• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be real, Inhumans is probably a Phase 4 movie they just wanted it on the list for hype purposes. It could get pushed to end of 2019 or 2020 and it was probably the plan all along.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It can't be pushed up. The calendar:

Captain Marvel
Release: March 8th, 2019

Avengers: Infinity War Part II
Release: May 3rd, 2019
There is a large gap between "Ant-Man and the Wasp" (which is set for July 2018) and Captain Marvel.

Neoxon

Let's be real, Inhumans is probably a Phase 4 movie they just wanted it on the list for hype purposes. It could get pushed to end of 2019 or 2020 and it was probably the plan all along.
Inhumans will probably book-end Phase 3 like Ant-Man did for Phase 2. Though Marvel could put Inhumans back in the November 2018 slot.

El Topo

It's been awhile since Capt Marvel was bumped back, so slot Inhumans there, of course.

They're not going to bump Captain Marvel back. They're well aware of the potential backlash. I assume they want the Inhumans movie to close Phase 3 and/or set the stage for Phase 4.

Penguin

They're not going to bump Captain Marvel back. They're well aware of the potential backlash. I assume they want the Inhumans movie to close Phase 3 and/or set the stage for Phase 4.

....You mean again?

They've already bumped it back.

But I don't see them squeezing the inhumans into 2018, but who knows.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
ukI4MIY.jpeg

So good.

Neoxon

In light of Indiana Jones 5, you think Inhumans will get moved forward to its original Fall 2018 slot or a few weeks away from Indiana Jones 5?

Constantin holds the rights, no?

Yeah but Fox has always had it's hands in them. I'm sure Constantin doesn't care much for the franchise. They're too busy milking the shit out of Resident Evil and making other horrible movies.

They've denied up and down that the X-Men/FF swap is a thing, but why would they just say yes? Hopefully we'll get a Phase 4 presentation like we did with Phase 3.

I wonder if they want to get away from that tainted, tainted name and call it Future Foundation or something

Or they could make the Fantasy Four!

Rod Rickles as Dr Fantasy!
Sara Rickles as the Transparent Female
Dan Gromm as the Item ("It's time for battering!")
Jamie Shore as the Man on Fire

Or better yet, just cross over the Incredibles into the MCU and have basically the same team with a different backstory.

I still think Captain Marvel was only announced because a few weeks prior, DC announced that they were making a Wonder Woman movie and Marvel wanted to assure fans that eventually they would put out a female-led movie. The movie getting pushed back with no actual Captain Marvel cast makes me think it more.

The Kree

Banned
Avengers: Infinity War Will Introduce Never Before Seen Characters On Screen

"New characters are going to appear in Avengers: Infinity War," says Joe Russo, one of the two directors of the film. "It’s a big sprawling ambitious movie, it’s about as ambitious as movies get and it should be, and the title alone indicates that there will be an incredible scape and scope to it."

"It is intended to be the entire culmination of the Marvel cinematic universe and, in many ways, the end to that part of it," adds Anthony Russo. "But we don’t even have the first draft in on that script yet; we’re still in the outline phase. It’s hard not to talk about it too specifically not only because of spoilers but also because we’re still figuring it out."​

curb

Banned
I watched the first Captain America movie last night for the first time in quite a while. I forgot how much I enjoy that one.

I watched the first Captain America movie last night for the first time in quite a while. I forgot how much I enjoy that one.

I did the same thing, but remembered that I only really liked the first half of the movie. It's a great origin for Cap but I wasn't a fan what happens after he becomes Cap. Overall, it was better than I remember.

Neoxon

After what happened with Elektra in Daredevil Season 2,
I'm afraid that my bad luck is gonna extend to Scarlet Witch & Cap in Civil War.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
After what happened with Elektra in Daredevil Season 2,
I'm afraid that my bad luck is gonna extend to Scarlet Witch & Cap in Civil War.
Elektra died and returned in the Comics too, The Hand has a big plot point with making dead persons alive again and Elektra was the Leader of the Hand in the books.

Cant wait to see her return im The Defenders

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Jeremy Renner Interested In Netflix Series For Hawkeye

Netflix has become a key part in Marvel’s strategy. Shows like Daredevil and Jessica Jones have become massive hits and have introduced many different and unique characters into the Marvel universe. Could this platform be an opportunity to some big screen crossovers?

During a panel at Silicon Valley Comic Con, Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) was asked if he would have any interested in doing a Hawkeye series on Netflix, similar to that of Daredevil or the upcoming Luke Cage.

“I think that’s actually a really great model, if there’s ever a way to explore the character, maybe it’s in that world. These are things that are really not in my control, but I’d be open to it. I’ve really enjoyed getting to explore the character more recently. The Netflix model is where all the character drama goes to now, you’re doing a superhero movie or a Netflix or HBO kind of model. So I’d be open to it. Not up to me, though.”

Later on he was asked if he would like to do a solo movie with Black Widow and without hesitation he responded, “In a second. I’d love to do that.”

Renner can be seen next as Hawkeye in the upcoming Captain America: Civil War. Get ready to choose your side when Captain America: Civil War hits theaters on May 6, 2016.

Source: ComicBook.com

http://heroichollywood.com/jeremy-renner-interested-netflix-series-hawkeye/

Neoxon

Elektra died and returned in the Comics too, The Hand has a big plot point with making dead persons alive again and Elektra was the Leader of the Hand in the books.

Cant wait to see her return im The Defenders
Oh thank god, I was getting worried for a moment.

inky

Fuck a Hawkeye show. No thanks. Go home and be a family man, Renner, you are no Hawkguy (which is pretty much what people think about when they say they want a Hawkeye show).

Kate Bishop would be neat. They should probably save something like that for the post-IW era. Most of these guys are going to be gone by then anyway.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Depends on the Post Civil War Status Quo, I can see a couple of heroes beeing thrown in jail or hunted after the movie, which would make a amazing setting for a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom