• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal_killerxx

Cap and Widow have been together since the early 2000s

perfectscore.jpg

Woooooah, what is this from?

inky

It's funny how 2 of you carefully spoiler tag the news, and another 2 just give it away lol.

I don't care about spoilers mind you, just amused by the exchange.

Why would we? She's long gone anyway. We'll likely hear about where he ended up after Age of Ultron, or maybe something that happened after Incredible Hulk but I think it'll be focused on Bruce Banner alone.

I'm not expecting/predicting it'll be a big thing, but maybe like a line or something.

Woooooah, what is this from?

The Perfect Score, I think.

It's funny how 2 of you carefully spoiler tag the news, and another 2 just give it away lol.

I don't care about spoilers mind you, just amused by the exchange.

Well, richiek did it first, so I just followed Cap.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It is possible and it would be rad, but I wouldn't put much weight into toys to be honest. There was a Grey Hulk Funko for Age of Ultron iirc, and the Lego sets usually make a bunch of stuff up too.

El Topo

Remember when Hank became Ant-Man at the end?

Hank was Ant-Man in the movie. In a flashback. For maybe twenty seconds.
Well, what are they gonna do, make a female figure for the Wasp? I guess maybe they wanted to avoid spoilers and neither makes much sense anyway. Can't blame 'em.

AMUSIX

Yeah, I've found peoples' opinions on the Marvel movies are so varied that trying to make any definitive list is useless.

Which is why I'm going to suggest a list in another direction....Rank the MCU by their 3rd act final battle.

Of course, this requires some definition as to where the final battle begins, and what it entails...so:

Iron Man - Iron Man vs Iron Monger...really from the appearance of Iron Monger.
The Incredible Hulk - Hulk vs Abomination...from Banner's dive out of the Helicopter
Iron Man 2 - The fight at the Expo...Iron Man vs War Machine & Drones/Iron Man & War Machine vs Drones & Whiplash
Thor - Warriors Three & Thor vs Destroyer / Thor vs Loki
Captain America: The First Avenger - Raid on Red Skull's Base / Cap vs the Flying Fortress & Red Skull
The Avengers - Battle of NY (from Iron Man's fall out of Stark Tower)
Iron Man 3 - Rhodey & Stark & The House Party vs Killian & Extremis Soldiers
Thor: The Dark World - Thor vs Malekith
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Cap & Friends vs Bucky & The Helicarriers Three
Guardians of the Galaxy - Guardians & Nova Corps & Ravagers vs Ronin and his forces
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Battle of Sokovia (from the evacuation of the residents)
Ant-Man - Infiltration of Pymtech / Ant-Man vs Yellow Jacket

So, for me, it's all about the Tiers (though they're more or less arranged in order within those tiers):

A:
Avengers
Iron Man 2
Guardians
B:
Winter Soldier
Thor: TDW
Captain America
Ant-Man
Ultron
Thor
C:
Iron Man 3
Incredible Hulk
D:
Iron Man

curb

Banned
Except for the pop vinyl with the name GiAnt-Man being brought up.

I think the point was to not base speculation solely on Lego sets since they often have aspects not in their associated movies.
Giant-Man
in Civil War has other supporting evidence though as you point out.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I started seeing some Captain America: Civil War merchandise and food items in stores. These were at a Target.

I also saw a box set of mini-figurines of a lot of the cast, but I forgot to take a picture of it.

They dun fucked up Cap's shield.

curb

Banned
I just finished rewatching Incredible Hulk. I still really like it even though it's far from my favorite MCU flick. There's a couple parts that really stick out as memorable to me like
Betty yelling for Hulk to stop strangling Abomination

Overall not great but certainly not terrible. The idea that it doesn't fit into the MCU and has been somehow retconned out just make no sense to me. Sure there's some odd spots continuity-wise but nothing major to me.

mreddie

I just finished rewatching Incredible Hulk. I still really like it even though it's far from my favorite MCU flick. There's a couple parts that really stick out as memorable to me like
Betty yelling for Hulk to stop strangling Abomination

Overall not great but certainly not terrible. The idea that it doesn't fit into the MCU and has been somehow retconned out just make no sense to me. Sure there's some odd spots continuity-wise but nothing major to me.

They retconned Betty. Seriously, no one in the movies has brought her up and I'm sure it would be easy to bring her up.

curb

Banned
They retconned Betty. Seriously, no one in the movies has brought her up and I'm sure it would be easy to bring her up.

I personnaly don't think retconned is the right word. Bruce has moved away from that part of his life, just with no exposition about why. It could be attributed to prolonged separation mixed with being with others including Widow, who understand where he's coming from.

I do agree that one line of dialogue could easily tie that thread up though.

Edit: I think that cradle line in Avengers 1 points to Bruce knowing his life has irreversibility gone down a different path than he wanted - perhaps even including Betty.

jph139

Bruce left Betty for years after first becoming the Hulk, shows up again for like a week, then leaves without really even saying goodbye. They clearly have a lot of love for each other, but I doubt Bruce wants to put her through the stresses and traumas of dating the Hulk. She seemed to have put a pretty decent life together without him.

Dude's a loner for a reason. He has no interest in putting Betty in the crosshairs of her father, the government, giant green monsters, Avengers villains...

I'd love a namedrop though.

curb

Banned
Bruce left Betty for years after first becoming the Hulk, shows up again for like a week, then leaves without really even saying goodbye. They clearly have a lot of love for each other, but I doubt Bruce wants to put her through the stresses and traumas of dating the Hulk. She seemed to have put a pretty decent life together without him.

Dude's a loner for a reason. He has no interest in putting Betty in the crosshairs of her father, the government, giant green monsters, Avengers villains...

I'd love a namedrop though.

This. I'm sure Bruce did a lot of soul searching after the events of IH. He may have held onto hope while in South America but after his run in with Mr. Blue and Abomination, I suspect he realized which way his life was destined to go.

During the widely-advertised battle between Iron Man and the Hulk, part of Tony Stark's battle plan involves a piece of hardware he calls "Veronica." When asked why that was the case, Whedon explained that it tied back to Bruce Banner's own personal backstory.

More particularly, to Betty Ross, Hulk's love interest in his solo movies and the comics.

"You know, I just decided to call it Veronica because he used to be in love with a girl named Betty and Veronica is the opposite of that," Whedon said, obviously referencing Betty and Veronica, who compete for Archie Andrews' attentions in Archie.

"I was always wondering that, but I thought I was breaking some Marvel taboo by asking that," Ruffalo joked.

It's a Whedon joke.

Pachimari

Centers on Bobbi Morse (a.k.a. Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., two ex-spies and ex-spouses who are on the run with no friends, no S.H.I.E.L.D. and a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads. Able to trust no one but each other, Bobbi and Hunter form an uneasy alliance with Dominic Fortune (Delroy Lindo), a rogue adventurer with a wealth of resources and even more adversaries, who agrees to protect them so long as they help him with his own agenda. These two heroes will help anyone in need, all while trying to uncover the conspiracy that put their own lives in jeopardy.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Why does everyone think they will left AoS? When its really on Agent Carters spot, they can be back when the regular shows starts again.

I wonder why...

Centers on Bobbi Morse (a.k.a. Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., two ex-spies and ex-spouses who are on the run with no friends, no S.H.I.E.L.D. and a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads. Able to trust no one but each other, Bobbi and Hunter form an uneasy alliance with Dominic Fortune (Delroy Lindo), a rogue adventurer with a wealth of resources and even more adversaries, who agrees to protect them so long as they help him with his own agenda. These two heroes will help anyone in need, all while trying to uncover the conspiracy that put their own lives in jeopardy.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Since cracking down on threads about just lists

THR ranked any and all Marvel-related movies

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...tem/blade-trinity-marvel-movies-ranked-866935
What an awful list.

Which is why I'm going to suggest a list in another direction....Rank the MCU by their 3rd act final battle.

Of course, this requires some definition as to where the final battle begins, and what it entails...so:

Iron Man - Iron Man vs Iron Monger...really from the appearance of Iron Monger.
The Incredible Hulk - Hulk vs Abomination...from Banner's dive out of the Helicopter
Iron Man 2 - The fight at the Expo...Iron Man vs War Machine & Drones/Iron Man & War Machine vs Drones & Whiplash
Thor - Warriors Three & Thor vs Destroyer / Thor vs Loki
Captain America: The First Avenger - Raid on Red Skull's Base / Cap vs the Flying Fortress & Red Skull
The Avengers - Battle of NY (from Iron Man's fall out of Stark Tower)
Iron Man 3 - Rhodey & Stark & The House Party vs Killian & Extremis Soldiers
Thor: The Dark World - Thor vs Malekith
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Cap & Friends vs Bucky & The Helicarriers Three
Guardians of the Galaxy - Guardians & Nova Corps & Ravagers vs Ronin and his forces
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Battle of Sokovia (from the evacuation of the residents)
Ant-Man - Infiltration of Pymtech / Ant-Man vs Yellow Jacket

So, for me, it's all about the Tiers (though they're more or less arranged in order within those tiers):

S:
Iron Man 3
A:
Avengers
Ant-Man
Iron Man 2
Guardians
B:
Winter Soldier
Thor: TDW
Captain America
Ultron
Thor
C:
Iron Man
D:
Incredible Hulk
Good idea! :)
Fixed that list for you though.

Not sure I'm liking what I'm reading. Totally divorcing Bobbi and Hunter from AoS seems like a bad idea.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
'Rumour': Finn Jones will play Danny Rand in Iron Fist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY4GS2GRL1I
JoBlo recently confirmed that the casting information we had received about Slingshot on Marvel's Agents of Shield was accurate, the same source that provided us with that news may have let slip the identity of who Marvel has chosen for the title Role in the new Netflix series. However, at the moment we're going to be classifying this as a rumor, we haven't been able to confirm it with our regular Marvel Source, but, we have a good feeling about it.

Alright, with that out of the way, it looks like the role of Danny Rand will be played by Finn Jones. Finn is best known for his role on Game of Thrones as Loras Tyrell, brother of Margaery Tyrell. Outside of GoT, he hasn't done a whole lot, so we don't have much to judge him on, but he's in the right age range, he looks the part, and he's done a good job on GoT, so if this is who Marvel has cast, we're on board.

AMUSIX

Hmm, from the Knight of Flowers to the Young Dragon...

He fits the "rich kid playing at war" thing very well...but, yeah, not a whole lot to go on. Certainly not against the choice, and Marvel has always cast well for their heroes.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/tho...rd-is-in-avengers-infinity-war-but-not-thor-3

Stellan Skarsgard won't be in Thor: Ragnarok.

“I have a five-film deal with them, and they still have one option” he said, referring to the fact that he’s already appeared in four Marvel Cinematic Universe movies (Thor, The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World and Avengers: Age Of Ultron) as the genius scientist who sometimes likes to visit historical landmarks in his pants Dr Erik Selvig.

So what will that fifth film be? “Thor 3 is not on my slate”, Skarsgård admitted, “but maybe the next Avengers.”

So no Selvig for Thor 3, but maybe in Infinity War?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom