• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
Captain America holding the shield in his left hand, wearing the gauntlet while holding Mjolnir with his right. That's your Christian god right there.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If Marvel persists with the MCU continuity but recasts actors in the roles once the current cast retires, Cap holding Mew Mew absolutely must be Chris Evans' final hero shot.

This can't end any other way.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I can't see it happening if they haven't actually cast T'Challa, even though I know Ultron wants dat vibranium.

They could very easily use T'Chaka as a small supporting character while setting everything in motion for the introduction of T'Challa.

I'm still angry at the way they wasted Idris Elba as Heimdall.

They could very easily use T'Chaka as a small supporting character while setting everything in motion for the introduction of T'Challa.

I'm still angry at the way they wasted Idris Elba as Heimdall.

Idris Elba as Heimdall was 100% worth it for the way that Internet white supremacists flipped out about it. But yeah, I'd love to see him as T'Challa. There are plenty of other good folks who could play that role, though (like Djimon Honsou).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Idris Elba as Heimdall was 100% worth it for the way that Internet white supremacists flipped out about it. But yeah, I'd love to see him as T'Challa. There are plenty of other good folks who could play that role, though (like Djimon Honsou).

Djimon is a cool cat (and actually African, so there is that) but he's starting to look like the 49 year old man that he is. My vote goes to Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Djimon is a cool cat (and actually African, so there is that) but he's starting to look like the 49 year old man that he is. My vote goes to Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Yeah, it's true that Djimon's aging a bit. Fuck, though, he could get the physicality down. The man is jacked and graceful.

Nyanmaruz

I still can't believe that we're not getting a GOTG super bowl teaser. Marvel is missing out on this golden opportunity to market this new and unknown property to the mainstream audience.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I still can't believe that we're not getting a GOTG super bowl teaser. Marvel is missing out on this golden opportunity to market this new and unknown property to the mainstream audience.

I'm dead sure they'll put a full trailer in front of Cap2, which is going to be huge by any measure. Still, there's no denying that using it as a chance to show Rocket Raccoon firing all sorts of portable artillery from the back of Groot would have everybody talking.

Cap 2 is going to be pretty massive. I think plenty of people will be exposed to GOTG at that point.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Everyone will see Cap 2 because of the Superbowl trailer, then they'll see GotG because of the trailer they show before Cap 2.

Basically.

Anyway, I hope they use GotG2 to introduce the Inhumans. Black Bolt and Medusa are easily among the realest ballers in the Marvel Universe.

Nyanmaruz

Everyone will see Cap 2 because of the Superbowl trailer, then they'll see GotG because of the trailer they show before Cap 2.
True, but we're talking about one of the most watched event on television. If they show something during the super bowl, it will definitely help to create an even bigger buzz.

Really looking forward to Cap 2. It looks like it's easily going to have the strongest action sequences they've had so far, beating out even IM3 and Incredible Hulk.

Bloomers

If Marvel persists with the MCU continuity but recasts actors in the roles once the current cast retires, Cap holding Mew Mew absolutely must be Chris Evans' final hero shot.

This can't end any other way.

Funny you say that. The whole reason I want Cap to get the IG is so he can use the soul gems to, in one form or another, reset the MCU at the terrible war with Thanos. From there, they recast who they need to recast.

On a related note: how spoilery is the new Cap trailer? I'm afraid to click

Neoxon

I know James Gunn told us there wasn't gonna be a GotG trailer at the Super Bowl, but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

That trailer better come out, soon, or I'm gonna lose it.

We are about seven months out from release, and not one blip of official footage has been released yet. Grrr. I know the movie will be a tough sell, but they should have gotten the train rolling tonight or earlier.

Nyanmaruz

I know James Gunn told us there wasn't gonna be a GotG trailer at the Super Bowl, but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

That trailer better come out, soon, or I'm gonna lose it.

I'm praying that a trailer comes out sometime this month, but March seems a bit more likely at this point. =(

We are about seven months out from release, and not one blip of official footage has been released yet. Grrr. I know the movie will be a tough sell, but they should have gotten the train rolling tonight or earlier.
I think Disney is going to hype Captain America: Winter Soldier till mid march and then it starts its promotion for Guardians Of The Galaxy. I don't think GotG will be that hard to sell. It's a damn Marvel movie. Hell, they gonna sell the Winter Soldier to them, an Helicarrier and Thor was more sci-fi this time around. I don't know why people expect GotG to fail.

What I love about this thread is that it's free of Scullibundo and Charles Foster Kane, unlike other film threads. They really just bring down the mood of any Marvel film thread, it's really annoying.

Sorry for saying it here, but it's just so agitating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom