• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Don't know if this was posted;
http://www.slashfilm.com/spider-man-in-captain-america-civil-war-2/

Part of the reasons of what was so secretive was that the deals were always lagging slightly behind how we were using the character. We were always in danger of upsetting the deal—there were still sensitive issues going on between the two studios that they needed to agree on. When we were casting Tom Holland, when we were screen-testing him for the movie there was a whole very involved kind of process that was under the radar and secretive, because of the fact that it was still a sensitive business issue.

… The reason why I preface that is we’re still kind of in “deal zone”. The reason why we still won’t talk about [the costume] is that Marvel and Sony still have to work out what uses they have for the character, on a promotional level, on a commercial level. There’s still complications as far as that goes that involves business deals.

So we're not seeing Spidey yet, because not everything has been settled between Sony and Marvel. I hope they figure it out soon.

Neoxon

shingi70

Banned
For 2016 it goes.

Sucide Squad
Civil War
Batman V Superman
Doctor Strange
Deadpool
X-men

I'm surprised Marvel and Sony have to negotiate merchandise, I just assumed Peter being on it would be a no brainer unless it's about how much space to getsbin relation to the guys Marvel has outright.

Pachimari

I think mine is, in terms of excitement (and that changes every time new media is released) at this point:

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Deadpool
3. Suicide Squad
4. Wonder Woman
5. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
6. Doctor Strange
7. X-Men: Apocalypse

Honestly, it's mostly because some of the films are close to release, that I'm getting more excited.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I only make a 2016 list, because it would be unfair against DC movies.

2. Doctor Strange
3. Deadpool
4. Suicide Squad
5. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
6. X-Men: Apocalypse

Still, I have to see more of DCs movies to get really excited over them. But the Suicide Squad Trailer really looked great.

duckroll

Oooh oooh oooh I love to post pointless lists about what popcorn garbage I'm excited about because I only have one hobby and am obsessive about having to tell everyone how excited I am about the only things I am interested in!!!!!!

1. Lol.
2. (__o__)
3. :p
4. Zzzzz.
5. Captain America: Civil War

strafer

the only movie im not really sold on yet is Deadpool.

Not sure what vibe im suppose to get from it.

and I hate the jokes Ryan did in the trailers.

Oooh oooh oooh I love to post pointless lists about what popcorn garbage I'm excited about because I only have one hobby and am obsessive about having to tell everyone how excited I am about the only things I am interested in!!!!!!

1. Lol.
2. (__o__)
3. :p
4. Zzzzz.
5. Captain America: Civil War

feeling some kinda way about this
wmb0VNS.png

no need, we're all friends in here

tomtom94

One bad thing about The Big Short getting the Academy Award nomination is that it probably makes a return from Adam McKay for Ant-Man and the Wasp unlikely.

Alternatively it will make the posters for that absolutely hilarious

duckroll

One bad thing about The Big Short getting the Academy Award nomination is that it probably makes a return from Adam McKay for Ant-Man and the Wasp unlikely.

Why would that be so? All he did was help out with a script pass. I'm sure he'll be willing to do it again if they're interested.

mreddie

He's still likely to do it, he and Farrell are doing Witch Hunters 2 for fuck sakes.

Anth0ny

I'm wondering, what is everybody's most anticipated comic book movies now in general?

2. BvS
3. Deadpool
4. Suicide Squad
5. X-Men: Apocalypse
6. Doctor Strange

Civil War is #1 because of everyone that's going to be in it and I'm pretty sure it'll be amazing thanks to the Russo Bros. Batman vs. Superman is #2 because of everyone that's going to be in it... but I don't know if Snyder will be able to pull it off. Judging from Man of Steel things aren't looking good, but I still have hope.

With the exception of a great Spider-Man, nothing would make me happier than a great Batman and an awesome kickoff to the DCCU.

guek

Banned

You can read me like a book, duckroll. Like a goddamn book.

1. Civil War
2. Dr. Strange
3. Suicide Squad
4. X-men Apocalypse
5. SkullpoopL
6. BvS

I'm excited for all of them though obviously a bit pessimistic about BvS.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/mark-ruffalo-thor-ragnarok-midnight-run-across-universe/

Mark Ruffalo talks Thor Ragnarok:

“There’s a little bit of Midnight Run, with [Charles] Grodin and [Robert] De Niro,” Ruffalo told Empire. "I feel like that’s kind of where we’re heading with this relationship between Thor and Banner.” So is it a road movie? “It is a universal road movie – that’s where we’re heading,” he says, adding cryptically: “It’s not where you'd think it will be, so it’s not your classic road movie but it has that structure, I think."

Aceun

Did someone say LIST?!?

2. Deadpool
3. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
4. Dr. Strange
5. Suicide Squad
6. X-men: Apocalypse

Penguin

Exis

They should just combine them into a Heros for Hire show, frees up a full show slot for something new like Moon Knight, The Hood or She Hulk.

TDLink

You know, James Gunn is exactly the right person to handle Ego. It will work with the personality and tone they've established with the first GotG movie. It's one of those really out there concepts that no one can take seriously...but it's going to work for this movie.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
http://www.geek.com/news/exclusive-...e-one-of-marvels-weirdest-characters-1645069/

Ego the Living Planet is going to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.

Ego-The-Living-Planet.jpg

I remember explaining to my SO about how Guardians 1 was about a half-Earthling, 2 humanoid aliens, a talking trigger-happy raccoon and a big ass tree that says nothing but "I AM GROOT". She needed a few days and a couple of panels to see how that would work.

Now... I'm up for the task to explain fucking Ego :D

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.geek.com/news/exclusive-the-big-bad-of-thor-ragnarok-and-the-destruction-1645203/

So it looks like Hela will be one of the villains of Thor: Ragnarok.

Sources have confirmed with Geek.com that the big bad of Thor: Ragnarok will be Hela, the Marvel comic book character who is the ruler of Hel and the realm of Niflheim. Considering Ruffalo let slip that Blanchett will play a baddie, it’s probably safe to assume that she’ll assume the role of Hela. She’ll be her normal comic book self, complete with her cloak and power over the dead souls of the Nine Realms. Hela will make it to Asgard, where she’ll be in cahoots with Tom Hiddleston’s Loki, current motives unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom