• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Please, please, please be true.

Wonder what a Shang-Chi show would look like. Like, they can't use Fu-Manchu. Mandarin is a no go. Maybe repurpose Yellow Claw and then rope in Jimmy Woo?

Pachimari

Really liked this picture, kind of puts the whole thing in perspective:

e9uOKZl.jpg

Pachimari

As much as Daredevil is my favorite superhero, I really don't want a Season 3 to push Iron Fist further back. I just want Danny Rand and Shang-Chi to kick ass soon. And then a DD S3 after ward. ^_^

Sylvester Stallone might be in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, as he was photographed carrying a script out of the hotel where the cast is currently staying in Atlanta. Some are saying it might just be a cameo, but currently, it's all circumstantial as fuck. But that's never stopped anyone from speculating before!

strafer

Sylvester Stallone might be in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, as he was photographed carrying a script out of the hotel where the cast is currently staying in Atlanta. Some are saying it might just be a cameo, but currently, it's all circumstantial as fuck. But that's never stopped anyone from speculating before!

Racoons dad?

Tom_Cody

59hyUo3.jpg
Shit just got real.

Ithil

Obviously not her actual character name. Gonna guess Liz Allan, in an attempt to avoid repeating love interests in Mary Jane/Gwen, at least at first.

There's a Michele Gonzales in the comics, who was Peter's roommate and potential love interest at one point. Could be her, but who knows.

Penguin

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
^ lol, they really don't care. Then I hope they didn't include president Matthew Ellis in the script for Civil War. He'll sound flat-out senile not mentioning Inhumans considering how distressed he is about them in S.H.I.E.L.D.

Fuu

Even in the comics not everyone perma crossovers with everyone.
It's a bit different here considering what's happening in the show and the whole point of Civil War. And here we have scriptwriters not even aware of what's going on in the universe at large that they're writing for.

I'm usually not bothered by this kind of thing, but if they're going to ignore the circumstances to this extent they might as well make it official that it's not all connected.

jmood88

It's a bit different here considering what's happening in the show and the whole point of Civil War. And here we have scriptwriters not even aware of what's going on in the universe at large that they're writing for.

I'm usually not bothered by this kind of thing, but if they're going to ignore the circumstances to this extent they might as well make it official that it's not all connected.
Why? How would it change anything for the shows or the movies?

Penguin

I mean work under the assumption that they are only related, but not connected

Always think of it as a waterfall

The movies can spill over into the TV show, but not much upstream swimming for the TV shows

The only people who have to adjust their stories are the TV side. They've stated as much a couple of times.

Also, what Penguin said..

Fuu

I understand how it works.

I just think it's sloppy that scriptwriters aren't aware of those things when these productions work under the pretense that "it's all connected". I don't mind that there won't be mentions, I just wish it was a conscious decision instead of "lol, we don't even know". What's the point in keeping the shows connected?

Why? How would it change anything for the shows or the movies?
For the movies nothing, but for the shows there would be some differences. It would remove constraints from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which has suffered before from having to wait for events to happen in the movies. I'm sure the next episodes will have clumsy connections to Civil War. It would also exempt the Netflix shows from shoehorning mentions and references to the movies.

curb

Banned
I mean work under the assumption that they are only related, but not connected

Always think of it as a waterfall

The movies can spill over into the TV show, but not much upstream swimming for the TV shows

I know that's the case and it's what I expect but since that's the case, I don't think they should have let AoS introduce inhumans this early and at such a global scale only for it to be ignored by the movies. I don't expect the movies to reference the shows but to me, they gave the show something a little to big to be ignored. At the very least, it just shows the sloppy disconnect between film and TV.

Fuu

I know that's the case and it's what I expect but since that's the case, I don't think they should have let AoS introduce inhumans this early and at such a global scale only for it to be ignored by the movies. I don't expect the movies to reference the shows but to me, they gave the show something a little to big to be ignored. At the very least, it just shows the sloppy disconnect between film and TV.
Exactly. It just feels sloppy at this point. And we'll continue to get bloggers and journalists asking about this kind of thing and their response will be a shrug.

jmood88

I understand how it works.

I just think it's sloppy that scriptwriters aren't aware when the productions work under the pretense that "it's all connected". Why keep the shows connected?

For the movies nothing, but for the shows there would be some differences. It would remove constraints from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which has suffered before from having to wait for events to happen in the movies. I'm sure the next episodes will have clumsy connections to Civil War. It would also exempt the Netflix shows from shoehorning mentions and references to the movies.
The general consensus (which I agree with) has been that tie-in episodes for Shield have typically been well-done. Aside from stuff early on in the show's run, nothing has felt forced in. For the Netflix shows, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about with shoehorned mentions or references.

Fuu

The general consensus (which I agree with) has been that tie-in episodes for Shield have typically been well-done. Aside from stuff early on in the show's run, nothing has felt forced in. For the Netflix shows, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about with shoehorned mentions or references.
I'm talking about the multiple episodes before the tie-in, which were all very weak and even the producers said their hands were tied. But yeah, while we disagree about it being an issue we both understand how it works, so there's not much to say about it. I just think that the people writing these things should be more aware of what's going on in the supposed "universe" they're working on.

Penguin

I'm talking about the multiple episodes before the tie-in, which were all very weak and even the producers said their hands were tied. But yeah, while we disagree about it being an issue we both understand how it works, so there's not much to say about it. I just think that the people writing these things should be more aware of what's going on in the supposed "universe" they're working on.

I disagree

I mean should be some gatekeepers, but can't really expect folks to be up to date with all of these things

Especially the difference in how TV and film is handled. Like TV tends to have a season long narrative, but things can change and evolve over the course of a season on writing

GAMEPROFF

Banned

"Everywhere, superpowered individuals popping up and to stuff with their powers without regulations."

Justice served. The focus is on what the Avengers do.

Or he just said this to cover it up: "we in the movies dont care what the shows do, they have to follow us (since we do the billion dollar movies)."
Of course he has to play it down. And say something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom