• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

oE5xaqR.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm not that thrilled about Yondu and Nebula joining the team. I were really hoping for new characters for the team. Like Cosmo and some of those other ones from the comics.
It still has to be true.
I find it suspicious that geek.com has suddently all these insider knowledge

AMUSIX

I could see them being brought on as extra members helping to handle the big bad...but still not officially Guardians...

Then again, Gamora was trying to save her sister at the end of the first one....

Yrael

‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Director Taika Waititi Promises a Funnier ‘Thor’ Movie

As previously teased by Marvel’s Kevin Feige, Thor: Ragnarok is going to be more humorous than the previous Thor films, which are often regarded as the lesser products of the MCU. While speaking with The Wrap about his new film, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Waititi confirmed that Thor: Ragnarok will be funnier while taking a slight dig at The Dark World.

When asked how he plans on making Ragnarok more humorous, Waititi explained, “I’ll just take the second Thor film and add some jokes to that.” Sounds easy enough! Kidding aside, if anyone can make a funny Thor movie, it’s Waititi, who has an impeccable sense of humor and heart.

That...doesn't feel like it ought to be the tone for Ragnarok. The trouble with The Dark World wasn't that it didn't have enough jokes.

Well, I'll have to trust in Waititi. I did enjoy What We Do In The Shadows, and wouldn't mind its subtle, deadpan style of humour.

The Kree

Banned
I don't understand why you'd make Ragnarok a comedy. I really don't.

The Thor trilogy could have been Marvel's Lord of the Rings. EARTH IS BORING, YOU IDIOTS.

Vibranium

Banned
Man, the Thor movies are pretty much the punching bag for the entire MCU. Not expecting anything good, they keep repeating their mistakes when it comes to the scripts.

I'd rather have a Richard Rider Nova movie by now to prove to Gunn that he isn't silly, and also so he can come back to comic books.

Absolutely. Missed opportunity.

It's truer than anything I've heard today. It's a big problem when these studios don't capitalize on what type of film the movie should be. In this case, the Thor films should be fantasy epics. Instead we get sci-fi/fantasy/rom-com bullshit. And now the new director wants MORE of that? Good lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom