• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Nebula claimed to be Thanos' granddaughter back in the day but I don't know if that was ever validated or disproven.

Gunn isn't a fan of Nova or Richard Rider and says he wont be in any of his movies.

Not true at all. He said he thought Nova looked silly and he wasn't using Richard Rider in GotG 1. He never said he would never use him in his movies, nor did he say he disliked the character. Also, despite his comments, he still used the silly ass Nova helmet on the Corps in his film.

Neoxon

So the latest (& possibly final) draft of the Guardians Vol. 2 script was finished about 3 days ago.

tumblr_o0wsnrWPkn1r8eobwo1_1280.jpg

Gunn said GOTG VOL. 2 is is own original story, so maybe he's using an original villain?
There's nothing to suggest using an original villain. They could easily use existing characters in a different fashion. They already said Star-Lord's father isn't J-Sonn, so they're already doing their own thing. Doesn't mean an original villain. Probably some D-tier cosmic villain no one cares about.
This is why I hate Agents of Shield.

Seems like a really stupid reason to hate a show.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://collider.com/captain-america...ersocial&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

New Russo bros interview.

On Civil War:
“Of course, Winter Soldier was a political thriller. We think of Civil War as a psychological thriller. It’s a complicated movie. And yes, it divides these people that you’ve known to not only be a team, but Cap and Natasha, in this movie, they’re evolving into a surrogate family for each other. So, it’s a closer group of people that’s being divided. That’s a difficult thing to do.”

“There’s a good portion of [Civil War] that’s actually funnier than Winter Soldier, because there are characters in that film, that come from worlds where the tone is more comedic. Not all the characters in that movie have the same history as the Avengers. They’re coming at the problem of the film, not embedded with that baggage.”

“They’re not tied to the central arc of the movie with the same motivation as the other characters, so they can be lighter. I think there are a lot lighter moments because there are much darker moments as well. We did have to work very hard at that.”

“The next month is the hardest part of the editing process cause we’re right at the point where we’re…I’d say in about a month from now, we’ll be what we call ‘locking picture.’ So the movie will be set in stone at that point. We’ll still have visual effects to work on for another six weeks or so after that point.”

“This has been the easiest post process we’ve ever had on a film. We’re very happy with how the movie was. Everyone is very happy with where the movie was. For us, the tricky thing is the effects because it’s a very complicated movie and there are some really big sequences in the film. The effects are on a much larger scale than the work we did on Winter Soldier. That’s the part that becomes really difficult because you don’t have a lot of time and everyone has very high standards. So everyone starts killing themselves at this point. We’re finishing up the music – Henry Jackman is back to score and we’re really happy with the score. He leaves for London in two weeks and we do a few reshoots next week…we’ll be done with the movie in 2 and a half months.”

On Spider-Man:
“It was a very long process. Kind of thing we had to lobby for for months. What happens during a long process like that, you’re continuing to develop the movie and the character. During the time that it takes you to convince the powers that be to make the jump and let you do that, you’ve engrained the character so deeply into the story at that point that you’d have to destroy the story to take him out. So, by the time we found out that he’d be in the movie, it wasn’t so much elation than like ‘Thank God! We don’t have to blow the whole movie up.'”

“I’m a comic book fan and collector, since I was a kid, and he’s my favorite character. And to get a chance to reinvent that character…For me, I really wanted to see somebody cast who was very close to a high schooler’s age…What was so valuable to me about the character, when I was a kid, is that he’s a high schooler with this power and responsibility, and it makes him very distinct as a hero. It makes him distinct from the other characters in the Marvel Universe, who are confident, experienced superheroes. It’s super important to have that color of the movie, and we felt that it was invaluable and we do think it goes a long way. That character helps us balance out the tone of the movie.”

On Infinity War:
“We were being figurative when we said [67 characters] and people took it as literal but there’s a lot of characters. Infinity War is meant to be the culmination of the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe up to that point. It’s very ambitious in its scope, it wants to take everythign that you’ve seen before and coalesce into some kinda of climactic ending. It’s complicated , ambitious storytelling…We’re not talking about lead characters, just people that make an appearance.”

“We start shooting both of them later this year in November and we’re primarily going to be based in Atlanta again. That’s where we’ll do out stage work and some exteriors. There will be locations from around the world involved as well. We actually relocate to Atlanta in late July to finish up pre-production there. We don’t come back to L.A. until the following June.”

“We’re shooting them concurrently, meaning that some days we’ll be shooting the first movie and some days we’ll be shooting the second movie. Just jumping back and forth. We won’t look like this next year.”

guek

Banned
Not true at all. He said he thought Nova looked silly and he wasn't using Richard Rider in GotG 1. He never said he would never use him in his movies, nor did he say he disliked the character. Also, despite his comments, he still used the silly ass Nova helmet on the Corps in his film.

I thought he said he wasn't on planning on putting Nova in his movies but I can't be arsed to find the quote so I'll defer to your memory.

Awwww man, I thought there would be a webbing pattern. That went from insta-buy to hell no. Oh well, cap hoodie it is for me then.

Awwww man, I thought there would be a webbing pattern. That went from insta-buy to hell no. Oh well, cap hoodie it is for me then.

I dunno, I still like it minus the arm guard-looking parts on the lower arms.

I'm hoping the movie costume is closer to classic Spider-Man, since this apparently has nothing to do with the movie.

The Kree

Banned
I thought he said he wasn't on planning on putting Nova in his movies but I can't be arsed to find the quote so I'll defer to your memory.

There clearly is a webbing pattern. It's just irregular.

Pachimari

I will approve of any Spidey costume as long as it won't have the armpit webbing.

I also don't think we will see Spidey this week or even this month. We'll probably start seeing him in March.

Quick

Banned
Disney ninjas will have a hard time.

They're doing shoots outdoors, but if I had to guess, anything significant would mostly be indoors.

if Disney was able to keep a lid on The Force Awakens for the most part, Infinity War seems like less trouble.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I will approve of any Spidey costume as long as it won't have the armpit webbing.

I also don't think we will see Spidey this week or even this month. We'll probably start seeing him in March.
They really should pull a Luke on him. Maybe show some webs and tease him, but dont show him.

guek

Banned

AMUSIX

Russos said:
We’re shooting them concurrently, meaning that some days we’ll be shooting the first movie and some days we’ll be shooting the second movie.
That means there's going to be a TON of casting that happens this year. Because it's not just heroes that show in IW, but in IW2, and those characters introduced in between. Heck, I'd think even some Inhumans.

Just want to know who's playing Carol....

Oh, speaking of which, off to order the Sideshow statue..

That means there's going to be a TON of casting that happens this year. Because it's not just heroes that show in IW, but in IW2, and those characters introduced in between. Heck, I'd think even some Inhumans.

Just want to know who's playing Carol....

Oh, speaking of which, off to order the Sideshow statue..

Uh oh... sound the Slayven alert.

duckroll

Nah. They're not going to randomly shoot cocurrently. It'll be planned around other casting plans so if Marvel isn't casting certain rokes this year they will just shoot scenes with those characters next year or whatever. They probably have budget set aside for reshoots too just in case there are last minute additions.

TDLink

Nah. They're not going to randomly shoot cocurrently. It'll be planned around other casting plans so if Marvel isn't casting certain rokes this year they will just shoot scenes with those characters next year or whatever. They probably have budget set aside for reshoots too just in case there are last minute additions.

While true, I think probably the big roles like Captain Marvel (For example) are likely to be cast this year. I mean they cast Black Panther and Spider Man before their movies so they could be in Civil War

duckroll

While true, I think probably the big roles like Captain Marvel (For example) are likely to be cast this year. I mean they cast Black Panther and Spider Man before their movies so they could be in Civil War

They cast Black Panther specifically because he had a major role in Civil War, yes. But Spider-man is kinda different. They cast him and announced a director for his film as well, indicating that it was the result of Sony and Marvel wanting to fast track the entire project. I guess it depends where a character like Captain Marvel will fall under.

Pachimari

Jessica Jones gets Season 2.

UPDATE: I asked Netflix's CCO Ted Sarandos when we might see Jessica Jones and he says it will all depend on the scheduling of The Defenders, which itself is still to be determined. So whether we'll see the new Jessica season before or after The Defenders is still a question

I hope this and The Punisher releases after The Defenders. To me personally, the next season will have an uphill battle without
David Tennant as Kilgrave
, it was almost the only hook of the show.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Depends on how fast they can get Iron Fist up and running. I can see JJ season 2 airing the same year as Iron Fist. Then Defenders in 2018.

Tossing Punisher in complicates things, unless they're willing to start having three Marvel series a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom