• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curb

Banned
It would have worked if they didnt had to cur Thors Vision. But his way he just shows up and disappers again.

It makes sense to me that if Thor would go to anyone, it would probably be him but it just ends up being a waste of his character. Just like vision pool thing being forced in, so is Selvig's character.

histopher

I don't watch GoT but that guy doesn't exactly scream Iron Fist to me. Was really hoping that for IF they would cast someone with a martial arts background too. Oh well Marvel casting is usually pretty good so let's see...

So if this rumor's true, who do we think Scott Adkins is playing in Dr Strange (now that we can put that particular speculation to bed)? I hope he's not just some rando.

IconGrist

I was going to ask this in another thread but I think it's more appropriate here.

How do the people around you, not just your friends, refer to the MCU movies? Is it called a MCU movie, a Marvel movie, or by title?

Around here outside of Denver I definitely here it referred to as the Marvel movies. Title will get brought up when going into specific movie discussion but generally just "I saw the latest Marvel movie" or "I'm excited for the next Marvel movie".

Pachimari

I never refer to Fox or Sony (before the MCU deal) movies as Marvel movies. I always call them the new X-Men or the Deadpool movie. And the MCU films I refer as Marvel movies.

Dalek

I saw this on Reddit:

Chris Evans and Henry Cavill treating each other like Marvel and DC fans should.Film/Animation (i.imgur.com)
a8258Sl.png

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So tonight's episode of Agent Carter has the MCU hitting 100 hours of content. u/bflaminio over on Reddit put up this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iGT_3MjbFaw4KDzBXGPKdT9CKHYc8eM6UQik-cEk0hg/edit#gid=0

Honestly, with the seasons of Agents of SHIELD and the 12 movies, I'm surprised we're only hitting 100 now...but it's still a neat milestone.

Cool, although it's a bit debatable whether the two Facebook videos of the Stark Expo and the several YouTube videos ahead of Ant-Man should be used. Also, what is the "Peggy Stark Interview" labeled a DVD extra?

AMUSIX

Cool, although it's a bit debatable whether the two Facebook videos of the Stark Expo and the several YouTube videos ahead of Ant-Man should be used. Also, what is the "Peggy Stark Interview" labeled a DVD extra?

not sure what the Interview is, but as for the other things, his criteria was that if it was in universe, it was included...so the Stark Expo thing and the Ant-Man news videos all being done in character and building backstory qualify, while behind the scenes videos don't.

The Peggy interview is probably the one from Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Part of it was in the movie during the museum scene, and the home release included the full interview.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Disney Has "No Plans" To Make R-Rated Marvel Movies

Following the massive success of Fox's R-rated "Deadpool" film (which has so far made $290 million domestically), a number of comments and announcements from Fox and Warner Bros. have indicated that more mature superhero movies might become more commonplace. Whatever those studios decide to do, though, Disney Chariman Bob Iger made it clear in an investor call today that Marvel Studios will not be following suit.

"We don't have any plans to make R-rated Marvel movies," said Iger, as reported by IndieWire. So far, all 12 Marvel Studios films -- which comprise the Marvel Cinematic Universe -- have been rated PG-13. Iger's comments confirm that that will remain to be true moving forward.

I say that's a sound decision. If it ain't broke, why fix it. Let the Netflix shows deal with R-rated material.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Outside of Punisher what properties does Marvel have that would benefit from an R rating?

I really do hope that the success of Deadpool pushes WB to do an R rated version of Suicide Squad.
All the stuff that can be Midnight Sons, and everything that is already at Netflix. Maybe stuff like Moon Knight, too.

Yeah, sadly it makes no sense for them to make R-Rated movies when they already have a stuffed plate.

Sadly that also means no Blade reboot on the silver screen :(

Pachimari

I seriously hope the cinema closest to me in the Philippines is showing it on April 27. Or else I'll have to take the bus 14 hours back to the capitol to find a cinema showcasing it there. And then take it back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom