• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I disagree

I mean should be some gatekeepers, but can't really expect folks to be up to date with all of these things

Especially the difference in how TV and film is handled. Like TV tends to have a season long narrative, but things can change and evolve over the course of a season on writing
I mean, I wouldn't expect them to literally watch and follow everything, but I always assumed they kept some form of "bible" with certain background events that the stories should take in consideration and whatnot. I get that they mostly ignore TV shows and I've actually defended the way it works more than once.

I never had an issue with this in the MCU so far, but it's like curb said, Inhumans are supposed to be a big deal. Don't you think it will feel sloppy when the Inhumans movie pretends like the events in AoS never happened? Marvel still acts under the pretense that "it's all connected", which is the reason why we get news like the one you posted with people asking about it.

"Everywhere, superpowered individuals popping up and to stuff with their powers without regulations."

Justice served. The focus is on what the Avengers do.

Or he just said this to cover it up: "we in the movies dont care what the shows do, they have to follow us (since we do the billion dollar movies)."
Of course he has to play it down. And say something.
That's precisely the kind of thing I think is enough. I'm just surprised the scriptwriters don't even know about it, because, realities of production aside, in the story of the MCU it's something that is supposed to be a big deal.

Pachimari

It's really not well done by Marvel. I'm no longer seeing the TV shows and Movies as connected. It really isn't. Rather, as was said, they're related, but nothing more. And to be honest, I'm disappointed by that. But they might start incorporating each other more going forward as Kevin Feige mentioned in an interview last year.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What do you expect to have it well done? Having Captain America meet Coulson? Wont happen. And after the dust of the first hype after Phase I settled this was already clear.
The big new status quo will always play into the TV stuff. The outcome of Civil War will of course change Agents of SHIELD. But Steve Rogers wont trash Inhumans on TV.

And its fine, I would laugh at some random tv writter with episodes with ok ratings who would want to change how my billion dollar movies work, too.

Nobody of the TV guys will be in Infinity War (and moving forward I think this is good. No way a movie with so many characters would work. It would be a disaster)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

Pachimari

Cc-RY6mW8AA6QHx.jpg

To be fair, these interviews are from just after S2 ended (somewhere in June last year it seems), they probably didn't know or couldn't tell (to avoid spoliers for S3) how the show was going to play out the inhumans. Also, they were still filming.

So I really wouldn't dismiss it just yet.

There's more chance of Spidey making an in-joke about J. Jonah Jameson moving to a place called Gotham than there is the movies referencing Agents. Just hope they don't tar the Netflix shows with the same brush.

AMUSIX

Just a thought...what if there is no JJJ in this Spidey movie? We know it'll all take place during Peter's High School days, so there's a slim chance that he doesn't interact with the Daily Bugle yet.

bah, who am I kidding...that would be like making a Superman film without the Daily Planet....

heh: also, MCUGAF, please never develop a persecution complex, it's unbecoming of a community.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Bugle is always around, Peter was doing IT stuff in Ultimate Spider-Man and they even adapting his hairstyle.

Its definitiv in.

There were even JJJ offscreen cameos in ASM2

Petwr doesn't have to be working for the Bugle, for the Bugle to be writing articles about Spiderman

Given this is in the MCU, I suspect the Bugle will be writing about the Avengers and such already.

Anyone else feel they actually have a good justification in the MCU for the Bugle's famous attitude towards Spidey? The Avengers aren't actually liked that much already, because of the destruction in NY and the whole Sokovia incident. Plus the events of Civil War? And then Spidey turns up in the midst of all that? I think it would make sense for the Bugle to be wary of and dislike Peter

Yeah that trailer looked so much better then what we had seen before. Man this is really looking like the year of the comic book team up movie. I really think Civil War, BvS, and Suicide Squad will all be great.

Pachimari

Spidey looks like absolute shit. It's not the design, it's the damn cheap CGI. Yuck.

The rest looked great. Especially the Scarlet Witch vs Vision encounter and Black Panther in general.

Spidey looks like absolute shit. It's not the design, it's the damn cheap CGI. Yuck.

The rest looked great. Especially the Scarlet Witch vs Vision encounter and Black Panther in general.

I really wouldnt worry about the CGI on the suit. Lots of times trailers come out with unfinished effects in them, plus I am guessing that Spidey could have been added after they started filming. I am not sure when the deal with Sony was finalized.

Pachimari

I really wouldnt worry about the CGI on the suit. Lots of times trailers come out with unfinished effects in them, plus I am guessing that Spidey could have been added after they started filming. I am not sure when the deal with Sony was finalized.
I really hope so. I hate the eyes, and have always disliked those eyes in the comics but the design of the suit itself is fine, it just needs to not look cheap. Also loved the voice acting by Tom Holland.

The suit looks fucking amazing in the high res shots.
stopit.png

Nah, I can't agree to this. It looks so out of place, like it's a video game CGI model or something out of a 3D animation film, instead of fitting in with the rest.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think Spidey's suit looks great and I love the animated eyes.

My dad (grew up reading '60s Spider-Man) is gonna be so excited when he sees this.

So, apparently, Spider-Man aka “Untitled Marvel/Sony Feature” has gotten its production title.

I'll give you 3 guesses as to what it is.

Taken them?

The answer is: Summer of George

Also, interesting in that list of production titles: AssCreed is prepping for a sequel, Gambit's codename is "Chess", there's a movie coming out about the creepypasta Candle Cove, and the Wolverine 3 still has no title.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I really hope so. I hate the eyes, and have always disliked those eyes in the comics but the design of the suit itself is fine, it just needs to not look cheap. Also loved the voice acting by Tom Holland.

Nah, I can't agree to this. It looks so out of place, like it's a video game CGI model or something out of a 3D animation film, instead of fitting in with the rest.

I'm like 90% sure this shot is not even CG.

Pachimari

I'm correcting myself, that high res shot Marvel released looks better than what was in the Youtube trailer.

I really would love clarification if his suit is real or CG though.

embalm

Some theory crafting here....

I think Marvel really wanted Spider-man now so that they can introduce the black suit at the end of the Infinity Wars. The Marvel universe will be very entwined with all the galactic pieces at that point and it sets up nicely into something similar to the original Secret Wars. A situation where Spider-mans suit gets shredded and he stumbles upon the symbiote thinking it's just some new future space material.

If we have an entire movie as black suit Spider-man it sets up Venom as a major phase 4 or 5 enemy. Venom is a godly cash cow that hasn't even come close to being milked yet. Not to mention that Black Suit Spider-man pre-Venom is just an amazing story line in itself.

It's really strange in that gif that Black Widow doesn't change expression or move her head at all. Cap loses his shield and looks up at Spidey but Widow just stares at the back of Cap's head like it was a composite shot and they didn't film a reaction from her.

Pachimari

I think Marvel really wanted Spider-man now so that they can introduce the black suit at the end of the Infinity Wars. The Marvel universe will be very entwined with all the galactic pieces at that point and it sets up nicely into something similar to the original Secret Wars. A situation where Spider-mans suit gets shredded and he stumbles upon the symbiote thinking it's just some new future space material.

If we have an entire movie as black suit Spider-man it sets up Venom as a major phase 4 or 5 enemy. Venom is a godly cash cow that hasn't even come close to being milked yet. Not to mention that Black Suit Spider-man pre-Venom is just an amazing story line in itself.
But Venom will get his own movie outside the MCU. If that happens, I don't think we'll get Venom in the MCU by phase 4.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Spider-Man Reboot Working Title Is A Seinfeld Reference

According to Production Weekly, the working title for Sony and Marvel's Spider-Man reboot (listed as “Untitled Marvel/Sony Feature”) will be: “Summer Of George.” The title appears to be a reference to a 1997 episode of Seinfeld.

“Summer Of George” was the title for the Season 8 finale (156th episode) of the NBC sitcom. In it, lovable loser George Costanza receives a severance package from the New York Yankees, and it's enough money for George to do whatever he likes for the summer, but instead he chooses to waste his financial freedom by being incredibly lazy.

spidermansonofgeorge-173617.png

LOL

I would love it for that stupid clothes machine to be in Infinity War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom