying anything. I just thought it might be pertinent to bring up.
Even the kid of Iron Man 3 has now a 6 movie contract. Everyone gets a big ass movie contract, that means nothing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
God I remember those rumours about the fact he had a multi-picture contract because he was going to become Kid Nova. Frightening times.
Nah, that was a single gaffer who liked to repeat that nonsense. He always said it was hinted and when someone asked him whats the hints were, he never answered clearly.

Rootbeer

Banned
tom holland video interview. he talks spidey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbRgSdf5s0k

Nah, that was a single gaffer who liked to repeat that nonsense. He always said it was hinted and when someone asked him whats the hints were, he never answered clearly.

Oh, oh! That was me! But it wasn't coming from me. There was a lot of talk about it around the net, and on his own twitter feed. And yes, I posted sources at the time. Unless you mean someone else.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh, oh! That was me! But it wasn't coming from me. There was a lot of talk about it around the net, and on his own twitter feed. And yes, I posted sources at the time. Unless you mean someone else.

Pretty sure I mean someone else, but I remember calling you out on this, too, lol^^

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
DarthOrange, although I used to joke about that too
I just want to see Mr Dick Rider kicking ass on the big any screen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom