• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Yet another update from the Russos. They say, that they want Infinity War to put the spotlight on Avengers characters who haven't had their own A story arc.

"Everything is finite, right? Nothing can last forever. It's cyclical. Some New Avengers in phase 4 are going to become prominent and then maybe some Avengers might not be around anymore. So, we'll see how all this plays out but you have to treat every character with respect. I think it's interesting that if you've seen four or five movies with the lead character having an arc, I want to see some story telling from some of the secondary characters. We're focusing on that right now with Infinity War while we're breaking into those movies, [asking] which characters can we pull to the forefront who potentially haven't had their own 'A' story arc to this point. I think you'll see that the supporting Avengers are going to become primary Avengers."

I find this very interesting.

Yep pretty much every big event series picks a few lesser-featured heroes and gives them a bigger role to play, the ones that catch fire and become popular eventually end up becoming mainline Avengers down the road. That's the exact strategy that they'll apply in Infinity War, since they are going to need to retire the core team for a while after that.

Pachimari

I would still expect the OG Avengers to be the main guys though. But yeah, the rotating rosters and other heroes coming to the front isn't anything new.

Dalek

COLLECTOR Not Returning For GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2 Says DEL TORO

While most of the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy is returning for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, at least one central character won't be among them - at least not as far as the actor playing him knows. Benicio Del Toro says that he hasn't been contacted to reprise his role as the Collector for the upcoming sequel.

“I don’t think so,” Del Toro told ComingSoon when asked about The Collector returning. “They would have told me, I hope.”

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is expected to begin filming this March. If Collector doesn't show up, that might put a wrench in Newsarama's theory about Peter Quill's parentage.

Still, Del Toro isn't opposed to reprising the role should director James Gunn and Marvel come calling.

“I do hope to play that character again at some point,” he confessed.

And chances are, he’ll get that opportunity. After all, the Collector still has possession of one of the Infinity Stones, left in his care in the stinger scene of Thor: The Dark World.

(Crossposted from Agent Carter thread)

"AGENT CARTER" SEASON 2 TO INCLUDE TIE-IN TO "'DOCTOR STRANGE' UNIVERSE"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...-to-include-tie-in-to-doctor-strange-universe

Season two of "Agent Carter" will feature more ties to Marvel's shared universe, including some that stretch far beyond the comparatively grounded corner the ABC series resides in. Hayley Atwell's super spy will travel to Los Angeles for season two with Jarvis (James D'Arcy) in tow to investigate Isodyne Energy. There they'll go up against the Marvel Cinematic Universe's version of Madame Masque, a classic Iron Man villain brought to life by Wynn Everett. And, as revealed last year, the season will also include the extra-dimensional energy known as the Darkforce.

When asked if Isodyne Energy is connected to the Darkforce, Fazekas answered affirmatively. "Basically, Isodyne is a company that we invented based in part on real life companies like Radiodyne or General Atomic or the beginnings of the Jet Propulsion Lab -- all of which were in L.A. in the '40s, and were developing the space program and were developing nukes," explained Fazekas. "That's what Isodyne is, and what you'll learn is they were involved in the nuclear testing out in the desert when they were testing the, at the time they were calling it the atom bomb -- and one of these tests didn't go as expected. You'll learn more about that in Season 2, but they stumble upon what people in the Marvel Universe will know as Darkforce, but because they've never seen it before they just name it Zero Matter. That's our tie-in to the 'Doctor Strange' universe, and also to 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' because you've seen it in 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' as well."

From Louis D'Esposito's Twitter...

https://twitter.com/louisde2/status/687071468262273024

Guess what meeting I'm in.

CYj326XUkAAh7p3.jpg

AMUSIX

Over on reddit, a user named jmazala pointed out a little thing that I thought was kind of neat.

Tony's villains have been corrupt individuals: Killian, Stane, Hammer.
Steve's villains have been corrupt organizations: Nazi-Hydra, SHIELD-Hydra.

Tony ends up seeing the individual as corruptible, and the need for a stronger governing body/watchdog.
Steve ends up seeing the institution as corruptible, and in need of individual oversight.

Thus you get the two sides of Civil War.

Granted, the theory isn't iron-clad, but it fits nicely enough if Marvel wanted to make it work.

Over on reddit, a user named jmazala pointed out a little thing that I thought was kind of neat.

Tony's villains have been corrupt individuals: Killian, Stane, Hammer.
Steve's villains have been corrupt organizations: Nazi-Hydra, SHIELD-Hydra.

Tony ends up seeing the individual as corruptible, and the need for a stronger governing body/watchdog.
Steve ends up seeing the institution as corruptible, and in need of individual oversight.

Thus you get the two sides of Civil War.

Granted, the theory isn't iron-clad, but it fits nicely enough if Marvel wanted to make it work.
It works, honestly. A far stronger basis than the comic event, most assuredly.

Pachimari

I wonder what James Gunn even wants to do with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. There's no Thanks, no Collector but we get Mantis and the whole subplot of Star-Lord's father. Curious to see what the story will be and who the baddie ends up being.

Lol a lot of phones autocorrect Thanos to "thanks" maybe that's what he meant.

Gunn said GOTG VOL. 2 is is own original story, so maybe he's using an original villain?

guek

Banned
I wonder what James Gunn even wants to do with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. There's no Thanks, no Collector but we get Mantis and the whole subplot of Star-Lord's father. Curious to see what the story will be and who the baddie ends up being.

I'm going to guess it'll be centered around Adam Warlock/Magus and the Universal Church of Truth

shingi70

Banned
I really wonder how marvel plans to make Thanos a credible threat and build him up. Look at the upcoming films on the docket

Civil War
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-man
Thor Ragnarock
Black Panther

Outside of Thor Ragnarock there isn't much to go on as far as bringing Thanos in. I understand Gunn wants to his own thing, but with Vol.2 being about Fathers Thanos is a rather odd omission considering he's a father to both Gamora and Nova.

Also I'm curious if Black Panther, Ant-man and Wasp, and Cap Marvel take place between the Infinty War films with theme dealing with things on earth while the Avengers are out in space.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't think we'll get much, if any, Thanos until Infinity War proper. Maybe we'll get some Thanos origins type of deal with flashbacks in IW part 1?

I really wonder how marvel plans to make Thanos a credible threat and build him up. Look at the upcoming films on the docket

Civil War
Doctor Strange
Spider-man
Thor Ragnarock
Black Panther

Outside of Thor Ragnarock there isn't much to go on as far as bringing Thanos in. I understand Gunn wants to his own thing, but with Vol.2 being about Fathers Thanos is a rather odd omission considering he's a father to both Gamora and Nova.

Also I'm curious if Black Panther, Ant-man and Wasp, and Cap Marvel take place between the Infinty War films with theme dealing with things on earth while the Avengers are out in space.

Have Thanos kill Quill's father in GotG2.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

Civil War
Doctor Strange
Spider-man
Thor Ragnarock
Black Panther

? Nova????

wait what? Nebula? Thats his niece btw, maybe they changed it for the film but just as Gamora's home was destroyed and her people killed and she was adopted, Thanos returned to Titan and killed most of the Eternals there including Nebulas fam, at least he thinks so.

guek

Banned
? Nova????

wait what? Nebula? Thats his niece btw, maybe they changed it for the film but just as Gamora's home was destroyed and her people killed and she was adopted, Thanos returned to Titan and killed most of the Eternals there including Nebulas fam, at least he thinks so.

Nebula claimed to be Thanos' granddaughter back in the day but I don't know if that was ever validated or disproven.

Gunn isn't a fan of Nova or Richard Rider and says he wont be in any of his movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom