• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I would love it for that stupid clothes machine to be in Infinity War
Gotta love all the extraneous quality of life details the Beyonder made sure to include inside those bases, haha.

Which reminds me:

KYvazvC.jpg

:lol

I'm a little intrigued by inhumans and what they mean for the MCU. I never heard of them before and to be honest, I though Marvel just created them because they couldn't use the XMen in movies. I know that's not the case now, but it really sounded like it to me. I know they have a movie coming out, but no inhuman is as iconic as Wolverine, or even cyclops, storm, magneto, beast, professor x, etc. How can they really make it work? Also, what's stopping Marvel from just creating a "Badger" inhuman that has regeneration power, vibraninum (or whatever captain america's shield is made of) for bones, etc etc? Basically an inhuman wolverine.

embalm

But Venom will get his own movie outside the MCU. If that happens, I don't think we'll get Venom in the MCU by phase 4.
I thought that all of the Spider-man character movies were dropped in favor of Marvel driving them all instead. I'm almost positive that the Sinister Six was canceled.

Whoever ends up running with it, I agree with BKatastrophe. I would love for it all to begin with a stupid clothing machine.

I'm a little intrigued by inhumans and what they mean for the MCU. I never heard of them before and to be honest, I though Marvel just created them because they couldn't use the XMen in movies. I know that's not the case now, but it really sounded like it to me. I know they have a movie coming out, but no inhuman is as iconic as Wolverine, or even cyclops, storm, magneto, beast, professor x, etc. How can they really make it work? Also, what's stopping Marvel from just creating a "Badger" inhuman that has regeneration power, vibraninum (or whatever captain america's shield is made of) for bones, etc etc? Basically an inhuman wolverine.

You basically don't need this because the Inhumans as a cast of characters aren't necessarily defined only by their powers. Granted that has kinda changed in recent years as they've pushed the property in the direction to where they are more like the X-Men

But for decades, the intrigue of The Inhumans was the Royal Family that most of the stories focused on and their relationships with one another. Inhumans are being used as a mutant stand-in in Agents of SHIELD, but the movie will likely focus on the main cast, Black Bolt, his queen Medusa, his brother Maximus.

curb

Banned
I thought that all of the Spider-man character movies were dropped in favor of Marvel driving them all instead. I'm almost positive that the Sinister Six was canceled.

Whoever ends up running with it, I agree with BKatastrophe. I would love for it all to begin with a stupid clothing machine.

I just saw a recent rumor that the standalone Venom project was back on at Sony. Probably within the last week.

I just saw a recent rumor that the standalone Venom project was back on at Sony. Probably within the last week.

Avi Arad is trying to get that shit back off the ground but I guarantee the response to Marvel's Spider-Man is gonna be so overwhelmingly positive that they will put the kibosh on it

embalm

Marvel could do that, but what's the point? All of the best comic book characters aren't popular because of their powers. It's the character depth and the storylines that really drive these legendary characters.

Wolverine enters as a rugged rebel on a team lead by a pretty boy. He has a messed up past where he has lived far longer than he actually remembers and was used as an lab rat by some evil group. He just can't fit in and finds himself leaving places and wandering alone. All of these things and a whole lot more is what makes Wolverine a favorite character.

The X-Men are popular and their stories are pretty well known, many of them are very good.

To me the Inhumans are not well known and I can't wait for Marvel to cherry pick the best stories and put them up on screen. I have faith in them doing this, because they have done it before.

I never liked Captain America. I never read any of his comics, but the idea of the Super Hero of Freedom and Justice just doesn't resonate with me. Yet after watching his movies, he is more than that. He is a man out of time. A man who came from a world where good and evil were clearly defined and finds himself in one where shades of grey are all around him. He is the hero who tries to do the right thing, but he doesn't always know what is right, which makes a great story.

In short, Marvel doesn't need to reinvent any character. They have hundreds of great stories to tell about characters you probably haven't even heard of yet.

Pachimari

They can make any Inhuman just as iconic.

I never liked Captain America, until he was on film he became okay, Iron Man was a b-lister until his movie took off, and I had never ever heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy until their movie. The characters can go from nothing to front-runner hero.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So, apparently, Spider-Man aka “Untitled Marvel/Sony Feature” has gotten its production title.

I'll give you 3 guesses as to what it is.

Taken them?

The answer is: Summer of George

Also, interesting in that list of production titles: AssCreed is prepping for a sequel, Gambit's codename is "Chess", there's a movie coming out about the creepypasta Candle Cove, and the Wolverine 3 still has no title.
"Annihilation"

If only :(

Pachimari

MARVEL CHIEF JOE QUESADA TEASES “COMPLETELY DIFFERENT” ‘IRON FIST’

About the tone of the series:
“It still takes place in the same world,” Quesada answered diplomatically. “I think the Danny Rand character himself will have a different perspective on the world than some of the characters that you’re seeing now — as will Luke Cage. I mean you guys haven’t seen that show yet, either.”

A completely different character:
“It’s still the early stages of Iron Fist so I’m a little hesitant to say too much more than that. But Danny Rand is a completely different character and the world that he comes from, how he obtained his powers and his skills — all completely different. I think fans will be pleased.”

The location:
“Oh no, it will be a different side of Manhattan. We’re not just locking ourselves into Hell’s Kitchen — although a lot of stuff does go on in Hell’s Kitchen. Luke Cage’s world is still New York, but it’s a different neighborhood. Again, I don’t want to reveal too much more than that, but the show itself will have a different palate, a different feel, a tone. It will sound different. So stay tuned.”

MARVEL CHIEF JOE QUESADA TEASES “COMPLETELY DIFFERENT” ‘IRON FIST’

About the tone of the series:

A completely different character:

The location:

The way you quoted it, it sounds like Iron Fist is gonna be different from his comic counterpart whereas in the full article it's just Joe saying that he's gonna be different from the other Defenders, which is kinda obvious.

tumblr_nrpmealQQT1qikmd1o2_500.gif

Good news.

D3ZISR462qRnSAd_cOBgRjHevJWg9uko_mghBPcQRSXFmJXVyAnThJLim4hJYnpm_MXaBA

shingi70

Banned
Have they established a jail for powered individuals on AoS?

Pretty Sure Abomination is supposed to be located in that artic base that Hydra raided in season one.

Honestly Shield has shown more about the cataloging of items and outside of a few instances hasn't really touched powered people.

shingi70

Banned
Any hints in that direction currently in the show?

None last week the series went out its way to make sure Shield won't be coming back anytime soon. It's weird because so many people know Coulson is alive expect the Avengers it seems.

In terms of connections the ATCU will probably be considered a sister organization of the Slokvia Accords.

jph139

Honestly I kind of figure that most of the Avengers already know. Anyone with SHIELD clearance would be in that circle, at least. I hope, if they ever reintroduce him, absolutely no one is surprised except for like... Stark, maybe. Or Thor. "Yeah Coulson's been back for years, doing all sorts of stuff, saved the world like eight times. You seriously hadn't heard? We all assumed you knew, it's not really a secret anymore."

mreddie

There was the rumor that Inhumans was added because Ike P. Maybe Feige is pushing the date but won't reveal it til this or next year.

Quick

Banned

Pachimari

Inhumans will definitely be moved now, and probably pushed further back. If there's nothing else that Spring from MCU, then I could see them push it up to April.

[edit]Oh, there's both Captain Marvel and Avengers. I guess they'll push back Inhumans then.

Penguin

They could move it any number of months based on the Inhumans role in Infinity War. They could drop it altogether for all we know, or it could get fast tracked.

Fast-tracked to where though?

Like looking at the calendar, it either remains, which is a terrible idea or gets pushed into August or the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom