• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So, does MarvelGAF go and see BvS?
Will watch it on Wednesday.
Yup, going on Wednesday.

Sadly, that's more interesting than anything Captain Marvel has ever done in any of her comic runs. She's easily the largest challenge in all the proposed MCU films IMO. Not a single notable villain or storyline in sight. I have faith that they will retune and elevate her material a great deal to something worthy of the MCU.
Honestly, the movie should've been about Monica rather than Carol.

kurahador

I mean come on. Few days before DC movie opens and they upload this article?
It's an obvious clickbait article and I don't understand the need to share it.

AMUSIX

So this is Tom Holland's current IMDB photo:
2yRtsfq.jpg

Looks like he's really enjoying being Spidey.

inky

Let's wait til the movies come out before you guys do any of that shit.

If CW came out and it had like a lower RT score, the universe would collapse under that thread's gravitational pull.

Hey, don't say it will never happen. It can't happen until it does...

duckroll

Anyone who is actually happy that a Batman vs Superman film with solid production values is getting a bad reception, is not a comic book fan.

mreddie

No competition makes the business bad.

As long as BvS is more tolerable than MoS, that would kickass. It needs to make millions if you want the wave to continue.

Unlike Fantastic 4, you actually need this to be a hit

Anth0ny

Why? Plenty of people here that are going to watch BvS. If the movie sucks, none of us win.

I've had imax tickets for Thursday night for close to a month. Believe me, no one is more disappointed than I am that this movie seems to be picking up right where Man of Steel left off.

DC creating an awesome cinematic universe would only light a fire under Marvel's ass to do better. If BvS underperforms, no one wins.

That gif was just honestly how I see the MCU right now... everything is great. The films are great and successful. The TV shows are great and successful. We have upcoming films with Spider-Man and Black Panther and Doctor Strange... it's very nice ^_^

Why can't DC just nail the formula in their own, unique way? They have all the pieces. It can't be that hard!

Anyone who is actually happy that a Batman vs Superman film with solid production values is getting a bad reception, is not a comic book fan.

I can only speak for me, but it's much more about the schadenfreude from the MoS Defense Force than about actually wanting BvS to suck.

tomtom94

Anyone else watching American Crime Story? Joe Robert Cole is a co-producer and he's also written a couple of episodes, including the episode all about the defence and the prosecution's attempts to 'play the race card'.

Bodes well for Black Panther. And Inhumans, in the unlikely event that that's still happening.

Yup Agreed

We need the genre to continue to elevate

BvS being bad is a step backwards for everyone. And its clear Critics are getting harsher thanks to the increased volume of these movies

I wouldnt expect them to go easy on Civil War either

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Competition is always good and I would be happy if a Non R-Rated dark Superhero Movie would have had a success, so that Marvel would try something similar out.

curb

Banned
I prefer Marvel's characters and general movie tone but I agree that competition will be good for the "genre". Hopefully BvS is just a misstep and Suicide Squad and Justice League can get things back on track. I still want to see BvS eventually - cynical critics aren't everything.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Disney Threatens to Boycott Georgia If Governor Signs Anti-Gay Bill

Disney and its Marvel Studios film unit will not film future movies in Georgia if a controversial bill that critics contend would legalize anti-gay discrimination is signed by that state's governor.

"Disney and Marvel are inclusive companies, and although we have had great experiences filming in Georgia, we will plan to take our business elsewhere should any legislation allowing discriminatory practices be signed into state law," a company spokesman said Wednesday.

Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War and Guardian of the Galaxy Vol 2 are shot in Atlanta, so this is a pretty big deal.

olympia

i'm personally glad that a cynical and suffocatingly self-serious movie where superman is an asshole and batman kills people ended up tanking critically

civil war looks good, this movie never did

also go disney

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
i'm personally glad that a cynical and suffocatingly self-serious movie where superman is an asshole and batman kills people ended up tanking critically

civil war looks good, this movie never did

also go disney

MCU Captain America is what Superman should have been in the DC Extended Universe.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So, I've been messing around with shield's banner image in the OP for a little while now and I added the shows and movies that have been announced since the last update and now I realize I never posted it in the OT, so here goes nothing:

Full credit to shield who made the image to begin with, of course.

I couldn't get the Luke Cage logo to look right, tho.

TDLink

So, I've been messing around with shield's banner image in the OP for a little while now and I added the shows and movies that have been announced since the last update and now I realize I never posted it in the OT, so here goes nothing:

Full credit to shield who made the image to begin with, of course.

I couldn't get the Luke Cage logo to look right, tho.

Updated the image in the OP. Thank You!

I didn't want BvS to be bad per se, but I haven't liked the direction they have been taking that universe, so I'm actually glad it's reviewing poorly. Hopefully this will make them take a lighter tone since the Nolan style wouldn't work for the more outlandish characters. I also really don't like Affleck being cast as Batman.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm a Marvel fanboy (despite Batman being my favorite hero) but I hope I enjoy BvS. Going to see it Friday morning and I'm very excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom