• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Irons is the stranger choice than Eisenberg imo.

I kinda see Luthor being this young ruthless billionaire in Snyder's modern no-red-underwear-Superman world, and that's what this guy has played. Either are better than WW choice anyway.

I wouldn't say one is necessarily stranger than the other.

Eisenberg's casting is definitely inspired and I think it's brilliant.

On one hand I hate that having a trailer for a trailer is a thing. On the other I cant freaking wait for Cap 2.

Also dont know if posted, but:

Can you talk about the new fighting? We were talking to the Russos and they were telling us that it's kind of a new different fighting style as well.

Yeah. Well, that's what we were all saying. I remember when I first met with the Russos. Has anyone played the "Captain America" video game? I love it, and I don't like video games. I was like, I love it because I love the way Cap moves. He moves so well. He just beats ass. It's like, that's how this guy needs to be moving. This isn't just a guy who's given the ability of speed and power. He's been training. He's got the frame of mind to absorb this information, so I can only assume with training and his ability, this guy should really be dangerous, and we should show that. It's not just -- take Jason Bourne and make him… if Jason Bourne can do it, Cap should be flying through these things. So we've had a little bit of fun kind of turning up his power, turning up his speed, and so the fights are more grizzly and more impactful and, in my opinion, cooler.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50611

Its good to see that because neither of the 2 movies did Cap justice in terms of fights and his abilities imo.

BLACKLAC

On one hand I hate that having a trailer for a trailer is a thing. On the other I cant freaking wait for Cap 2.

Can you talk about the new fighting? We were talking to the Russos and they were telling us that it's kind of a new different fighting style as well.

Yeah. Well, that's what we were all saying. I remember when I first met with the Russos. Has anyone played the "Captain America" video game? I love it, and I don't like video games. I was like, I love it because I love the way Cap moves. He moves so well. He just beats ass. It's like, that's how this guy needs to be moving. This isn't just a guy who's given the ability of speed and power. He's been training. He's got the frame of mind to absorb this information, so I can only assume with training and his ability, this guy should really be dangerous, and we should show that. It's not just -- take Jason Bourne and make him… if Jason Bourne can do it, Cap should be flying through these things. So we've had a little bit of fun kind of turning up his power, turning up his speed, and so the fights are more grizzly and more impactful and, in my opinion, cooler.

Its good to see that because neither of the 2 movies did Cap justice in terms of fights and his abilities imo.

Now that's what I like to hear. Especially the Jason Bourne reference.

Music to my ears!(The elevator scene is brilliant.)

kKCuzzE.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
So whatever happened to the Iron Fist movie they were passing around?
Netflix.

Question: Are the Netflix series officially part of the MCU? IMO it would be stupid for them not to be. I ask because there doesn't seem to be any mention of them on the Wikipedia page. I thought that was odd.

Azuran

Banned
We seriously need another Hulk movie. I was watching Incredible Hulk last night and remembered that I love the hell out of that movie.

Of all the MCU films, it rarely gets talked about, which is weird considering I thought it was one of the best films in the series. The part where Hulk and Abomination finally meet face to face always gets me all pumped up.

Caboose

A Mod at Superherohype saw a rough cut of Winter Soldier at the theater he works at. Some relatively vague SPOILERS:

Loki's scepter appears in the film and we'll be shown who has it.
Two new characters from The Avengers: The Age of Ultron make their first appearance in CATWS. He all but confirmed that they are Wanda & Pietro, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. So Marvel's Quicksilver will be on screen before Singer's. LOLOL Singer.
The movie covers about half of Brubaker's Winter Soldier story. He said that there is a definite setup for Part 2 in CA3.
A villain's sidekick from WWII shows up, possibly trapped somewhere.
Steve Rogers is definitely the main character, not shoved to the side in favor of others as some fans had feared.
The rough cut is 2 hours and 20 minutes long without the full credits
There may be two mid/after credits scenes
There were World War II flashbacks that probably tie in to the Agent Carter TV series
The twins aren't in costumes in the film
Chris Evans gives a great performance (duh!)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
A Mod at Superherohype saw a rough cut of Winter Soldier at the theater he works at. Some relatively vague SPOILERS:

Loki's scepter appears in the film and we'll be shown who has it.
Two new characters from The Avengers: The Age of Ultron make their first appearance in CATWS. He all but confirmed that they are Wanda & Pietro, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. So Marvel's Quicksilver will be on screen before Singer's. LOLOL Singer.
The movie covers about half of Brubaker's Winter Soldier story. He said that there is a definite setup for Part 2 in CA3.
A villain's sidekick from WWII shows up, possibly trapped somewhere.
Steve Rogers is definitely the main character, not shoved to the side in favor of others as some fans had feared.
The rough cut is 2 hours and 20 minutes long without the full credits
There may be two mid/after credits scenes
There were World War II flashbacks that probably tie in to the Agent Carter TV series
The twins aren't in costumes in the film
Chris Evans gives a great performance (duh!)

Link?

We seriously need another Hulk movie. I was watching Incredible Hulk last night and remembered that I love the hell out of that movie.

Of all the MCU films, it rarely gets talked about, which is weird considering I thought it was one of the best films in the series. The part where Hulk and Abomination finally meet face to face always gets me all pumped up.
I was skeptical about Ruffalo taking over for Norton in Avengers because I liked Norton so much. But Ruffalo was great and I'd love to see a standalone movie for him. Make him fight The Leader with a legion of Hulkbusters.

All I want is a scene in Avengers 2 or 3 where Captain America is the last one standing and picks up Mjolnir.

I could end my career as a marvel nerd.

J10

Banned
All I want is a scene in Avengers 2 or 3 where Captain America is the last one standing and picks up Mjolnir.

That's pretty much all any of us want.

That's just above Nova reaching down Annihilus' throat and tearing his heart out through his mouth. I need that in live action.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
He signed on for six movies. His agent is a tool if he doesn't push for at least one.
Yep. And he's already used three -- Avengers, Iron Man 3, Avengers 2. Let's throw Avengers 3 in there for the hell of it; that's four. Could one or both of the remaining two be Hulk movies? Sure. I'd love for that to happen. I'd imagine Marvel wants to put significant distance between the Bana/Norton movies and the potential Ruffalo film though, and Phase 3 seems a bit too soon to me.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Tony has already been stablished as a bit of a cock and not much of a noble warrior. Besides, Caps is already BFF with Thor.
But Tony is the for more beloved and biggest character when it comes to the movies.
I love Steve Rogers, but I dont think that he will be ever in such a big leader role in the Cinematic Universe. At least until Downey Jr. drops the Iron Man Armor.

Also, I need me some Beta Ray Bill.
I hope they introduce him in Thor 3 :D

But Tony is the for more beloved and biggest character when it comes to the movies.
I love Steve Rogers, but I dont think that he will be ever in such a big leader role in the Cinematic Universe. At least until Downey Jr. drops the Iron Man Armor.

That's my worry too, that they would have Tony do that even if it makes little sense.

But from what I hear about the next Cap movie, they are pushing hard to make him a leading role in the MCU.

TDLink

Netflix.

Question: Are the Netflix series officially part of the MCU? IMO it would be stupid for them not to be. I ask because there doesn't seem to be any mention of them on the Wikipedia page. I thought that was odd.

Yes. The Netflix series will be part of the MCU.

J10

Banned
I wish, but Wakanda's an advanced enough nation that they could technically film it anywhere- Joss wouldn't necessarily need to film in Africa to pull it off.

They'd need extras and shit, so having a large African population on tap would help. The architecture might be different enough from most cities we regularly see on film to help differentiate it.

Vibranium

Banned

I would literally stand up and clap in the theater and I'm kind of an introvert. Cap is the only other character who is worthy of Mjolnir no matter what other writers may think. So I hope Whedon does it at some point, very badly.

Not reading Winter Soldier spoilers, as a massive Bucky fan I will wait for the movie.

I would literally stand up and clap in the theater and I'm kind of an introvert. Cap is the only other character who is worthy of Mjolnir no matter what other writers may think. So I hope Whedon does it at some point, very badly.

Not reading Winter Soldier spoilers, as a massive Bucky fan I will wait for the movie.

And Beta Ray Bill.

But I am with you. Ever since Avengers hit, I have been begging for and anticipating when Cap picks up Mjolnir. That will get everyone screaming when it happens. I still think they will hold it for Avengers 3 and have that be in the fight against Thanos. Have Cap be the last man standing, and he grabs it in a fit of desperation and is able to lift it.

Gambit

And Beta Ray Bill.

But I am with you. Ever since Avengers hit, I have been begging for and anticipating when Cap picks up Mjolnir. That will get everyone screaming when it happens. I still think they will hold it for Avengers 3 and have that be in the fight against Thanos. Have Cap be the last man standing, and he grabs it in a fit of desperation and is able to lift it.

that's my dream as well. It will be especially great since they've already had the Hulk attempt and fail to lift it. When all these stronger characters can't do it, having Steve do it would just be endlessly rewarding.

I'm reading She-Hulk's Single Green Female. I need Hercules to make a cameo somewhere in the MCU.

before that series, I thought She-Hulk might be the dumbest character in the Marvel Universe. Now she's one of my favourites. I had no idea how funny she was!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
before that series, I thought She-Hulk might be the dumbest character in the Marvel Universe. Now she's one of my favourites. I had no idea how funny she was!

Shulkie is one of Marvel's funniest characters, but she needs good writers to make her shine.

1377503-hercules_thumbs_up.jpg

If anything, just so we can get a Hercules vs. Thor fight on film.
And I still want Joe Manganiello for Hercules.

That would be some inspired casting.

Joe could pull it off. He has the physicality, but also the comedic chops to play Herc's brashness.

And the ladies would probably love to watch him and Hemsworth together on screen. Beefcake overload.

inky

And I still want Joe Manganiello for Hercules.

That's... a really great choice. Wow. I don't really care for Hercules tho. Or Ares for that matter.

Edit. Now that I think about it, if it was more of a Clash of the Titans thing than 300 I'd probably like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom